TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

At least the train ads don't usually last very long.

I'm not so sure about that, Scream Machine got the hair gel ads on the white train at the end of last summer or in September and the ads on the train have still been there all of this season.

I'm just glad there is really no room to put ads anywhere on Nitro's trains.

lol looks like it belongs in seuss landing

Exactly! While I think the ad itself looks fine (like if it was on a billboard) but it looks horrible on a major coaster. And having just the first car be blue and pink makes it look really tacky from on offride view.

I change my stance. I no longer blame Six Flags for this heinous act. I blame Intamin. And the Intamin cable El Toro uses!

^I know, it looks all kiddie and cheap like original X! Coasters should not be pink!!!

So I gotta ask, which looks cheaper? Pink El Toro or the Intimidator stickers?

^Gosh that's a hard one.

I'd almost have to go with the El Toro wrap job cause it's temporary AND cheap, not permanent and cheap like Intimidator!!!

Damn these parks and messing with the front cars!!!

Maybe on a bright colored steel coaster....but on a wooden coaster? Hell no! I think that ad would look cool on Mindbender or Bizarro, but El Toro? Why would they sell out THAT coaster? Don't they know how highly respected it is?

But hey, if it pulls them out of debt just as quickly as they've been going, then go for it.

STRIDE GUM - Official gum of coaster enthusiasts...and Intamin! Buy KFC! Buy Chevy! Eat McDonalds! Get a Droid!

^I know, it looks all kiddie and cheap like original X! Coasters should not be pink!!!

Woah now...if ANY coaster could pull off pink, it was definitely X.

As for the stickers...I haven't liked them on Viper or Ninja trains at Magic Mountain, and I don't like them here. I don't care what kind of "revenue" they bring in, they look cheap, crappy and just scream "we're dying for any kind of cash to stay afloat!".

A pink and blue chewing gum ad on one of the top wooden coasters on the planet is the reason I'll never like Six Flags.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm going to GAdv tomorrow and this just made me all kinds of sad.

I hope I get to ride the normal train without the horrible ad. If they had to put advertising on the coaster why didn't they go with something that would actually match? Something that has brown in it, not pink and blue!

For some reason, this doesn't bother me at all. Maybe it is because I am a marketing guy, I don't know. But, I mean, look at the reaction it is getting out of this board. Sure it is a negative one, but it is a reaction. I'm sure it isn't getting all of negativity from regular visitors, just a lot of attention, which is exactly what it was put on there for.

And besides, who cares if you ride in this train? Is the color of the train going to take away from the ride? El Toro is still a kickass ride, even with pink and blue.

^Ha!!!

I was just at Great Adventure...and there were no gum 'wrappers' on El Toro.

BUT....on a more sad note....The Air Force/Elvira/Fly Me To the Moon/Spongebob ride was closed due to 'funstruction'.

This thread is pretty long, did someone already mention/post what SF is doing to this wonderful attraction?

I love the idea and think it is awesome, although it could work better for a product that is more synergystic with the El Toro theme.

I change my stance. I no longer blame Six Flags for this heinous act. I blame Intamin. And the Intamin cable El Toro uses!

Don't blame the SF or Intamin.

Blame today's ADD society who refuse to watch commercials on TV. Throw out your remote controls and DVRs.

Blame cheap enthusiasts who complain about park prices and force a bankrupt company to find alternative revenue streams.

I love the idea and think it is awesome, although it could work better for a product that is more synergystic with the El Toro theme.

Such as Red Bull, perhaps?