TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Bamboozle Tour hits Six Flags Great Adventure Thursday June 24th.

Performing:

All Time Low

Boys Like Girls

LMFAO

Third Eye Blind

Forever the Sickest Kids

Good Charlotte

Simple Plan

Cady Groves

Great Big Planes

Mercy Mercedes

Stereo Skyline

The Ready Set

Vedera

Vita Chambers

Exclusive Season Pass Holders Pre Sale on NOW until Friday March 5th at 9am.

General Public Presale is Friday March 5th at 10am.

Season Passholders password is "88YJ8JQ6G7"

Peace, Big Mike

^Isn't the event on a regular operating day, Sunday May 23rd. Everything should be open after your walk.

From the SFGAdv website:

Walk with Ronald

Six Flags Great Adventure and the Ronald McDonald House present Walk with Ronald, a "Kids Helping Kids" fund raiser. All walkers are invited to enjoy the park free of charge after the event. Check back soon for more details.

Man, I didn't want to have a general thread cause I thought we're too cool for that at SFGADV. Anyways, last year for the season opener it was cold out. Weather did play a part in the day with the wind. On Dark Knight my car was used to set blocks so I had to walk off the ride. I didn't worry, I rode it later in the summer. I don't expect to have everything open Opening Day. I'm happy to feed some of my hunger for coasters and I got it. Bizarro wasn't ready, not a big deal for me. It had the Memorial Day debut.

Nice, I will take advantage of the free ticket in June, since school is still in session the park isn't that crowded during the week. I made the mistake of going on a bring a friend free day in September 2008 and on a Saturday it was jammed. Nitro was into the switchbacks, BTR was into the garden area. The only coasters with under 15 minute waits were GASM, Runaway Mine Train and Skull Mountain.

^Isn't the event on a regular operating day, Sunday May 23rd. Everything should be open after your walk.

From the SFGAdv website:

Walk with Ronald

Six Flags Great Adventure and the Ronald McDonald House present Walk with Ronald, a "Kids Helping Kids" fund raiser. All walkers are invited to enjoy the park free of charge after the event. Check back soon for more details.

Yeah I'm saying that there is an ERT before the park opens and I want to know If anyone has ever been to that specific one.

^I think the chutes looked better when the colors agreed with GASM.

Any color other than white or red looks a bit odd for that area.

Then again, the Boardwalk theme never really stuck for the park.

Also, I'm very pumped for opening day! Can't wait to see Tornado later in the year.

Really hoping no flats will be removed, and Houdini should re-open again too!

Prices for The Flash Pass vary, depending on level of service and number of riders. Regular The Flash Passes are priced from $37.00 for the first person. Gold

The Flash Passes are priced from $82.00 for the first person and new for 2010, Platinum The Flash Passes are priced from $102.00 for the first person. Up to 5 extra riders, can be added to your The Flash Pass for an additional charge.

--> They actually got cheaper than initially announced. Pretty curious about how much an extra person on a gold will cost.

I have a question about the season pass discount books. I got my 2010 season pass last October but never got the book because they did not have them yet. Can I just pick it up when I come up to visit at the end of April? Also can I use the discounts from the book the day I get it for example Bring A Friend Free? One of my roommates & I are flying up (I live in Orlando now) for a weekend in April & I just want to know if I can use that to get him in or not.

^ You can pick it up at the Looney Tunes Shop or I think Season Pass processing, then exit the park with a handstamp and use the coupon book at the ticket gates. I got my coupon book in the middle of April in 2008 so I would think at the end of April it wouldn't be a problem

^^ It depends on crowds, so I would wait to see until you get there. I went in late June on a Wednesday last year and had very minimal waits and a flashpass wouldn't have been needed (I never use flashpass but if I were to consider it, I wouldn't have needed it that day), the only real wait was Kingda Ka at around 10 - 15 minutes. In fact, every time I have gone in June during the week it has always been very low with crowds.

Prices for The Flash Pass vary, depending on level of service and number of riders. Regular The Flash Passes are priced from $37.00 for the first person. Gold

The Flash Passes are priced from $82.00 for the first person and new for 2010, Platinum The Flash Passes are priced from $102.00 for the first person. Up to 5 extra riders, can be added to your The Flash Pass for an additional charge.

--> They actually got cheaper than initially announced. Pretty curious about how much an extra person on a gold will cost.

Interesting they have a new Platinum Flashpass. According to the site, you can get 2 rides at once with it. I wonder how that will be handled, especially at the rides that merge at the station. I also hope they still allow re-rides for everyone when there is no line since it could be confusing if they allow both Platinum users and everyone else to have re-rides, but I guess on days when lines are that short hardly anyone would be using Platinum in the first place.

Does anyone who has attended or heard about one of the past Coaster Celebrations know if it's worth the $30? If a lot of people attend, it seems like the ERT would be more crowded than the lines normally. I have a season pass, but two hours of ERT on Nitro until midnight sounds great.

I know either last year or the year before they cancelled it at the last minute due to weather even though it had stopped storming or raining by the time the event was supposed to start. I think another year (2006 or 2007?) there was another issue.

If you have a season pass and can get to the park on a Friday night, Coasters After Dark is always very empty and close to ERT type lines and there it is free for season pass holders (the park is just open for passholders unless they let the physics day kids also stay). I just looked at my ride count and got 24 rides (including 10 on Nitro) last year and 27 in 2008, both times I was at the event from the beginning to closing so 5 hours. It's probably either April 30th or May 7th this year.

Does anyone know if Houdini is going to be open in 2010 because of it's popularity during Fright Fest last year? It most likely won't, considering the other rides that will be SBNO in 2010 so far, but I just want to make sure.

Hi to all,

I'm new and I don't speak so much english.

I want to visit Six flags Great Adventure in May, and I'm searching deliver for better visit.

Anyone can explain to me how flash pass work?

This pass is advisable? I've only one day and I want to try all attraction (especially rollcoaster).

Thank you for every answer