TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I reserving judgement on the color scheme until the name/exact theme is announced. I definately like how my old home park's SROS turned out with the similar, yet reversed colors. It definately stands out more. I never cared for the superman theme anyways and was happy to see the logos dissapear.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on convenience though too... SFA sends all of their PTC trains (Wild One and Roar) to PTC every year for rehab. Then again, PTC is only a few hours up the road from SFA and apparently PTC gives them a really good deal. I would find it very hard to believe that SFMM would send their coaster's train all the way across the continent just for annual rehab... especially considering the park has MANY more coasters (including other B&Ms) that would need similar yearly maintenance.

The guy who heads Premier used to be a higher up at SFMM, so maybe there's some sort of connection there. There's potentially thousands of reasons that none of us are privy to for Premier to be handling it. Maybe that train required more extensive work or expertise than others when it came time for rehab?

• 3 weeks later...

If you visit www.lexcorpinternational.com/security, you will be taken to a security monitor. Tag the photos that have numbers on them. Those numbers are 63, 31, 11, 14, and 82. The only hard one is 11, that one is on the clock. Once that has happened, you will be taken to a facial recognition page. Put the photos at the bottom in order of the numbers of the photos. The order is: 6314823111. Call this number, 1-631-482-3111 and the man in the facial recognition reveals an on-board audio system will be installed on Medusa and Superman Ride of Steel.

Also, on page four of the Daily Planet web site, it says the "Metropolis Monarchs" baseball team lost miserably to the "Gotham City Goliaths" last season and plan to train extra hard to make sure they win this season. This is a possible connection that reveals the name.

Gotham City Goliaths my guess is The Dark knight and Goliath roller coasters that went up in past seasons in the Gotham City sections of parks.

Metropolis Monarchs could possiby mean the Medusa and S:ROS re-themes.

Also, in one of "Jimmy's" videos at Jimmystruth2power.com, there is a message in the background that says "Go Monarchs". This could mean that the rides could be named Monarch and themed to some sort of Monarch-Luthor battle.

Here's the character "Monarch":

Can't wait for more, it's been fun playing along!

While it doesn't matter to me what the name actually ends up to be, because I love this ride - would they really bring a super hero character type theme to this side of the park as well? Why not keep it on the proper side of the park? I cannot wait until they finally unveil the name though. I hate to speculate!

That was a cool little game to play! I love how interactive they've gotten. Phone calls is a major plus IMO. I don't know if I would have figured it out with out your spoiler though!

Have they emailed out sp holders and "funatics" subscribers about this? I wonder how many people are actually following this progressive game?

Im a pretty big comic fan, and I gotta say that if it is a Monarch theme, its really stupid. No one is gonna know who the hell he is, heck I can barely tell you who he is. I'm all for the retheme, but atleast do something that makes sense. Now we have 4 comic related coasters in the park, 3 of which aren't even close to each other. I know most people dont care, but this RCT slap rides and themes down anywhere bugs the heck outta me. Its just lazy.

^I don't know who the hell the characters are at European theme parks, but I still enjoy the rides!

Yea, but I bet the majority of the people in Europe do. If your gonna spend a lot of money to re-theme a ride why do it with an obscure character, when you can do it with someone with mass appeal.

I still dont think Monarch is the theme though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Even though this is a Medusa transform announcement, I do have some news for you with both the RIDE and other things happening at the park!

First off, the park Carousel is being restored!

Courtesy of Six Flags Great Adventure (Special thanks to Angel and Jenn!)

To see more photos and read the press release click the link below

http://www.gadv.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16089

And second, some little tidbits found from my members for Medusa!

Enjoy!