TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

to bad there are no pictures of the "train rehab" I'd like to see how they re-furbish a floorless coaster.... (I've seen trains on Montu in rehab).

well so far the blue don't look bad, unlike DOMINATOR's whole color scheme. I hope they pick some nice colors for the supports, and trains. Something aesthetically pleasing, not crap like on dominator. I also find it amusing that when I went up there back in May I said to my friend; "god! they need to re-paint this coaster, and do work on the trains".

back to the point, thank god thus far we are out of the clear of the Dominator paint job, and hopefully in the clear of a scream color scheme (I honestly did not try to rhyme). I (just like all of you) am hoping that it is NOT going to be re-named; "scream 2, flight deck II", or some other dumb name to compete with everyone else...

and hopefully in the clear of a scream color scheme

I actually really like scream's colors. Not the name obviously, just the colors. It doesn't matter to me what the colors turn out to be. It's more about what they do to the actual ride experience. Maybe they'll add a cool pre-show movie.

i don't know about anyone else but I do not like it when the rails are the same color as the rest of the track on BMs. Scream and The Dark Knight in SFNE look pretty cool with the color rails - even the plain steel color or painted grey is a nice touch to add the scheme. Its just looks to blahhh all one color and you can't really appreciate the beauty of the curves and twists.

Scream's color's and the fact it never has a line are the only two things I like about the ride.

this. At SFDK everyone waiting to ride the B&M Floorless. At SFMM, it sits in the back unloved, which means like a 2 train wait max for the front row. Good stuff (well maybe not for SFMM). Seriously, the colors are awesome. The parking lot not so much though.

^^While I get your point and agree, those two pictures are terribly biased thanks to the lighting

Now that it's been brought up, though, B&Ms sport quite a few nifty paint jobs. They mix and match colors on the rails, ties, spines, tie side of spines (see Mantis or Silver Bullet), even a racing stripe (Patriot) or vertical loop. Not to mention all the naked rails that still look good. I definitely like more than one color on the track (like Scream...I just wish the colors had meaning of some sort). I like I'd love to see Intamin do something like that, though I doubt that will happen.

That blue on the Coaster Formerly Known As Medusa is sexy though. I'll take it.

First off, I think Scream is an awesome coaster that is completely underrated. I also think it is one of the uglier coasters on the planet, but I don't care about looks, I care about the ride experience.

That being said I'll get on-topic by saying that I love the shade of blue on what's currently known as Medusa. I know Sharipro did want to increase the DC Superhero theming so this makes me wonder whether this will be tied into that as well.

First off, I think Scream is an awesome coaster that is completely underrated. I also think it is one of the uglier coasters on the planet, but I don't care about looks, I care about the ride experience.

That being said I'll get on-topic by saying that I love the shade of blue on what's currently known as Medusa. I know Sharipro did want to increase the DC Superhero theming so this makes me wonder whether this will be tied into that as well.

If it is to be themed to a DC Superhero I will be curious about there descision. I wanna see if the hero they would choose would somehow fistthe "Western Theme" of the area.