TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

That's great that SF is putting money and effort into these rides to improve them.

I just hope these improvements find it's way to another park, one ride comes to mind (SFGAM ) Iron Wolf to be exact. Deferent trains, other than stand up trains and a new coat of paint would improve this ride, don't you think.

Awesome. Something like this was alluded to earlier when the "Spider of Doom" visited the ride. Screamscape actually called this, but then blew it off:

Still, this has led to some speculation that perhaps Medusa might get a X2 style facelift, adding a soundtrack and special effects. According to Screamscape sources however, this is not the case at all and simply a case of people with “too much time on their hands.”

I'm wondering what all the new transformation will entail. It said the Greek Mythology theme is leaving, so new name as well? This could essentially be a brand new coaster to the GP (if they fail to see the X-->X2 change...)

I'm glad my trip up there in September fell through! Can't wait for next year!

At least the "Spider of Doom" was a good thing this year. When they put it on Chiller last year it ment goodbye.

Old post but that is not the Spider of Doom... that was a old trails entrance and put at Chiller for Fright Fest 2006...

THAT is the Spider of Doom.

This seems to be a new trend of Six Flags. I personally really like it. Six Flags is going out and improving their existing ride base instead of adding more coasters. I hope this trend continues, and as Robb said earlier in this thread it'd be nice if Cedar Fair (Ghostrider is a prime example of an amazing coaster which has become run down) takes notice!

Awesome. Something like this was alluded to earlier when the "Spider of Doom" visited the ride. Screamscape actually called this, but then blew it off:

Still, this has led to some speculation that perhaps Medusa might get a X2 style facelift, adding a soundtrack and special effects. According to Screamscape sources however, this is not the case at all and simply a case of people with “too much time on their hands.”

I'm wondering what all the new transformation will entail. It said the Greek Mythology theme is leaving, so new name as well? This could essentially be a brand new coaster to the GP (if they fail to see the X-->X2 change...)

I'm glad my trip up there in September fell through! Can't wait for next year!

At least the "Spider of Doom" was a good thing this year. When they put it on Chiller last year it ment goodbye.

Old post but that is not the Spider of Doom... that was a old trails entrance and put at Chiller for Fright Fest 2006...

THAT is the Spider of Doom.

I thought that was the "Spider of Doom" because it was on Chiller before the Zero-Gs got replaced. Hey its still a Spider on Chiller

It's good to see Medusa getting attention. Its entire ride crew was awful this year and it seemed to be lacking a lot of care, and there was that weird thing about it only opening at 12. I'm glad to see this happening, even though Gadv really need more flats before coaster rehabs.

The part in the announcement i find funny though is the "removing the Greek theme" part. Uhhhhh... i thought it was themed to "Medusa Mining Company" hahahahaha

It opened at 12 because the park wanted to save money since they felt it wasn't pulling enough crowds in the morning.

I agree about the slow loading, it made running 3 trains useless because 1 or 2 were always sitting on the brake run. I blame the park more than the crew though. It's difficult to check a 32 seat train with only 2 people and not stack. That was a problem at all the coasters this year. They really need 4 people checking restraints on all 4 B&M coasters

I agree with you about it being partially the parks fault, but still most of the time i rode Medusa this year the crew was rude and lazy. This one day i hung out with some of the park workers my age who just ran the food vendors and games, and they also noted that the entire park staff dislikes Medusa's ride crew.

But whatever, that's behind us now. We can hopefully look forward to a really awesome new experience on Medusa next year and hopefully a new management standard for the ride.

I agree with you about it being partially the parks fault, but still most of the time i rode Medusa this year the crew was rude and lazy. This one day i hung out with some of the park workers my age who just ran the food vendors and games, and they also noted that the entire park staff dislikes Medusa's ride crew.

Ironically I noticed that too on my visit in 08. They stacked 3 trains for a good amount of time every load while the lead sat in the control area next to the operator chewing gum watching his crew suck it up.

Well again I think instead of building new coasters (with the exception of The Terminator at SFMM) Six Flags is conserving by redoing rides and they are making money off of the re-done rides; Like X2, it drew a lot of people opening weekend! So I think great Idea Six Flags!

(with the exception of The Terminator at SFMM)

And The Dark Knight, AND Buccaneer Battle, AND Evel Knievel. Six Flags is doing a great job. Yeah there parks might not be fantastic, but the strategy that they are using is wonderful.

They add in some new rides one year, and redo a ride the next year for way cheaper. A Medusa makeover is perfect and gives the park an excuse of sorts for not adding a new ride.

By not adding a new ride, they can save a lot of money, WHILE keep attracting visitors, and eventually get themselves out of debt.