TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

ction; better than what Hershey or BGE has, especially Hershey.

The Chiller had a lot of problems, which they had spent years trying to fix. Eventually you have to just give up. Why not say Premier sucks since they're more to blame for this ride sucking than Six Flags is?

Six Flags bashing is so three years ago.

Actually... Six Flags bashing with me started when Shapiro took over. With Great Adventure my home park, they've done a lot wrong For example.. last year. El toro and Kingda Ka were last to open at noon. Chiller operated less, Stuntman's Freefall and Poland Spring Plunge are removed, Now Chiller is removed. The years before Shapiro took over, i felt that Six Flags was really starting to make the parks work well. I won't say premier sucks or Six Flags sucks because I am not sure who made the decisions that lead to some problems. Six Flags is at fualt for selling it though. Trying to add the humps instead of the rolls, I am unsure if Premier suggested it, or Six Flags wanted the ride to be less intense.

The idea of making the trains only have 4 cars i believe is what screwed it up, and caused Six Flags to sell it, I kind of believe that was Six Flag's doing though. Premier might have just Oked it though.

^well you never know enoguh money and hard work and they really could have gotten the ride working well but thats not the case...honestly this was one of premiers earlier desgins ( i think ) don't bash them.

as for the spinner it would be cool if it took up both chiller and freefalls spot and kinda jumped over the path in the middle. Like make it partially enclosed with an outdoor section.

^that'd be cool too, that would result in a pretty large coaster actually, and over the path is always attractive too because guests obviously are forced to notice it's presence. Who knows what the future holds, I hope they are smart and do this right though since many of the GP will also be upset that Chiller is gone next season

Not to be rude, but I wouldnt be expecting anything amazing to go in that park, at least for the next few years. A family roller coaster would be nice, but you just got Kingda Ka in 2005 and El Toro in 2006, so it doesnt seem logical to add a giant new coaster 2 years after that. There are other parks that are more deserving.

Not to be rude, but I wouldnt be expecting anything amazing to go in that park, at least for the next few years. A family roller coaster would be nice, but you just got Kingda Ka in 2005 and El Toro in 2006, so it doesnt seem logical to add a giant new coaster 2 years after that. There are other parks that are more deserving.

But do you remember when SF said they want to make Gadv the "crown jewel" of the chain.

Anyways, I was thinking, an X car coaster would fit perfectly in Chiller's place. One with the giant inverted lift.

But do you remember when SF said they want to make Gadv the "crown jewel" of the chain.

Anyways, I was thinking, an X car coaster would fit perfectly in Chiller's place. One with the giant inverted lift.

If it is their crown jewel, it's a really really crappy one. I mean, it's crowded as heck, half the rides break down, have either terrible capacity or ops, or they're just over-hyped rides that are truly nothing special. SF really needs to realize what a dump that park is. It was dirtier than SFMM the time I went, and it has maybe two truly thrilling rides (El Toro and Kingda Ka).

Six Flags always ends up saying that about a park in the chain every few years when they invest a ton of money in it. Let me name some parks that have been considered "crown jewels."

2000: Six Flags Magic Mountain- addition of 4 new rides for 2001 and "The X-treme Park!" marketing.

2001-03: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure- addition of several new rides/Sea World/announcements of a "giant volcano walk through" and Cartoon Network area to be built later. (We all what happened to that park)

2006: Six Flags Marine World- transformation into Six Flags Discovery Kingdom to be the standard of "Shapiro's Six Flags."

2006: Six Flags Fiesta Texas- Shapiro said to be "extremely pleased with this park."

2006: Great Escape- see SFFT.

2005-07: Six Flags Great Adventure- 2 new coasters back to back, new children's areas.

So technically, Six Flags has 5 "crown jewel" parks (excluding SFWoA/GL). Most of this crown jewel stuff comes after a major announcement/addition and does not necessarily mean that a park in the chain is a "jewel/flagship" park. Sometimes, it seems like the head of SF is like a politician and whenever he claims a park is a "crown jewel," fanboys go and gloat about it, even though there have been other parks in the past that have been said to be flagship parks.

If it is their crown jewel, it's a really really crappy one. I mean, it's crowded as heck, half the rides break down, have either terrible capacity or ops, or they're just over-hyped rides that are truly nothing special. SF really needs to realize what a dump that park is. It was dirtier than SFMM the time I went, and it has maybe two truly thrilling rides (El Toro and Kingda Ka).

Wow, you are TOTALLY exaggerating. Seriously, its NOT a DUMP!! I'm not saying this just cause its my home park, its just not. First of all, all there rides (except for chiller of course) have been running great this year. ET and KK crews were doing really good ESPECIALLY ET. The park cannot help that it's crowded. It's good for them, mostly because of the location. Seriously, stop whining about the park being crowded when that's what most parks are in the summer. Seriously, GADV is one of the nicest if not the nicest six flags park in the chain. It's theming is great. And I really do not know what your talking about it being dirty. It's really not dirty at all. And pretty much all major coasters there are thrilling, as are every other major coaster at SFMM of another SF park. You cant go on A B:TR and say its not thrilling. Cause it really is. Its just not fun to you anymore.

Wow, I am sorry, what you said is totally wrong.

^Oh no! He said something bad about your home park...the world is coming to an end!

Maybe he went to the park and it was dirty, maybe the last time he visited was last year when they had a list of, "Rides closed for the rest of the season," as well as a, "rides closed for the day."

Just because someone says something bad about a park doesn't mean you have to get all offended and rant (It was quite funny to read, i must say). Its a forum where people discuss their opinions etc, but you got into a little hissy fit about it, calm down and act your age... ...oh wait...you were...sorry!

Reference: Sign from 2006 season

^yo man, it really depends on when he visited the park, also, rides break down all of the time, something the park can't control, sure they have the control to fix it, but you can't name 1 park that doesn't have this problem too.

GAdv is also my homepark, it definitely used to be dirty 2 years ago, I agree with that. But they have really stepped up and transformed this park into a very enjoyable place recently, adding beautiful scenery and theming and family areas to attract families more. With Wiggles World, Bugs Bunnyland, and Balen's Jungleland they have a fantastic aray of rides and activities for kids and families, along with one of the best coaster lineups anywhere for the teens and thrill freaks.

I know this is a forum for opinions, but people are allowed to defend too if his facts aren't correct, which they really aren't because SFGAdv is totally a different park from 2 years ago and beyond when it wasn't that nice. The operations are superb, KK hasn't had even close to as many problems this season as in the past, ET never stops pumping out trains and not a lot of rides are closed, which means they are getting better and doing there job. Plus, he wasn't being "hissy" about it, he's representing himself and his homepark, and honestly, there wasn't anything immature about his comment, it was orderly and with regular tone, if anything yours was worse. That's it from me.

I agree with the people that say SFGADV is a totally different park. I was there the last year of Viper and had just a miserable day. Terrible ops, stuff not open, etc. I went back this year hoping for one ride on El Toro. I ended up with 4, Robin, Superman, Nitro, all in less then 2 hours in the park. It was so much improved that it didn't even seem like the same place.

The Dark Knight Coaster is coming in 2008! Be transformed into a citizen of

Gotham City — caught in the middle of a city under siege and torn apart by The Joker.

With The Dark Knight, experience the ride of a lifetime. Venture through demented hallways of twists, turns and hallucinatory images, while being tormented by The Joker himself. Then set foot onto a distressed, vandalized train platform. You can only guess at what awaits as you speed through six

180-degree hairpin turns, climb unseen hills, plunge into pitch darkness and dip into unforeseen danger. As you attempt to escape the terror, your only hope is that Gotham's Silent Guardian —

Batman — can save you!

THE DARK KNIGHT COASTER BY THE NUMBERS

Height Restrictions - 48" min. to ride alone, 42" with adult.

Ride Category - Thrill

Flash Pass - No

Length - 1,213 feet

Duration - 120 seconds

Capacity - 32

Introduction - Spring, 2008

Manufacturer - Mack Rides GmbH & Co KG

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/ ... aster.aspx

Hopefully they release renderings and animation video for it.

Edited by SharkTums

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/info/news_TheDarkKnightCoaster.aspx

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces 'The Dark Knight' Themed Coaster for

2008 Season

Six Flags Great Adventure announced today its new attraction for 2008: "The Dark Knight Coaster," an indoor dark coaster based on Warner Bros. Pictures' upcoming movie The Dark Knight featuring

DC Comics' characters Batman and The Joker. The Dark Knight Coaster opens April 2008.

"Today's announcement represents Six Flags Great Adventure's continued focus on delivering a

well-rounded and balanced entertainment package," said Mark Kane, Six Flags Great Adventure's Park President. "The Dark Knight Coaster offers a unique experience that will appeal to families and teens alike."

The Dark Knight Coaster will transform guests into citizens of Gotham City — caught in the middle of a city under siege and torn apart by The Joker.

With The Dark Knight Coaster, guests will experience the ride of their lives. Venturing through demented hallways of twists, turns and hallucinatory images, they are tormented by The Joker himself. Then as they set foot onto a distressed, vandalized train platform, they can only guess at what awaits them as they speed through six 180-degree hairpin turns, climb unseen hills, plunge into pitch darkness and dip into unforeseen danger. As they attempt to escape the terror, their only hope is that Gotham's Silent Guardian — Batman — can save them.

"The opening of The Dark Knight Coaster will be perfectly-timed to coincide with the debut of the next Batman film from director Christopher Nolan. We're very excited that fans will be able to have a

first-hand experience with the sites, sounds and thrills of crime fighting in Gotham City," said

Brad Globe, President, Warner Bros. Worldwide Consumer Products.

The Dark Knight Coaster will use storytelling, physical movement, video, sound and special effects to bring guests a one-of-a-kind dark ride experience. The $7.5 million coaster will be located in the Movietown section of Six Flags Great Adventure.

About The Dark Knight Movie

Batman (Christian Bale) raises the stakes in his war on crime in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent

(Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker

(Heath Ledger). The Dark Knight releases in theaters July 18, 2008.

About DC Comics

DC Comics, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world and home to such iconic characters as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the Sandman. These DC Super Heroes and others have starred in comic books, movies, television series (both animated and live-action) and cyberspace, thrilling audiences of all ages for generations.

DC Comics' Web site is located at www.dccomics.com.

The Dark Knight indoor coaster is slated for an April 2008 opening. Guests can receive

up-to-the-minute park news and now purchase a 2008 season pass online at www.sixflags.com.