TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

1998-2007 is a short span for a coaster's life even with problems. Hope it can be moved to another park..

"Stealth" at Thorpe Park has loads of down-time, does this mean it will get taken down in a few years, I hope so and a decent wood or steel can be built which gives TP a proper signature ride.

^ Intamin Rocket coasters always break down a lot but they are still open the majority of the time. So unfortunatly were stuck with it. However, Batman and Robin hardly opened at all, and if it did it was only one side operating which doesn't look very professional (but it still would of been so much better than stealth).

yeah I mean Six Flags did what they could with it, but it was just too much to handle really, it's more Premier then anyone else for sure. It definitely was unique with one of my favorite launches going into the dome before the elements, I too hope Six Flags has a cool replacement in line for this ride.

I have to say the Chiller was a pretty good ride after they modified the trains and removed the OTSR's (this is my opinion on most of the Premier coasters). Maybe Premier was just a little ahead of themselves building these rides, but unfortunately in this business you don't seem to get a second chance when things go badly, just look at Arrow. You have to give SFGADV some of the blame however, they have a history of giving up on rides or just letting the fall apart. It's probably the best park to test out the long term reliablility of any ride and the worst to test out any new concept or one of a kind.

Removing the Chiller will certainly quiet down this part of the park; maybe they have a plan for this area since there's a lot of empty real estate in this area; Free Fall, Enterprise, Frisbee, Chiller, all gone.

its a good plot of land for a spinning coaster. i can totally see one of those goin up there if they should go in that direction. I will miss the roar of that ride. It was so LOUD. Sad to see it go. It was a really intense and unique ride.

Did the Robin track have the fastest cobra roll out there? Going thru that was such a rush!

its a good plot of land for a spinning coaster. i can totally see one of those goin up there if they should go in that direction. I will miss the roar of that ride. It was so LOUD. Sad to see it go. It was a really intense and unique ride.

Did the Robin track have the fastest cobra roll out there? Going thru that was such a rush!

Although your right, I think thats the last thing everyone wants

They're not. And I'm pretty sure thats the last thing ANYONE would want.

Tell me, what spinning coasters have you been on that you feel you can make that judgement? Spinning coasters attract families, and that is what SF is currently looking for, families in their parks.

I started to cry looking at those pictures....goodbye chiller I will miss you soo much! for all the neck pains and near black outs you gave me...as well as the mild headache from the sound of the train launch over me when I didn't expect it.

I'm sorry, but I find it quite funny that you are crying over a roller coaster.

I felt like crying seeing them tear down the great Hercules.

I've never been to SFGA.

I see the removal pics, but, my mind is already asking the question:

WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO INSTALL IT NEXT? Does anybody have any idea? Surely they aren't just packing it down in a storage barn somewhere...

Maybe they'll ship it to us in TX and I'll finally be able to ride it.

It would pretty much have to go to SFFT. I don't think SFOT has any room for it.

Yea I Wish

4 Launched in a 5 hour driving distance! haha!

Exactly. And if you've ever been on a spinning coaster, they aren't that great. And I don't think a spinning coaster would be themed well to a movie or character in Movie Town.

What is your realm of experience on spinning coasters? Just curious which ones you did not enjoy.

Personally I'm not a fan of spinning mice (although have had a few good rides). Spinning coasters are much better, especially the Maurer Sohne models.

If it is not a custom Maurer then it won't be that great. IMO.

Exactly. And if you've ever been on a spinning coaster, they aren't that great. And I don't think a spinning coaster would be themed well to a movie or character in Movie Town.

No, that is not at all what I am saying. The Maurer ones are amazing. Dragon's fury at Chessington is my top 20, and Taratula was my second favorite ride on the Spain trip. Also why would I make that statement if I hadn't been on a spinning coaster.

I happen to agree with your opinion on the six flags parks being bad. Maybe I was just spoiled by going to Busch Gardens Europe & Hershey Park. Lately it's like every time Six Flags puts in a new ride they take out two to compensate. I just don't get what there trying to do. Now there is like nothing over in that section of the park.

Hersheypark - 10 Coasters

BGE - 5 Coasters

Great Adventure - 12 Coasters (After The Chiller Removal)

I don't get your complaint. Great Adventure still has an absurdly good coaster collection; better than what Hershey or BGE has, especially Hershey.

The Chiller had a lot of problems, which they had spent years trying to fix. Eventually you have to just give up. Why not say Premier sucks since they're more to blame for this ride sucking than Six Flags is?

Six Flags bashing is so three years ago.

I’m not going against there coaster collection. I’m going against them taking the ride out. They have already taken out Freefall, Spin Meister and Pendulum in that area alone. What are they going to do with all of that space? I just find Hershey and BGE nicer in appearance and layout. I could say that Premier sucks, but I think they had a cool concept for a ride. It just sucks that Premier and/or Great Adventure couldn’t follow through with it.

Shapiro has done a pretty dam good job turning the park around. 2 years ago it was not a destination that many families wanted to go to. Now the park is nicer, the staff is friendlier, and most of the rides are actually working well.

He's making a good decision by taking out Chiller. It rarely ran, it was a money pit, and even when it ran, the area around it didn't spring to life. It was time for it to go and now it's time for something new.

Even though many people don't consider a spinning coaster very thrilling, I'd rather have a working attraction then a cool looking steel lawn ornament.