TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Well, there is only one thing I can say:

You have got to be kidding me. Shaprio and gang should definitely have a better reason than "it's not family friendly".

From all accounts this is to fix the design flaw exposed last year with the incident. Apparently the rolls were putting too much stress on the train (as well as the riders). The decision may have been more on Premiere's part than Six Flags since the ride has been a lemon since it opened and they were probably threatened with legal action if they didn't do more to fix it.

Of course now it will also not be able to get stuck upside down in the rolls with passengers stuck.

I think Six Flags *should* have removed B&R:TC, and sued Premiere Rides. Since its inception, the ride has been plagued with issues. It missed its entire opening season (minus 2 or 3 days in 1997). The ride is popular and intense, but I think Kingda Ka fills the void Chiller's removal would create. I simply believe Chiller will never perform reliably like its brothers in St. Louis and Texas. With all the rides being removed from SFGAdv. this off-season, I'd rather see Chiller join those ranks and utilize that cash to improve and/or fix some of the flats (like contracting Intamin to fix the Enterprise for starters).

I think Six Flags *should* have removed B&R:TC, and sued Premiere Rides. Since its inception, the ride has been plagued with issues. It missed its entire opening season (minus 2 or 3 days in 1997). The ride is popular and intense, but I think Kingda Ka fills the void Chiller's removal would create. I simply believe Chiller will never perform reliably like its brothers in St. Louis and Texas. With all the rides being removed from SFGAdv. this off-season, I'd rather see Chiller join those ranks and utilize that cash to improve and/or fix some of the flats (like contracting Intamin to fix the Enterprise for starters).
The last thing we need is SF sueing another great coaster company into bankruptcy.

Yeah, I will definately be missing the 0-g rolls on the rides, but it's not that bad. We'll get over it. It's like the double dip on Colossus being removed for another block. The 0-g rools will be removed for hill. Of course they say that Colossus sucks now, but I don't think that B&R will suffer as bad as a fate.