TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

18 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm sure it's just cause it's old and not worth trying to maintain anymore but it would sure be wonderful if Green Lantern was next since it's right next to it. Would free up a decent amount of space to put something else in.

I'm just dreaming though lol

If y'all don't want Green Lantern we'll gladly take it back and replace T3 with our best KK roller coaster lol

3 hours ago, mikeykaise said:

If y'all don't want Green Lantern we'll gladly take it back and replace T3 with our best KK roller coaster lol

Mikey over here acting like Chang was better than Lightning Run or Storm Chaser.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

Mikey over here acting like Chang was better than Lightning Run or Storm Chaser.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Or even Thunder Run, which I found kinda mediocre.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Double post, but the announcement is out. Apparently it's replacing the recently-added Caribbean Cove complex, which is what's most likely showing up at White Water in GA. Really seems to be continuing the company-wide theme of focusing on rides for younger children. No doubt this will be popular.

----

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor New Jersey is bringing all new kids’ attractions and park enhancements this summer. This investment features a brand-new tree house play structure, fourteen new kids’ slides, added rental cabanas, increased shade and a revitalized outdoor dining option. With non-stop soaking wet thrills, Hurricane Harbor will be the perfect place to escape the summer heat.

Splash Island

spacer.png

Kids will delight in the brand-new tree house play structure. With over 50 play features, young families will love the mini slides and curtain waterfalls. But no treehouse is complete without that gigantic water bucket perched high above and always ready to soak the splash-seekers below.

Brand New Slides

spacer.png

Guests will also find seven brand new colorful slides meant for smaller riders. The addition of CowabungaJellyfish TwistRipCurlShark AttackSplashin’ Seal and Stingray Racer bring the perfect amount of drops and twists for little ones seeking a gentle thrill.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 1:52 PM, coasterbill said:

It’s sad, but nobody rode this thing. It never had a line and probably cost a lot to operate. I don’t like it but I get it.

Wasn't it closed a lot of the operating season anyway?

Per the latest ElToroRyan video, El Toro won't open with the park (expected) but apparently  neither will Medusa, Mine Train, or Skyride. I presume Log Flume would be thrown in with those closures as well.

Basically HITP plus Kingda Ka/Zum. Not opening an entire end of the park until Memorial Weekend is hella premium.

• Haha 2

On 3/5/2023 at 8:31 PM, Zand said:

Per the latest ElToroRyan video, El Toro won't open with the park (expected) but apparently  neither will Medusa, Mine Train, or Skyride. I presume Log Flume would be thrown in with those closures as well.

Basically HITP plus Kingda Ka/Zum. Not opening an entire end of the park until Memorial Weekend is hella premium.

Staffing issues? Budget issues?

11 hours ago, Jason Maier said:

Staffing issues? Budget issues?

I'm sure. But it's just another thing that we all roasted Cedar Fair for two years ago that, meanwhile, Six Flags managed pretty well at the time.

Now? Selim'd again.

^I have always believed in Karma and balance in the amusement park industry.  SF and CF cannot both be great at the same time and they both can't be terrible. This has been since the 90's. They seem to ebb and flow and go back and forth and put some sort of terrible balance into the world!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/events/scream-break

Six Flags Great Adventure

SCREAM BREAK

April 8 - April 15

8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Extend your Spring Break day with nighttime chills during Scream Break, including haunted houses, a scare zone, ghouls, and nighttime rides on seven major rides, including our Extreme Attractions – Great American Road Race, Sling Shot and Dare Devil Dive!

Stay late and experience this limited after-hours special event. April 8 – 15 from 8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. (additional fee required). Our army of ghouls take over The Boardwalk and aren’t holding back. Enjoy nighttime on Superman: Ultimate Flight, The Green Lantern, Twister, Kingda Ka and our Extreme Attractions : Great American Road Race, Sling Shot and Dare Devil Dive! Dare to enter two haunted houses, The Manor and Fears!

Get a dose of vitamin SCREAM!

Event ticket sold separately, limited capacity. Free for Pass Holders.

It's $40+fees for night time onlyAgain, 3 HOURS.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

^Honestly seems like kind of a cool idea for passholders for free!  Would love to know what they're capping it at or how?  Those extreme rides have very low capacity and if they're running them free that's crazy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SharkTums said:

^Honestly seems like kind of a cool idea for passholders for free!  Would love to know what they're capping it at or how?  Those extreme rides have very low capacity and if they're running them free that's crazy!

On 3/21/2023 at 6:33 PM, bert425 said:

^ FREE for Pass Holders.

Yeah, the Free for passholders is a no-brainer (unlike when they tried to charge passholders for the Coaster Power Hours last year), but the non-passholder price is flat out ridiculous.

Elissa, I didn't see where the upcharge attractions were going to be free?  If that is the case, then yeah the price makes sense.

SFFT & SFOT started off charging everyone last week during Texas spring Break.

but by day 2, they started handing out free admission to Passholders at the park who asked for them.

I'm not sure that SFFT actually had a Cap - everyone I know that went and wanted a free admission pass for the After Hours Scream event, was able to get one - regardless if they were there at open or not.

I was planning to visit Six Flags Great Adventure in mid April 11 through the 14th for 3 or 4 days. This is my first time going to the park so I was wondering how busy the park gets during spring break that week in April. I will also be getting a diamond season pass. Will all the coasters other then El Toro and rides been fully open?  The park is open during that whole week and I have a week off from work so I'd like to make a trip out to Great Adventure.