TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

That Flash Pass line at Great Adventure is probably the worst I've waited in at any park. I think we waited over an hour on our last visit.

The one benefit I really wish they'd sort out online is the free membership flash pass tier upgrade. Platinum flash pass can be like $150 per person online but in person the tier upgrade can bring it down to like $100ish per person. And usually they'd achieve it by pressing some kind of $20 off button on their computer and I can't tell you how any times at various parks we've gotten a trigger-happy employee who hit that $20 off button a few too many times and saved us an extra $60-80 on top of that.

^That is the only downside to using the phone FP and not waiting in the FP line. SF still hadn't worked out how to apply any of you membership/pass benefits to the FP when you purchase it online, at least they hadn't when I visited SFMM in November. I know Diamond members automatically get like $10 off, and some parks run big discounts at certain times (SFFT in March last year had the Gold FP down to $40 with my membership), but as far as I've been able to figure out, you can only get these by buying in the actual FP office in-person. From there you have the option to either get the Qbot or the phone version. 

I really like the phone version over the Qbot, but if you want to use it without actually visiting the FP office (thus buying it online), then I believe there's no way to apply any discounts. 

It's pretty minor news, but Harry over at GreatAdventureHistory is able to confirm the Liberty Square Gazebo, a longtime park structure, is being removed this offseason with a new seating pavilion next to Johnny Rockets coming in its place. It's held a lot of shows over the years but it's honestly outlived its purpose at this point and removing it is the right call.

2012_08_11_IMG_5008%20copy.jpg

• Like 2

One time back during HITP 2016 I kinda uhhh got stuck at the park and couldn't get an Uber/Lyft to come pick up and take me to the Trenton train station and during my panicked and fruitless attempts with my phone dying that very outlet right there saved me, at least until I wound up begging a friend to come scoop me just before park close. RIP trusty outlet, I'll never forget you.

• Like 5

PSA: If you are one of these dummies planning a trip to this park anytime before Tuesday, June 21 that revolves around riding El Toro, might be a good idea to re-think that.

Posted today:
IMG-4318.jpg.7f187487d90b3a899e1861317c645721.jpg

And even if they miss their apparent target of a "Spring" opening, they are already setting it up where they can just blame it on the state.

(Haven't posted in a few hot minutes here because I've been to busy with work, and because of a Facebook jail sentence, I still have 11 more days until I can post in groups again)

Yeah with Flash Pass going mobile only, not only will it chew up battery life (I remedied that by turning on my phone's battery saver mode) and data use as the park's WiFi is spotty as frick; but what about rides where no phones are allowed (El Toro, The Joker, Kingda Ka)?

10 minutes ago, Jason Maier said:

...because of a Facebook jail sentence, I still have 11 more days until I can post in groups again)

Kinda curious what you did/said to get temporarily banned from Facebook.

38 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Kinda curious what you did/said to get temporarily banned from Facebook.

Without going into too much detail, I made a post that was political in nature (about the Russian invasion of Ukraine about a prominent media figure) and said post was flagged as inflammatory/threatening. As it was my third such infraction, I had a weeklong posting ban overall from FB as well as a month long ban from posting in groups and my posts would be moved lower in feed.

• 2 weeks later...

Shocked to see it but this is a nice encouraging email. Let's see if it actually runs on Saturday. Supposed to be pretty nice by mid afternoon (mid-50s) so weather shouldn't be an issue.

image.thumb.png.26b1234a9ae45c66aece693999ac9851.png

• Like 1

The Six Flags app says Kingda Ka AND Jersey Devil are temporarily closed. Does anyone know how long is temporary? Is it closed for weeks or days? Hoping to go NEXT Thursday for the first time.

Probably just an app glitch or something. Both operated this past weekend and the website mentions nothing of them being closed. Since the whole park is closed this week, no one here is going to have any more solid info. You could call the park and ask but I doubt they go into detail either.

• 1 month later...

I'll be visiting this park this summer. Is the flash pass available to use on your phone? Also can you get your skip the lines on your phone too? This would eliminate going to the flash pass office. My home park Magic Mountain has this and it works great.

9 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Yes, but if you want to use the Flash Pass or line skips on El Toro, Kingda Ka, Jersey Devil or Joker you'll need to go to the Flash Pass building and get a wristband since you can't have your phone at those rides.

Ugh, that's not surprising but so stupid. Is there any kind of way to skip the ridiculous Flash Pass line if you buy in advance? We're thinking about going next month and I never want to wait in that line again. Last summer it took us like 90 mins.

Most times they have people in front of the Flash Pass booth handing out the bands and it takes no time at all, but it’s also Six Flags and policies are subject to change on a dime to something entirely nonsensical and then change again every 3 days all season.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Park was dead Sunday, station wait for pretty much everything all day. Zumanjaro was closed and they said it hasn't opened this year yet but would open soon, anyone know what the problem was? 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, Chasehat said:

^Im pretty sure it’s been waiting on a part from Intamin. Hasn’t it been closed since late last season?

Waiting on parts from Intamin seems to be all the rage right now... 🙄

It's insane how slow their process is.