TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The thing I don't like about the Jersey Devil is the seat configuration. You're sitting with your legs spread, almost like straddling a car transmission hump (for those old enough to remember). It also reminds me getting a colonoscopy! Also the engineering is poor with the restraints.

I like that the entire restraint pulls over your head as one, but if you do it too soon the platform rideop needs to release it with a tool. Just lock it up until it's ready to come down or program the computer to not sample it's position until later. Maybe this has been fixed, since I've not read anyone complaining about it. I hope so. The layout is great compared to Wonder Woman at 6 Flags Fiesta.

^ It's funny, both of my friends I rode JDC with complained similarly about both the way you are seated and the restraints, but I didn't find any issues with any of it and was perfectly comfortable the entire ride.

I wonder if it's a body type / height thing, like maybe if you're smaller in frame or something. I remember reading similar complaints about Raptors when they first opened, so I was anticipating a similar experience when I rode Railblazer for myself but ended up not having any issues. Haven't been on JDC yet, though.

Oh wow. I had heard about the kids area revamp but just assumed they would save it till next year since neither park is currently scheduled to receive any new attractions (expect overall park improvements though). 

Maybe they will save some of this new kids area, as I’m hearing this is just the beginning for it. Park will bring back other old seaport kiddie rides and rename current ones to match the Jersey theme. Possibly will go out and buy some new kiddie rides too or receive donations from other parks. Hearing they will definitely need to clear some trees and even maybe take down the stage over there to make room 

Hello!  Can someone tell me how Flash Passes work and which one is recommended?   I am used to the typical Fast Lane where you get the basic or the plus.  I am not quite understanding how GA is working these.  I see there are three tiers and in an ideal world, I would love the big one, but that's a bit steep in price.  So, I am wondering, for going on a Wednesday, which one would be sufficient?   Do they work the same way as FL where you wait in line (but in a separate line as the main line)?  Or..is it they give you a time to go back to ride? Thanks for your help!

Six Flags' Flash Pass system works like this:

1. You get an electronic device (either a wristband, or it's being offered on your phone at some parks).
2. On the device, you choose which Flash Pass-enabled ride you want to go on next.
3. The device then waits a specified time, and tells you to the ride.  This is where the levels vary, explained below.
4. Once at the ride, you are scanned in at a separate entrance, and then may have a short wait of other Flash Pass users before being able to ride at most rides.  At some rides, there is a "merge point" before the station where the regular and Flash Pass users join together.

Where the pricing structure comes in to play is this:

1. Bronze level, your wait time will be roughly equal to the standby queue.
2. Gold level, your wait time will be roughly 40-50% of the standby queue.
3. Platinum level, your wait time will be roughly 10% of the standby queue.

Platinum also occasionally includes rides that are not offered on the Bronze/Gold levels.  At Great Adventure, the only Platinum-only ride is Jersey Devil (when it's running).

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

Six Flags' Flash Pass system works like this:

1. You get an electronic device (either a wristband, or it's being offered on your phone at some parks).
2. On the device, you choose which Flash Pass-enabled ride you want to go on next.
3. The device then waits a specified time, and tells you to the ride.  This is where the levels vary, explained below.
4. Once at the ride, you are scanned in at a separate entrance, and then may have a short wait of other Flash Pass users before being able to ride at most rides.  At some rides, there is a "merge point" before the station where the regular and Flash Pass users join together.

Where the pricing structure comes in to play is this:

1. Bronze level, your wait time will be roughly equal to the standby queue.
2. Gold level, your wait time will be roughly 40-50% of the standby queue.
3. Platinum level, your wait time will be roughly 10% of the standby queue.

Platinum also occasionally includes rides that are not offered on the Bronze/Gold levels.  At Great Adventure, the only Platinum-only ride is Jersey Devil (when it's running).

On a Wednesday, which would you recommend? I haven't been to GA since Tidal Wave was a thing! LOL

10 minutes ago, Carrie said:

On a Wednesday, which would you recommend? I haven't been to GA since Tidal Wave was a thing! LOL

And I guess nevermind because it seems ALL are now gone for the entire week :( ....up until Saturday. 

30 minutes ago, Carrie said:

And I guess nevermind because it seems ALL are now gone for the entire week :( ....up until Saturday. 

Maybe you jammed up the system, because I'm able to buy every level for Wednesday the 11th and the rest of this coming week.

Anyway, I recommend at least the Gold level...Bronze never made much sense to me.  If Jersey Devil isn't running, or if you go there right at opening if it is, Platinum is probably not worth it.

Does anyone with a Six Flags Membership know how to actually get the discounted flash pass?  I have a diamond elite vip membership; the membership benefits sign-up page still lists discounts on flash pass for all membership levels.  Once I'm in the membership portal though there's no actual mention of it, and nowhere that I can find to make additional purchases.  I can buy through the app but it doesn't apply any sort of discount at all.

Hoping there's a way to do it ahead of time without having to get to the park, since last weekend Great America had apparently sold out ahead of time; I don't know if that's going to be the case this coming weekend at Great Adventure but I'd rather not risk it.

Edited by Rai Fox
Edited because I can tell the parks apart...

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this, I never go in October when it gets super crowded anyway but this is probably for the best and at least saves people the hassle of being turned away. I've never found it to be super crowded in September though but still saves people and the park any hassles... 

Screenshot_20210826-133554_Facebook.jpg.d2fcada779b376c0207ea4b57c17d27b.jpg

On Thursday I visited for the first time in a month and saw that they more than doubled the size of the preferred parking area.  Anyone have any insight if this is permanent or just done an anticipation of Fright Fest?  Doing it for Fright Fest makes sense since Preferred Parking can fillup during Fright Fest.  Implementing it year round only makes it appear to be a money grab, unless the push for memberships is also going to include an increase in "free" or incentived preferred parking. 

So last I heard (BUT this was not from the forums so I'm less inclined to believe people) Jersey Devil, Nitro and something else maybe were all having issues. True? I got a week off so I wanna hit up Great Adventure but if a bunch of rides are running spotty (on top of El Toro being down) my try American Dream instead. 

1 minute ago, JJLehto said:

So last I heard (BUT this was not from the forums so I'm less inclined to believe people) Jersey Devil, Nitro and something else maybe were all having issues. True? I got a week off so I wanna hit up Great Adventure but if a bunch of rides are running spotty (on top of El Toro being down) my try American Dream instead. 

Nitro and all of the other coasters were running yesterday according to the app/queue-times.com.  Jersey Devil and El Toro are still down; JDC has yet to reopen from the RMC-ordered shutdown, and we all know what's going on with El Toro.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jason Maier said:

I take it no further updates on El Toro?

Nope.  It's in the state's hands as far as I'm aware, and we all know how efficient governments are.

I have seen a few instagram posts and in one of them there was a large crane on site behind the lift on the drop side. Have any of you NJ locals been to the park and taken any photos/seen any progress on track replacement work or anything? I'd honestly love to see it if there has been.