TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, CedarFlags said:

Patrick Wilson in a fitted white tee + RMC.... 🤤   This content was made specifically for me and I would like to thank SFGAdv very much.

Heat Wave Omg GIF by Joey Graceffa

tumblr_c80a38ffa05551b113a91dc52a76c936_4d9f1ea0_1280.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This was in my spam folder but anyone get an email about a $13 voucher for some class action lawsuit? It seems too odd and specific not to be legit... 

"You previously received notice that Six Flags' records indicated that you visited a Six Flags theme park or waterpark in the United States during the period October 14, 2016 through September 28, 2017, you may have used a credit and/or debit card to make a purchase during your visit, and therefore you may be entitled to a $13 voucher that can be used the same as cash at any Covered Park for a period of two years after the date of issuance. On June 18, 2021, the class action settlement that includes the $13 voucher was approved. To redeem your voucher(s), please click on the below link(s):"

5 minutes ago, njcoasterguy34 said:

I got that email, too.  However, for only $13, I don't think it's worth following up on.

Didn't seem like there was anything else to follow up on, there's a link to the voucher and it takes you to a six flags portal and you just select your park. 

6 minutes ago, boldikus said:

LOL paging @coasterbill

Lol did I miss this being talked about here already? 

Here's apparently why for anyone interested...

"The class action settlement was the result of lawsuits claiming that Six Flags Entertainment Corp., Great America LLC, d/b/a Six Flags Great America and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, Magic Mountain LLC, and Six Flags Great Adventure, LLC (collectively "Defendants") violated the federal Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act ("FACTA") by printing more than the last five digits of credit and debit card numbers or by failing to mask the expiration date on customers' credit and debit card receipts provided to guests at Covered Parks during some or all of the period from October 14, 2016 through September 28, 2017. A list of the Covered Parks and the date range applicable to each Covered Park can be found at the Settlement Website: www.themeparkFACTAsettlement.com. Defendants deny the claims or that any harm can be caused due to six additional digits or an expiration date being printed on a card receipt. Nonetheless, Defendants and the Settlement Class Representatives have agreed to settle the dispute to avoid the uncertainty and costs of further litigation and a trial. You may obtain more complete information by visiting www.themeparkFACTAsettlement.com, or by calling the Claims Administrator at 1-833-305-3916."

13 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

No, I don't think I've mentioned it here but I can absolutely confirm that this is legitimate. Enjoy your voucher.

LOL You're not gonna tell them how much money you made off that shit?

• Haha 1

🤣 I wasn't going to gloat to people who only got a $13 voucher but yeah, when they said that they would compensate you a decent amount for every charge between certain dates on credit cards I knew I would have a ton, spent about an hour looking through statements and got a $200 direct deposit from them the other day. It's quite legit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Getting SF to direct deposit you $200 (that you're just going to give back to them in exchange for more beer) is absolutely something you gloat about on TPR.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

🤣 I wasn't going to gloat to people who only got a $13 voucher but yeah, when they said that they would compensate you a decent amount for every charge between certain dates on credit cards I knew I would have a ton, spent about an hour looking through statements and got a $200 direct deposit from them the other day. It's quite legit.

Lol that's great, I never saw the original email, probably was in my spam folder and eventually deleted but for that period I probably only went 2-3x looking at the dates so I wouldn't have gotten too much more.

I hadn't posted about this before but I will say I tried to work with Six Flags last year on getting our money back for our food season passes that we had never used for 2020 and knew we weren't gonna use cause we could no longer go to the park.

Told them I was gonna keep paying our monthly passes to support them even though we knew we couldn't go the rest of 2020 and wasn't sure about 2021(we still haven't been) that I'd at least greatly appreciate it if they could refund the food season passes. Emailed them back and forth a few times and they basically told me tough shit all we can offer is a rollover to 21 so I did a charge back with my credit card company and got the money back for the food passes. 

First time I've ever done anything like that but I thought I was being more than fair to meet them halfway. 

Anybody heard any updates on Toro? Was planning on getting back to the park for the first time in 5+ years this summer, definitely hoping there's some good news but sort of expecting it'll be down for the rest of the year.

I can't imagine Toro is reopening this season. 

Not sure if his info is accurate but my brother says Nitro is down? Also Jersey Devil has been having issues? Was gunna go today but he shelved it, which is fine tix good for another time and may rain a bit later so I'm fine going another time but yikes what a bad stretch of luck for Great Adventure

21 hours ago, King of Ka said:

Anybody heard any updates on Toro? Was planning on getting back to the park for the first time in 5+ years this summer, definitely hoping there's some good news but sort of expecting it'll be down for the rest of the year.

Haven't  heard  anything.  But id be stunned  if its not re-opened by fright fest.   

The park is actively working on it. People are posting photos of them all the time re-tracking different sections of the ride. There’s no official update but it should be open in a reasonable amount of time. This isn’t Hersheypark. 😉 

If there are any satellite image nerds out there like me, Google Maps updated the aerials for Great Adventure. Looks to be like early spring 2021 - park is open, JDC is complete, but the landscaping isn't touched yet.

EDIT: Also interesting to see just how big the Adventure Crossing complex is truly going to be based off of the full clearing size. I know some construction has also started since these images were taken. Definitely going to be a significant change for the area, a much different dynamic from when I lived just down the road from the place.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, coasterbill said:

The park is actively working on it. People are posting photos of them all the time re-tracking different sections of the ride. There’s no official update but it should be open in a reasonable amount of time. This isn’t Hersheypark. 😉 

I haven't seen anything but I'd love to see the photos of re-tracking.

There was no visible activity on El Toro when we were in the park the last two days.

Also, I got my first two rides on Jersey Devil. And since I am a northeasterner, my first ride on a raptor too. I was really disappointed with my first ride. It just felt really cheap with the hard plastic seats, clanky lift hill, and surprisingly present rattle (completely inoffensive and harmless rattle, just added to the cheap feel). It also didn't seem to do a whole lot on a high level and its ridiculous definition of "loose articles" was frustrating too. But then I thankfully grabbed a second ride and wow, I loved it. Funny the difference what was probably only a few MPH can make on a ride. The elements just hit a lot harder all around and it quickly became my third favorite ride at the park, behind El Toro and Nitro, shooting past Kingda Ka even though I got my best ride ever on Ka while at the park too. I was also in the second seat from the front instead of the second seat in the back, so it could also just be a front of the train ride, but I don't think that was it. I think it just warmed up later in the day, or maybe I just made peace with the stuff I didn't like and was able to enjoy the layout the second time.