TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, Zand said:

Jersey Devil has been open all morning accoring to Queue Times.

Now I know how you all feel when Lightning Rod is closed!

Oh well, try again in a few weeks.

I went from 10 to noon today.  Got 16 rides in on JDC.   Park was dead while i was there

• Like 2

Drive back was a success! Left home at about 9:30, couple rest stops and surprisingly light traffic later I pulled in at 1:15. Already 3 rides in on Jersey Devil! First couple were in the middle of the train, which wasn't all that powerful but definitely super fun. 3rd ride was the magical back seat, and wow! Insane ejector air on the first drop and a couple other spots, and it takes some of the twists faster back there also. 

I definitely think it's a step above a lower tier RMC like Wicked Cyclone. Makes me more interested in trying Wonder Woman or Railblazer, can't imagine how intense those are! Definitely a home run for the park. Very efficient with loading, line never stops moving. Only a 10 minute wait today, definitely going back for more laps later!

Park isn't too crowded so hitting stuff on this side of the park for a bit. Line for Nitro wasn't even long enough to write this post. Excellent ride in back as usual!

IMG_20210615_142821_855.thumb.jpg.3bda303d19c39c481fe4dfef8881af4e.jpg

IMG_20210615_142821_861.thumb.jpg.8c5b377adc6d19c99bac62032a2c5b89.jpg

0615211445.thumb.jpg.33536875a1b638ff86a5cfbc09dcf1ff.jpg

Edit to include thoughts from the rest of the day:

Hit Batman which would've been a quick line but broke down for 15 minutes. Great ride as always. While I still contend that Banshee is the B&M invert masterpiece, I love the Batmans for sheer intensity reasons. Really need to try Montu!

Had a couple beers at the Skybar, which was a bit of an ordeal as there were probably 20 people there trying to get free water or drink bottle refills. Nice spot once you get your drinks.

Hit the other side of the park real quick. Mine Train was a walk on and was quirky as always. That last hill is the best airtime on a steel coaster in the park.

Hit Bizarro after a 10 minute wait. Not sure if it's the age, but this ride gets more meh to me the more I ride it. I think I have a vendetta against floorless coasters that aren't or haven't once been themed to Batman. 

Caught El Toro reopening from a breakdown so hit that in the magic seat. Actually got a bit of a battle wound...my stomach (ok...my gut) got pinched between the seatbelt and lapbar and really got squeezed on the first hill and looks like it got pierced now. Was bleeding at the end of the ride. Worth it though!

Superman was posting a ridiculous queue time of 70 mins, I don't usually bother with Green Lantern, and I got a few rides on TTD 2 weeks ago which is far superior to Kingda Ka, so I was good with that side of the park and headed back to the other side. Jumped on Skull Mountain in back, fun as always. Wrapped up the day with 2 more back row rides on Devil. Was by myself today, so they called out for a single to fill the back row. Then when I got back they once again needed a single for the back row, but no one stepped up so they told me I could hop back on lol. 

If Jersey Devil is on the HITP list, it will be an unbelievable lineup. Honestly would have no reason to go to the other side of the fountain (except to go get Pork Kabobs). Fun day, worth the 8 hour round trip for the 2nd time in 3 days. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DILinator said:

I get that they're going with a devil/hell theme, but would it have killed them to put some covering over those switchbacks to keep the blistering heat off what should often be a long line of poor souls??? 

Majority of the line is under a nice looking pavilion (not pictured). All you see in my picture is the line to and from the pavilion (which is very brief in both directions) and the Flash Pass path.

• Like 1

There are also signs trying to relate the Jersey Devil legend to the coaster bordering the hut-covered queue, and possibly all the way up to the station.

5 hours ago, DILinator said:

I get that they're going with a devil/hell theme, but would it have killed them to put some covering over those switchbacks to keep the blistering heat off what should often be a long line of poor souls??? 

They should have added some effects,   like a tumnel, some smoke and fire.   They  really missed out on that

6 hours ago, DILinator said:

^That's great to hear! Every picture I've seen just shows that open area, and I'm thinking to myself what a wonderfully awful bit of added theming to the ride it is! 

Don’t think I have a great shot but there are two of these open air structures in the queue for shade. The entire area looks really good. 

BCE3F964-8CF1-41EE-9666-4806982E2609.jpeg

6F6320EA-2213-49D7-966F-E4E730C2A81A.jpeg

At the park on this gorgeous Wednesday aaannnddd JD has no activity whatsoever, no tests, all is quiet. But hey, at least their unreliable stratacoaster and river rapids are running, so points for that?

Yeah I knew going in that it was a possibility, and it's nothing that hasn't already been known as they're working on the top of the lift. 

My favorite moment so far today was the reaction of riders on Ka when they realize now that they don't have to wait for Zumanjaro, it's an "oh $#!+ We're going right away" and as others have stated it has immensely improved the cycle time. 

20210616_115737.jpg

So I could only be at the park until 3 due to evening commitments and they opened Jersey Devil at... Of course, 3. So being the good boyfriend I am I decided to hold off this trip and... Oh, who am I kidding, of course I had to stay and get at least one ride in, plans be damned!

I won't go into detail because I don't think I'd be adding anything that hasn't already been said, but yes it is worth the hype. Don't listen to anyone who negatively overreacts because it "isn't the best RMC", or Raptor for that matter. Because if you come from a park that doesn't have an RMC, you would want this ride at your park, and wouldn't be nit-picking.  My one word of advice (and I apologize if it's already been mentioned) is to remember it has the same loose article policy as El Toro and Kingda Ka, but the lockers are quite separated from the entrance, they're back next to the funnel cake stand. Quite a few riders got turned away after waiting in line not realizing this. 

Photos below of test runs, apologies for the sun glare. This is a ride best photographed in the morning for sun angles, but didn't have that luxury today. Also one of the early tests stalled entering the MCBR (pic attached), and barely made the inversions.

On a side note, there was a security guard turning people away today from Nitro's entrance if they had loose articles, a-la El Toro style. This is my first time seeing this, and some guests were argumentative (presumably because they know this is a ride that doesn't usually do that). Anyone else know if they've done this before from time to time? My thinking is maybe they had an issue with an on-board rider taking out a phone previously today, but who knows.

20210616_142538.jpg

20210616_142729.jpg

20210616_143744.jpg

20210616_142944.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, wildcattb5 said:

So I could only be at the park until 3 due to evening commitments and they opened Jersey Devil at... Of course, 3. So being the good boyfriend I am I decided to hold off this trip and... Oh, who am I kidding, of course I had to stay and get at least one ride in, plans be damned!

I won't go into detail because I don't think I'd be adding anything that hasn't already been said, but yes it is worth the hype. Don't listen to anyone who negatively overreacts because it "isn't the best RMC", or Raptor for that matter. Because if you come from a park that doesn't have an RMC, you would want this ride at your park, and wouldn't be nit-picking.  My one word of advice (and I apologize if it's already been mentioned) is to remember it has the same loose article policy as El Toro and Kingda Ka, but the lockers are quite separated from the entrance, they're back next to the funnel cake stand. Quite a few riders got turned away after waiting in line not realizing this. 

Photos below of test runs, apologies for the sun glare. This is a ride best photographed in the morning for sun angles, but didn't have that luxury today. Also one of the early tests stalled entering the MCBR (pic attached), and barely made the inversions.

On a side note, there was a security guard turning people away today from Nitro's entrance if they had loose articles, a-la El Toro style. This is my first time seeing this, and some guests were argumentative (presumably because they know this is a ride that doesn't usually do that). Anyone else know if they've done this before from time to time? My thinking is maybe they had an issue with an on-board rider taking out a phone previously today, but who knows.

20210616_142538.jpg

20210616_142729.jpg

20210616_143744.jpg

20210616_142944.jpg

Buy a runners belt. Its great for hiding loose articles.   The enployees are looking  at bulging pockets.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wildcattb5 said:

20210616_142538.jpg

20210616_142729.jpg

20210616_143744.jpg

20210616_142944.jpg

One, superb photos! Two, glad to hear it's living up to the hype. Yeah we sure have become spoiled, "lesser RMCs" or "not as good as other raptors" still better than 80% of rides lol Thanks for the tips, depending on plans I will be going either tomm or Friday (finally) to ride this beast, and El Toro ❤️ 

16 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

One, superb photos! Two, glad to hear it's living up to the hype. Yeah we sure have become spoiled, "lesser RMCs" or "not as good as other raptors" still better than 80% of rides lol Thanks for the tips, depending on plans I will be going either tomm or Friday (finally) to ride this beast, and El Toro ❤️ 

I don't think "lesser RMC" is meant as a slight against the coaster, because there really isn't a bad RMC in the bunch. I've been on Steel Vengeance, Lightning Rod, Twisted Timbers, Wicked Cyclone, and this and I feel like out of those I would only put it above Wicked Cyclone. But all 5 of them are excellent coasters, so it's not a slight to consider it a "lesser RMC".

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zand said:

I don't think "lesser RMC" is meant as a slight against the coaster, because there really isn't a bad RMC in the bunch. I've been on Steel Vengeance, Lightning Rod, Twisted Timbers, Wicked Cyclone, and this and I feel like out of those I would only put it above Wicked Cyclone. But all 5 of them are excellent coasters, so it's not a slight to consider it a "lesser RMC".

Agreed and that is a sensible, logical thing to say but ya know, enthusiasts get a little....tooo enthusiastic sometimes lol At Dollywood I found one guy who was saying LRod is "OK" basically because it wasn't Steel Vengeance lol
But yeah I'm stoked. Also we can pile onto the meme of "Opened before Iron Gwazi" XD :(

Hoping to go to the park very soon. Middle of the week either next week or the following. How reliable has the Jersey Devil been in terms of being open? I plan on getting there when the park opens & heading right there. I do plan on getting Flash Pass as well. 

I don't want to alarm anyone but Six Flags is kind-of theming something.

I'm grading on a curve, but I am impressed.

201891309_333239238438835_1373525765007795536_n.jpg.c9b131435847a88a7b71d1c1337ed6b8.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sfgadvconnoisseurs

Also this should be set back from the path because if it's actually made out of wood, everyone is going to scratch their names into it in 5 seconds. At no point should this park forget that they have the worst guests ever...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3