TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

Early reports are very positive! Looks like another hit on our hands! Based on some vlog videos on Youtube, it looks like the park did a pretty killer job with the surrounding landscaping, too!

Im hearing best new ride of 2021.  

12 hours ago, boldikus said:

Funny cause all I'm seeing is whiny bitches crying about how its slow, forceless, no whip, no airtime, no themeing, crawls through the bunny hops, was broke all day long and is absolutely the weakest RMC built so far.

haha.gif.8b3d8ec1255b2af92149906b4761c618.gif

No reason  to attack people  for not liking a coaster  that you like.  People  can have different  opinions

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lightnin Loops said:

No reason  to attack people  for not liking a coaster  that you like.  People  can have different  opinions

But this is the internet, that's what ya do! If you don't OTT attack people for simply having a different opinion it's like you aren't validated in your own or something! What are people who struggle to tolerate other opinions/lacking confidence supposed to do then? Get a life!?!?

That said pretty funny that anyone would bash on the ride than later say oh well still better than 90% but typical enthusiast shit lmao I am more and more glad I stopped following the community and just experience things myself. Esp considering anyone posting their opinion on YT/online kinda has to ham it up to get attention etc 

I'm stoked for an RMC less than an hour away! Bc yeah even the weakest one, which somehow I doubt this is, indeed its better than most and this is the first good ride and unique ride this park has added in ages. Like how it used to be in the day. Tempted to go tomm but a Friday oof...nah may wait till next week to go on a Tuesday or something. 

1 hour ago, michaellynn4 said:

The weather is supposed to be a little spotty tomorrow with chance of showers around 30 after 11AM. It may be enough to keep a little bit of the crowds away.

Damn it dont you tempt me lol 

• Like 1

Alright, I'm late to the party for the traffic photo, but here goes.  I grew up ten miles east of the park and had a season pass nearly every year of my life up until I moved away.  Being a local I knew to avoid the park on weekends and holidays but even then I never heard about 537 getting that horrific.  They had some traffic concerns that were remedied, IIRC, back around the millennium and Premier's heyday.  537 used to be one lane both directions (I believe two lanes right by the entrance for like 100 yards) but they widened it to the three lanes, added the Wawa, Burger King, McDonalds, added those two U-turns, and it definitely helped smooth things along.  I've never seen gridlock on that road.  Not once.  I've gone into the entrance and been stuck on the overpass in traffic to get to the parking booth, but holy friggin crap, that's just obscene.  Who in their right mind would still willingly go to the park when they saw that at the entrance?!  That's a crystal clear sign that the day will be hell on earth.  Just turn around, get back on the highway, and go to the beach. It's fifteen miles away.

• Like 1

It gets like that sometimes, always has. I grew up right down the street from the park, just off of 537 in Millstone (2.2 miles to the entrance, just measured it), and worked at that McDonald's from 2000 to 2010. There were plenty of times when 537 was a parking lot like that and caused traffic to back up all throughout the surrounding side roads. made for many nightmare-level crazy shifts at the restaurant lol.

It's nothing new, too - anyone seen the photos from the Marshall Tucker Band concert back in 1981? It still holds the attendance record for the park. The park ran out of parking, and people just parked their cars on 537 and walked to the park. Here are a couple photos, you can find more at Great Adventure History:

GAH MAY81 30010 copy.jpg

GAH MAY81 30021 copy.jpg

GAH MAY81 30024 copy.jpg

SFGA0328A MAY81 (2) copy.jpg

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Lightnin Loops said:

12 hours ago, JJLehto said:

But this is the internet, that's what ya do! If you don't OTT attack people for simply having a different opinion it's like you aren't validated in your own or something! What are people who struggle to tolerate other opinions/lacking confidence supposed to do then? Get a life!?!?

Maybe if you both actually took the time to read and comprehend the post you'd understand it had nothing to do with differing opinions. I have no opinion of the ride as I haven't ridden it. It was a dig at people with unreasonable expectations who are negatively critiquing each every aspect of the ride after only a handful of laps when the thing literally just opened.

But yeah let's make it about me being intolerant.

OK.gif.962f739fd6be6751e414205eb446a497.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nice! Clearly staffing is not an issue going forward, its almost like they were right to go moderately out of the gate and see how things go instead of full speed and realize "oh shit". Six Flags should enjoy their moment in the sun while they can XD 

4 hours ago, coasterbill said:

The park quietly updated their summer hours a few days ago.

They've extended them! 9:00 closes most nights and 10:00 closes on Saturdays. Awesome to see!

Guess SF is truly serious in making sure they are doing the exact opposite of Cedar Fair this year. Still unbelievable how the tables have turned (well, for now at least)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Masquerade said:

Anyone who uses the term "pork roll" is not part of the Union.

I suppose you're one of those heathens who takes the time and syllables to say "taylor ham" like you're some kind of elitist with a better vocabulary, huh?

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 12:32 AM, JJLehto said:

That said pretty funny that anyone would bash on the ride than later say oh well still better than 90% but typical enthusiast shit lmao I am more and more glad I stopped following the community and just experience things myself. Esp considering anyone posting their opinion on YT/online kinda has to ham it up to get attention etc 

It's like that for pretty much anything though: news, restaurants, movies, political commentators etc. Is it obviously just trying to get clicks by having an extreme reaction? Move on. I always just find a couple of users or reviewers whose posts I generally agree with and see what they have to say.

• Like 1

Way less excited about riding Jersey Devil after getting a chance to ride Wonder Woman at SFFT... Judging by the POVs available on YouTube it appears to have the same restraints. I have never experienced “restraint complaint” until riding WW. Who decided super tight rubberized shoulder raping devices were the best option for these intense rides? I’d rather headbang than have it feel like rubber erasers are being feverishly rubbed against my shoulders the whole ride. Shame, WW was my most anticipated coaster and now I don’t even care about riding Jersey Devil when I visit. Shorter lines for me on everything else while people wait, I guess?

2 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

I suppose you're one of those heathens who takes the time and syllables to say "taylor ham" like you're some kind of elitist with a better vocabulary, huh?

I'm merely cognizant of my speech paradigm apropos in a delicatessen milieu, Roz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Garet said:

It's like that for pretty much anything though: news, restaurants, movies, political commentators etc. Is it obviously just trying to get clicks by having an extreme reaction? Move on. I always just find a couple of users or reviewers whose posts I generally agree with and see what they have to say.

Quite true, oof music is especially bad. 
And yeah same I like to take jabs but there are a few enthusiasts who's opinions I value mostly bc I think they're fair, well thought out, and in general...seem to align near mine over time so I've come to trust them. One of those have indeed said Jersey Devil is great, but not quite the same OMG WTF intensity and force of railblazer/wonder woman but they of course loved it. Which I think is fair, it's larger and less compact and visually doesn't whip around as much so that all seems sensible. And with RMC's it's like comparing gold to more gold anyway, more is nice but **** you still got gold. 

Still excited to ride it and stoked Great Adventure finally has a new + unique ride, and that an RMC is near me. I'll prob get a season pass bc of it. So mission accomplished SFGadv!

I was passing by the park today, so I took a ride on Jersey Devil during member previews. It was down for a bit, but once running they were loading trains quite quickly. There was no line to begin with, but had there been, I think it would have been tolerable. I only rode once, in seat eleven, and it was great! I'm looking forward to taking a few more laps in a couple of weeks. I think it will be a hit with most. I've only ridden one other RMC, Wicked Cyclone, which is high on my list of favorites. I wouldn't rate Jersey Devil as high based on today's ride, but it's a lot of fun and at moments quite forceful. It's a nice compliment to the lineup. 

• Like 1

Excited to finally get on this thing tomorrow! Are they letting you request seats or is it assigned and luck of the draw?

Very low expectations heading into the park tomorrow. Will go right to Devil at opening. If the park is a sh*tshow then that might be the only thing I ride. Not getting Flashpass, but if lines aren't too bad then obviously I'd like to hit the essentials like Nitro, Batman, and El Toro. At least if I quit early, I can stop at Connecticut's best park on the way home (Quassy!). After seeing the horror pictures from the last couple weekends I have no idea what to expect tomorrow.