TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

14 hours ago, boldikus said:

That new ad is now running on socials again but ends with "Coming Soon".

The call for the "commercial photo shoot" I posted a week or so ago, said early June. That's where they do their commercial filming. Opening must be after that. Hopefully in June.

Yeah I'm really thinking a June opening. Which hell, I will drag my ass to this hot af concrete slab of a park in late June or July if need be for it. (Granted I'll go multiple times)

Photos courtesy of Linda in the Great Adv Conn FB group. Apparently it was... a little crowded on Monday.

See: lines for Joker, Harley Quinn and Flash Pass.

ga1.thumb.jpg.b4523a460eeab4fa0ae7a6273d2f9cab.jpg

For those not in the area, it rained all day Saturday and Sunday, and while I don't think the park actually closed either day (shocker!), it was gorgeous Monday and seems everybody was up for a grated venture. Line for the Skyway:

ga2.thumb.jpg.f1df4755c0149b682c0f8c3502bca6d7.jpg

Bizarro never, ever, ever gets lines like this outside of Fright Fest or freakishly perfect summer weekends.

ga3.thumb.jpg.92ba748dccf25874354ea60e83a5e192.jpg

Yeesh. Makes sense considering the weather we had here on Saturday and Sunday (it was 47 degrees at one point by me on Saturday evening). Everyone wanted to take advantage of the one good weather day we had.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:11 PM, boldikus said:

Photos courtesy of Linda in the Great Adv Conn FB group. Apparently it was... a little crowded on Monday.

See: lines for Joker, Harley Quinn and Flash Pass.

ga1.thumb.jpg.b4523a460eeab4fa0ae7a6273d2f9cab.jpg

For those not in the area, it rained all day Saturday and Sunday, and while I don't think the park actually closed either day (shocker!), it was gorgeous Monday and seems everybody was up for a grated venture. Line for the Skyway:

ga2.thumb.jpg.f1df4755c0149b682c0f8c3502bca6d7.jpg

Bizarro never, ever, ever gets lines like this outside of Fright Fest or freakishly perfect summer weekends.

ga3.thumb.jpg.92ba748dccf25874354ea60e83a5e192.jpg

I came from California to visit on Saturday and Sunday. It was actually closed on Saturday. I had to change my plans and go to American Dream, but I went on Sunday and it was completely empty. Got on everything besides Kingda Ka. Only had to get off Toro when they cleaned it. I stayed for about 4.5 hours. 

2 minutes ago, boldikus said:

6447.thumb.jpg.9829c1bafa853b1b6836cb2f2b0f79cf.jpg

LOL everyone misses the little ramp from 537 eastbound into the park.  They've been doing it since the 90s.  At least back then people had the courtesy to go down to the light at the McDonalds and WaWa and do a proper U-turn rather than do...that.

^ Apparently, for some unknown reason, the park had closed the other entrance so instead of trying to u-turn down at the Mickey Dee's, people started doing that. This is all hearsay, I was not there.

Unrelated, but sure to cause more traffic jams:

37008.thumb.jpg.d53e1dc4d315dd71a418ccc439e1460f.jpg

I think this entire coaster was built from the ground up in the time that Iron Gwazi has been SBNO LOL.

• Haha 2

I am ready! 
Not for the traffic, oven that is this park, and all the unpleasantness that comes w it BUT tis the price of SFGAdv and well....I wanna ride this thing. My brother has the membership he said he can bring me for free so I reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaalllly hope he's off from work one of these days so I can go asap and not on Sunday lol but yeah great news and hoping this ride will be a bigger version of the single rails and not a less intense version :(

LOL yeah....Sea World had 3 coasters testing, I believe w people at least in some cases, before this thing was done and it somehow opened first ha

Does anyone know if Jersey Devil will be on Flashpass (even if it's a one time reservation type thing)? Or if not can you use your Platinum skip the line pass? Staying near the park Sat Night so I can be there at opening and get one ride first thing, just trying to figure out if multiple rides is a feasible idea. If not, hopefully at least the crowds get pulled away from El Toro anyway.

Early reports are very positive! Looks like another hit on our hands! Based on some vlog videos on Youtube, it looks like the park did a pretty killer job with the surrounding landscaping, too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

Early reports are very positive!

Funny cause all I'm seeing is whiny bitches crying about how its slow, forceless, no whip, no airtime, no themeing, crawls through the bunny hops, was broke all day long and is absolutely the weakest RMC built so far.

haha.gif.8b3d8ec1255b2af92149906b4761c618.gif

• Haha 1

^^ Wow say what you really feel.

I mean I saw one scathing review, but I saw about four vlogs that were really great!

Generally, from these early reviews, it sounds like this ride will be a lot more popular for the general public. I mean yes, I'm sure we all would've loved an ultra-intense coaster like Wonder Woman and Railblazer, but as we saw with both Stunt Pilot and now this, it looks like RMC has made changes in the design of the raptors to make them more enjoyable for a wider audience. 

10 hours ago, boldikus said:

Funny cause all I'm seeing is whiny bitches crying about how its slow, forceless, no whip, no airtime, no themeing, crawls through the bunny hops, was broke all day long and is absolutely the weakest RMC built so far.

I can't remember which Youtube vlog I was watching yesterday, but the guy was completely dogging on it, absolutely mercilessly, and at the end of his review he says something to the effect of "well, even the worst RMC is still better than 90% of the rest of the coasters out there".

So horrible, and yet still in the top 10% of coasters he's been on. Is that what the kids are calling cognitive dissonance?

FWIW, it's not my favorite RMC by a long shot, but it's still a fun as hell ride, and one I'm glad that the park finally has. Oh, and my opinion is null and void because according to my daughter it's the new best ride in the park so what the hell does an old boomer like me know anyway. 🤣