TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Awesome, that's good to know about the park's layout and the lockers.  Much appreciated.

I'm thinking Flash Pass during Friday's regular hours won't be needed, since I'll have 4 skip the line passes plus 10 hours worth of Power Hours on Thursday and Friday.  Since it's my first visit, I was thinking of spending the regular hours on Friday casually exploring and getting to know the park a bit rather than riding as much as possible.  

Sounds good, just ride Kingda Ka immediately if you see it running. Otherwise yeah, there's no need for much strategy with two power hour events.

If you want to ride Wonder Woman, rope drop it. Don't even bother with a skip-the-line pass, you'll still wait an hour. Also, pick up your line skips early as that line can become infuriatingly long.

This is how Great Adventure staff decides each morning where they should make people go to pick up their skip the line passes each day.

wheel GIF

We've had DE passes for a year now, in that time they've sent us

- To the left side of the Flash pass Building

- In the front door of the Flash pass building

- To the right side of the Flash Pass building

- To the stand next to Sky Screamer

- To the stand where the mirror maze is

- To a pop-up stand next to Santa's House

- To a giant building in the grove nowhere near anything behind the theater that they never use

The last two times they've sent us to the Flash pass building which means it's due for a change. I think the abandoned photo booth near Bizarro would be a fun way to spice things up next.

• Haha 3

Can confirm two things recently posted in this thread: 

1. Park has received clearance from the state to operate Kingda Ka and Zuminajro at the same time after some modifications to both attractions. Unclear when this will actually start but could be as early as this weekend.

2. Park is still targeting opening Jersey Devil within the next two weeks, hopefully by Memorial Day Weekend. 

5 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

They should probably put the other two trains on the track and test it first... lol

Note the one train already with water dummies. :) 

It’s a crazy ambitious time frame for sure, but don’t be surprised if you see trains running the course next week. That’s the plan at least. 

10 minutes ago, AngusW said:

Note the one train already with water dummies. :) 

It’s a crazy ambitious time frame for sure, but don’t be surprised if you see trains running the course next week. That’s the plan at least. 

Doesn't seem that crazy. The other raptor just started testing this week and will be open by Memorial Day.

• Like 1

If they open this ride in two weeks it will be an absolute shitshow and probably won't have all of it's trains running since only 2 of them are even on the track. I would be shocked if they do that, though they are Six Flags and probably don't care about any of those things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

If they open this ride in two weeks it will be an absolute shitshow and probably won't have all of it's trains running since only 2 of them are even on the track. I would be shocked if they do that, though they are Six Flags and probably don't care about any of those things.

Operations will most likely be a major challenge at first given the need to train team members on a moving platform. Park will not open the ride to public without all four trains, unless one of them has major issues. 

Also, be on look out for dinosaurs this weekend. Not open yet but from what I hear should be visible behind Safari station now. 

Bill, get on the Six Flags train now while you can. Opening parks, running hypers year round, getting Zumj and Ka running together, Jersey Devil by Memorial day. This is a new company.  Lol. Maybe. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, tndank said:

Bill, get on the Six Flags train now while you can. Opening parks, running hypers year round, getting Zumj and Ka running together, Jersey Devil by Memorial day. This is a new company.  Lol. Maybe. 

Oh, don’t get me wrong. He has every right to be skeptical given their track record. I will say though, there’s definitely a new culture inside the company post pandemic. You’ll see it throughout this year and next 

I love what this company has done lately but 2 of the trains aren't even on the track, I don't believe it's ever completed a single test run (and if it has, at least 2 of the trains have never cycled) and Memorial Day weekend is in 2 weeks.