TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

They normally park trains there.  Don't read anything into it.  As Bill said, Ka will never launch a train with passengers while Zu's cars are anywhere other than the station.

• Like 1

Kingda Ka parks trains over there constantly. They also use it when they run 3 trains so that when the ride breaks every 2 cycles they can take any trains that had been dispatched but haven't launched yet and roll them backwards into the other station to unload them while they fix it so they can load 2 more trains and then break it again. They use the switch track all the time, just not during normal operation (though I would argue that the ride breaking is basically "normal operation").

If Golden Kingdom wasn't even open then I feel like it was closed for budget or staffing which is honestly kind of crap since it's an upcharge coaster event and that's your tallest and fastest coaster but it's also $5 so I mean... lol. If it doesn't open today then nevermind.

38 minutes ago, wildcattb5 said:

The SFGAdv FB page is doing some teasing....Screenshot_20210507-172726_Facebook.thumb.jpg.0f4c73c26d15d873891054f67e7b56c4.jpg

8 minutes ago, michaellynn4 said:

Note the "tail". Pretty sure they're gonna announce when we can expect Jersey Devil to open on 5/18.

Park has already confirmed that this is not Jersey Devil related. Animatronic Dinosaur walkthrough. Same one that was previously done in New England 

5 minutes ago, AngusW said:

Park has already confirmed that this is not Jersey Devil related. Animatronic Dinosaur walkthrough. Same one that was previously done in New England 

Ugh, somehow I missed that SFNE was doing that. 

15 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

Ugh, somehow I missed that SFNE was doing that. 

Great Adventure’s will be much better though. Much better area selected will add to theming of experience and make for better photo ops

I guess, it just is something that doesn't interest me, and I'm surprised there'd actually be some demand for that. Was Dino Alive for Cedar Fair ever that well received?

Yes they were their first year, at pretty much every park. There was a reason they were rolled out to the whole chain, they made money. The trouble was with getting repeat customers. After that first year, attendance would go off a cliff.

Maybe the shorter version Six Flags is sending around is the better way to go, then. Maybe the fact that Dino Alive turned into a running joke among coaster nerds about how much space they were taking up from "MOER COASTARRRS!" is clouding my judgment a bit.

Great Adventure’s Dino Drive-Thru/walkthrough is shaping up to be better than a lot of the other parks. Same Dino’s but will be more of a “safari/Jurassic park” type of feel.. not in the parking lot like Fiesta Texas 

Might get overshadowed by Jersey Devil though.. will likely open very soon (if not same time) as Dino’s 

Depends what time you get there.  If you're there right around opening, you'll be able to park close enough that it's not worth it.  If you're coming at 3-4 in the afternoon, yeah you'd want it.

• Like 1

I have a Diamond Elite membership and this is my home park. I've never once bothered. Many times the line for it is so long that I wouldn't want to park there even if I could. Even if that's not the case, it's so unnecessary.

• Like 1

Cool, good to know, guys.  I'll be a first time visitor; any other basic tips I should be aware of before going?  Keep in mind that this would be advice for someone who completely missed the Flash Pass entrance for Iron Rattler and made it all the way up the crowded ramps before realizing his mistake... so anything and everything is helpful.

Thanks in advance.  

- Like any other big SF park, if you're going on a weekend or really nice day that would make it busy, allow enough time to enter the park. Fortunately the new touchless security process is a massive improvement over the previous lines.

- If you see Kingda Ka operating and want to ride it, make it a priority and head straight there, as it can (and will) break down and may not reopen when it does.

- The Golden Kingdom is tricky to find for first-time visitors: the entrance is to the right of Twister (the top spin)

- Kingda Ka's queue entrance can also be tricky, it's to the right and behind of its locker area.

- When planning out your day, your best/signature attractions are on opposite ends of the park (Kingda Ka/Zumanjaro/El Toro/Bizarro to the north, Nitro/Batman/WW/soon Jersey Devil to the south). While I don't mind the walk, some might find it exhausting; if open, the Skyway is your best friend to get from one side to the other as well as for photo ops.

- Do be sure to stop by the lagoon near the log flume to take in that famous view of El Toro with Kingda Ka towering above it. It is truly one of the best photo vantage points one will find at any amusement park.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dankeykang said:

Cool, good to know, guys.  I'll be a first time visitor; any other basic tips I should be aware of before going?  Keep in mind that this would be advice for someone who completely missed the Flash Pass entrance for Iron Rattler and made it all the way up the crowded ramps before realizing his mistake... so anything and everything is helpful.

Thanks in advance.  

Will you have Flash Pass or are you just using DE vouchers?

43 minutes ago, dankeykang said:

Thanks in advance.  

Really just one thing: Get the all day locker rental. You have to have a locker for El Toro and Kingda Ka (they have people standing in front of the queue turning away anyone with anything in their pockets). You didn't come all this way not to ride two badass Intamins, so do yourself a favour and just go for the all day option. When I went it was $8 (no idea if that's changed) and you can transfer between like a dozen different locker locations throughout the park. And they're big. Big enough to put my stuff and Coasterbill's and his girlfriend's stuff all in the same one. Oh, and you can totally have your phone with you if you've got a zipper pocket on everything but KK and Toro.

• Like 2