TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

12 hours ago, boldikus said:

^ Hope your plan is to go next week then because they're not open on April weekdays otherwise...

Indeed, but if Toro isn't running by then no biggie, that's what May is for :)

@Coasternut lol well that's a tad silly, while (at least as of years ago when I last went) it wasn't the best park out there it certainly isnt dangerous. And pffft I grew up in NJ and have much experience with New Yorkers and Phillies lol Besides if they rattle you just gotta roll with it. Can guaranatee you from life experience the more intense and wannabe tough dude they are the more of a sad joke they are. Will get in your face and make a scene but 80% chance the biggest wimp at home XD 

But yeah it was easy to ignore living like 45 mins away. After being 1000 miles away for years I have an urge to go again. 

On 3/29/2021 at 1:58 PM, coasterbill said:

If you didn't pause your Diamond Elite membership they upgraded you to a new tier called Diamond Elite VIP where you get four. I don't believe it's actually offered for sale though. Also: From my understanding this benefit is good forever.

Just circling back on this - would these additional benefits apply to people who purchased the membership after the pandemic began?  I didn't make my purchase until September of last year, and I can't recall seeing any emails or anything about it, but in the app it definitely says my membership is Diamond Elite VIP...

3 hours ago, boldikus said:

PSA: multiple people are reporting that El Toro has in fact opened for the season.

This is great news, thanks for sharing! Looks like I'll be making my first trip to the park on Friday.

4 hours ago, boldikus said:

PSA: multiple people are reporting that El Toro has in fact opened for the season.

Yes! And it is indeed open this upcoming week!

I've been feeling burnt out, think its time to take a day off from class (its all online and uploaded later anyway) and head to Great Adventure. It has been 6 or 7 years. I'm kind of excited. I know I crap on the park a lot but still was my home park :) And it'll be great to ride El Toro again. 

Edit: oh mid 60s as well. Perfect

FYI in case anyone was wondering season passes from parks other than SFGADV will not work for the safari. Our $50 SFA passes were a no go and they wanted to change $50 for the both of us to drive through. No thank you. Memberships will work fine.

Doesn't really make sense considering it's normally included with admission with the trucks, but whatever...

PS: El Toro is still awesome.

What have crowds been like recently? I see its open this week for "spring break" which has me nervous. If its not been that bad on weekends recently I may just cave and go on a weekend sometime soon instead. 

What have crowds been like recently? I see its open this week for "spring break" which has me nervous. If its not been that bad on weekends recently I may just cave and go on a weekend sometime soon instead. 
From 10-11:30 the ride lines in the back of the park were non existent today in the morning but it picked up pretty quickly after that. Toro (which opened up late today) had no line when I went a little later on, and Ka was a "walk on and wait" because they had 3 trains going but they were waiting to fill trains up and allowing re-riding. We requested the front but since they needed to fill the vehicles they wouldn't let us wait. We did second row and last row. Damn it's shakey and hurts the front of my shoulders even with my arms down (well.. holding on to my mask) -- 2 rides was enough despite the fact we could have stayed riding over and over.

Superman surprisingly had no wait at 12.

You can always look at queue times to get an idea of crowds.

https://queue-times.com/parks/37/queue_times

One other random thing, at the gate they were handing out cards to fill out a survey online. For participating you get a barcode coupon on your phone for $5.00 off just about anything in the park. It literally took about 90 seconds. It was strictly demographic questions.

Did you get the pass activated at SFA earlier this year?

I activated it at SFA yesterday.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

From 10-11:30 the ride lines in the back of the park were non existent today in the morning but it picked up pretty quickly after that. Toro (which opened up late today) had no line when I went a little later on, and Ka was a "walk on and wait" because they had 3 trains going but they were waiting to fill trains up and allowing re-riding. We requested the front but since they needed to fill the vehicles they wouldn't let us wait. We did second row and last row. Damn it's shakey and hurts the front of my shoulders even with my arms down (well.. holding on to my mask) -- 2 rides was enough despite the fact we could have stayed riding over and over.

Superman surprisingly had no wait at 12.

You can always look at queue times to get an idea of crowds.

https://queue-times.com/parks/37/queue_times

Interesting! Hmmmm still not sure if I should risk spring break week or not. Or even getting a season pass. I'll be back in NJ this June so could certainly go enough times to justify it. And ya know.....IF Jersey Devil opens this year lol

LOL $5 EXTRA for Season Pass or Membership holders, to only ride the coasters and probably even more limited food options than normal.  Wonder how they explain that one.

I guess you're right, but I tend to think those are BS too.  Not sure if this is the same thing, since these are occurring on days the park would normally be closed (Thursdays, 2 Fridays) or are closing stupidly early at 5PM (Fridays).  Rather than just add them as operating days to the calendar, giving the SP/Membership more value, they're choosing to run it as a "limited" event with an upcharge.

And I shouldn't be surprised, this the Six Flags that charges extra for Halloween walk-throughs.

It's cheap, that's for sure. They have days when they can't get enough staff to open. So, they decide to just use the coasters AND charge people to come. Brilliant, I guess. 

I'd still go. 

Magic Kingdom routinely closes stupid-early to do hard-ticket events. If you don't like that then okay... I get it, but in this case it's $5 and I just can't make myself worry about that (especially if the park is dead for this event which it probably will be).

Not gunna lie, $30 (since parking is free) and a limited # of people have basically 5 hours ERT on the coasters? 

I know this is funny from me of all but, seems good? I'll do it.

Like I can't find much to complain about (but its SF, I know it suddenly is cool to like them but eh I assume they have some way to make it bleh lol). Nor does the $5 seem like a big deal for pass holders. You already get all the normal benefits..... this new thing is happening and you can also partake for 1/6 the price of someone else. Again, seems pretty good to me?