TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Throwback Thursday! Drive-thru Safari is back!

[attachment=0]Screenshot_2020-05-14 Six Flags Great Adventure - Home.png[/attachment]

https://www.facebook.com/sixflagsgreatadventure

Alright now that Great Adventure is doing it.... ball's in your court Disney......

Open up Kilimanjaro Safaris for guests to drive through in their own car you cowards......

I'd wager to say that although it's unlikely, damage seems plausible with this.

This isn't something new however. It went so far as to become a sitcom gag (Simpsons Season 2 ---> Discount Lion Safari). I dunno how prevalent drive thru safari types of places were, but the concept was out there enough to establish itself in pop culture.

I feel like everyone in the New Jersey area has a childhood Action Park story and a Six Flags Safari monkey destroying their car story. Some of those stories are true and hilarious, some are total fish stories but it’s basically a requirement that you have them.

I feel like everyone in the New Jersey area has a childhood Action Park story and a Six Flags Safari monkey destroying their car story.

And Seaside Heights shenanigans. And Wildwood crackheads.

I waited until this evening and had no issues. I could have booked this weekend but choose next Sunday the 7th instead to let the park get used to operations and also to avoid the have to be there first crowd. Never did the drive-thru back in the day so we are really looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not surprised the Safari is still kick ass. It seems like a real shining star in the park. Until the end when they remind you of how awesome humans are by deforestation and killing off animal species one at a time... Those bastards talked me into buying the $5 donation pin. It's the only way you can buy back some of your good conscious, so hopefully they still sell that guilt over your car radio or something.

^Lol how much of that $5 pin actually went to conservation? Knowing how Six Flags charges $10 for a bottle of water, I wouldn't put it past them to take a massive cut. "Ohh it's conservation of OUR OWN animals, AKA we use that money to buy food to feed the safari animals" JK that actually sounds like a pretty nice gesture to do

• 2 weeks later...

^ Moreys has been on a hiring spree, and most of their bars with outdoor seating have been open already. They'll no doubt announce full opening plans soon (though sounds like Adventure pier will not open at all this year).

If Great Adventure manages to run & enforce as well as what I've been hearing about ops down at Over Georgia, I'll be looking forward to a trip later this summer or in early Fall.

Also, if this means that the end of the Drive-Thru Safari is near, I would definitely encourage anyone who hasn't checked it out as of yet to try and make it before they close it off to personal vehicles once again. My family and I drove through a couple weekends back and it was absolutely awesome. Highly recommended.