TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't El Toro have vending machines in the queue line?

I vaguely remember the sign by the ride saying no phones or keys. Either way, my wallet is going in the locker since that vending machine isn't on the meal plan.

I wondered about that once too and a ride op told me that they don't actually care if you bring your wallet in line. Still, since I always get a locker anyway I always throw it in there. I don't know how El Toro or Kingda Ka ever sell ride photos since you have to remember the number, go to the locker and then come all the way back if you still decide that you want it that badly.

^ Could it just be a New Jersey thing?

Not only do these rides at Great Adventure not allow loose articles, but GaleForce, Nor'Easter, and the bigger rides at American Dream all have a similar policy.

I wondered about that once too and a ride op told me that they don't actually care if you bring your wallet in line. Still, since I always get a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo anyway I always throw it in there. I don't know how El Toro or Kingda Ka ever sell ride photos since you have to remember the number, go to the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo and then come all the way back if you still decide that you want it that badly.

I'd say you could remember the time as an alternative and get them on the way out, but then I remembered you don't have your phone and most people use that instead of a watch.

Not only do these rides at Great Adventure not allow loose articles, but GaleForce, Nor'Easter, and the bigger rides at American Dream all have a similar policy.

It's possible. NJ does have the greatest ratio of lawyers to residents in the US, after all.

Is this the first time they've explicitly stated on the map that the flume would run through October? I know its been running later the last few years but I feel like people were surprised it was?

^ Could it just be a New Jersey thing?

Yes, actually, it is. NJ has some of the strictest ride regulations in the country. On the contrary, PA, right next door, has some of the loosest.

From the park's Facebook page

Vertical construction has started on Jersey Devil! And it looks like there is already a nice sprinkling of supports up with some larger ones in place. Looks like this ride will be ready for a Memorial Day weekend opening! If not a bit sooner! These things are supposed to go up quick aren't they?

As per usual, looking through the comments was disappointing; so many people complaining about construction times and such.

375878834_JerseyDevil.jpg.5e63d67793d27697c2f7575fe11e0b44.jpg

1222718385_JerseyDevil2.jpg.0dd55c974bb5cd4aca97aa0b8cb7518e.jpg

1966253213_JerseyDevil3.jpg.d265810bc0c02a31f85cee9666a89435.jpg

Thanks, was just coming to this thread to ask about an ETA for Jersey Devil. Was wildly hoping for a soft open on Opening Weekend, sounds like that's a big nope. Which is totally fine, but was trying to talk my kid out of an Opening Weekend visit and this gives me more ammo, hah.

The park shared some more photos via their socials of vertical construction. Going up fast.

JDC.thumb.jpg.2403c55ac385ed90062a1acb061063b1.jpg

JDC2.thumb.jpg.a6fc09470d942f7a01f7e114cbd23db6.jpg

JDC3.thumb.jpg.b96ec276b79c3dd20f835b8098d9bfd9.jpg

*insert played out enthusiast comment about how all the other new additions are testing*

The park shared some more photos via their socials of vertical construction. Going up fast.

[attachment=0]JDC.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]JDC2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]JDC3.jpg[/attachment]

*insert played out enthusiast comment about how all the other new additions are testing*

IRON GWAZI IS TESTING ALREADY

W I T H H U M A N S