TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ The only downside having the two right next to each area is that the Plaza Carnival area has yet to open for Holiday in the Park, so you'd miss out on both El Toro and this theoretical RMC.

And that is fine. As a whole, SFGAdv locals don't act as self entitled as many of our counterparts. Instead of bitching about it being 10+ years since El Toro, we are grateful to have El Toro. You don't hear nearly as many SFGAdv locals complain about being owed or deserving a big coaster.

^ The only downside having the two right next to each area is that the Plaza Carnival area has yet to open for Holiday in the Park, so you'd miss out on both El Toro and this theoretical RMC.

And that is fine. As a whole, SFGAdv locals don't act as self entitled as many of our counterparts. Instead of bitching about it being 10+ years since El Toro, we are grateful to have El Toro. You don't hear nearly as many SFGAdv locals complain about being owed or deserving a big coaster.

Larry would you like me to add you to the Great Adv facebook groups? Would some screenshots (dozens? hundreds?) suffice? While (thankfully) I don't see it much here, the locals are spoiled whiney brats that sound like broken record players with that line about "no original coasters in 12 years".

1023919440_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs(1).png.0454757f2da4ed2ed6e29a10eda77964.png

Response to the new Screamscape BS

439637949_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs(2).png.6f03d30ed54403d7b3f662ef87d67669.png

828682913_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs(3).png.73d0bd6dd1ec274217b7b10932e86f95.png

572161797_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs(4).png.434517fd7975d8113630a51c31ef80f8.png

2040931877_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs.png.06c38b3b91f41eed3969af1324993f20.png

Edited by larrygator

Facebook comments are an absolute cesspool of complete garbage especially on official park pages. It really frustrates me as it exposes the "ass" of humanity for what it is. We already have people in KDs comments calling Kings Dominion "neglected" since there doesn't appear to be anything new for 2019. Apparently Twisted Timbers "doesn't count" people are so dumb.

I rode CraZanity for the first time last month, and that thing is so wild and better than many of the coasters at SFMM. Anyone who attends SFGAdv or SFFT next year should really consider themselves lucky! The regular models (like the one going to Georgia) are still insane, but you can really feel the extra height on the 172-foot version.

Larry would you like me to add you to the Great Adv facebook groups? Would some screenshots (dozens? hundreds?) suffice? While (thankfully) I don't see it much here, the locals are spoiled whiney brats that sound like broken record players with that line about "no original coasters in 12 years".

No, why the hell would I want to read that garbage. Let me live in the TPR world where those that post in the SFGAdv thread are reasonable.

Do yourself a favor and stop reading those Facebook pages? Find something more productive to do with your spare time.

This is purely speculation but it seems like Great Adventure's removals this year (King Cobra and El Diablo) are likely a response to frivolous lawsuits. It seems like they just want to get these rides out of America and send them to normal countries where people aren't so unbearably stupid.

The El Diablo lawsuit was apparently because the redundant seatbelt broke and the rider injured herself "struggling" to hold on to a normal restraint that was functioning exactly as designed. The King Cobra lawsuit (for 3 million dollars) was because the riders didn't read the rules of the ride and hurt themselves because they were way over the ride's weight limit which led to excessive speed.