TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^Yep, season passes get free admission to both parks, I believe. A shuttle would be very nice but IMO I don't think it'd see much use. Most people go to one park and not the other, and if it hasn't already been added I can't imagine it's that big of a concern to the GP.

Back in my days working there (98-03), there was an open-air tram that would circulate people from the main park, through the parking lot, and to the Safari (back when it was separate admission) and Water Park. With how the Preferred Parking area is walled off now I can't see how it would continue to operate.

Gold passes (not the memberships) from other parks are no good at the water park. Thrill pass is no good either. If you specifically got what is labeled the "combo pass" from great adventure, then water park is included. All membership levels starting with GOLD+ include the water park.

If you go in the app it will tell you what your pass is good for of you click the little info button on the. "My six flags"page. I bought my pass at SFMM and it's good for their water park, but no others.

It's not very straightforward since they offer 20 types of passes and memberships.

08df63b1f51d302ab0e462644c5b8fbc.jpg

Also if you pick a park it's not valid for, I just discovered it will give you a warning:

3fc61023acd309b3bdbc315edd33b0c4.jpg

I, too, am on the Giant Discovery bandwagon, but if it is placed in its rumored location on the old Freefall site, then I see it getting the Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth treatment like the one at SFDK.

I have more or less reached a point where I don't even care what Six Flags names their rides after we got "Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster." They could build "Supergirl: Super Thong of Destiny and Greatness" and I would still ride it.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if people who have a gold season pass receive any discount on admission at the water park here? I tried calling but no one answered.

Going up here on 8/29 and never been to the water park. Wanted to possibly check it out.

I think with season passes, you automatically get into the Hurricane Harbor (for those HH's with separate admission).

And why doesn't GAdv have a shuttle to and from the dry park and HH?

Even if your season pass is for a different Six Flags? When I go into the app it does not list any free standing water park as an option I can use it at.

I have more or less reached a point where I don't even care what Six Flags names their rides after we got "Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster." They could build "Supergirl: Super Thong of Destiny and Greatness" and I would still ride it.

Pretty sure half of the world would want to ride something named "Supergirl: Super Thong of Destiny and Greatness."

Pretty sure half of the world would want to ride something named "Supergirl: Super Thong of Destiny and Greatness."

Unless Six Flags goes all the way and orders the restraints to match the theme. People have enough of a problem with stand-up restraints...

I would really like to see a Giant Discovery at this park too. I'm actually a little surprised they haven't received one yet.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they build the world's largest version and surpass CraZanity. I mean, they did build Zumanjaro only two years after Lex Luthor.

I can't even imagine what a taller Giant Frisbee than Crazainity would look like. At that point you're reaching El Toro heights, and would easily take up all of the old Freefall location.

The nerd in me wonders how large these frisbees can actually get. I wonder what the "cap" is before the wear and tear on the motor and structure is too much.

I can't even imagine what a taller Giant Frisbee than Crazainity would look like. At that point you're reaching El Toro heights, and would easily take up all of the old Freefall location.

The nerd in me wonders how large these frisbees can actually get. I wonder what the "cap" is before the wear and tear on the motor and structure is too much.

I wonder the same thing too!

As a side note... as much as I enjoy the giant frisbees/giant discoveries they are starting to pop up everywhere and we are starting to get way saturated with them in my opinion.

Yeah what's wrong with putting a great ride in every park? Only enthusiasts would care since they're typically the only people that travel to different parks. Everyone else should get an awesome giant frisbee at their park.

I used to be bothered about flat ride saturation. But I now think about it like this:

Local: Sees cool and shiny new flat ride, gives it a whirl, most likely has fun.

Enthusiast: If they like that kind of flat, it's one more thing to do while at the park if time allows. If not, then people queuing for the shiny new flat aren't queuing for the coasters said enthusiast probably came for.

Let's build 'em bigger and find out!

Six Flags could install a Zamperla Giant Discovery in literally every single park in the chain and I would see no issue whatsoever.

I agree with this take 100%. Pretty much every park as a drop tower of some sort, so why shouldn't they all get Giant Discoveries? They are great rides, have good capacity, and the GP (and most enthusiasts) love them. Having recently visited SFGAdv for the first time, I felt that it was an all around great park and had pretty much every kind of ride and coaster you could ask for except for a giant frisbee. Crazanity has been a huge hit at SFMM and revitalized a dead area of the park. I think something similar would be a huge hit at SFGAdv as well.