TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'm not sure when exactly the sign went up, but I know it was up on the 15th, which was 2 weeks ago to the day.

The new area looks really nice, but I can't understand why they opened the new area yet without the main ride and restaurant.

At this point I'm not counting on riding El Toro before heading over to Europe for a month, but that's ok, I'll still get to ride Balder.

Granted, it would have been nice to ride the closest new coaster before heading overseas in June, but some of us have forseen the delays in the opening of this ride months ago. I just hope they do get it opened in time for their Coaster Celebration, or there will be some really POed people out there! I'm still saying THAT is the reason they postponed the event by 2 weeks, not because they didn't want to compete with Cedar Point's event.

^ It looks big to me, unless you're 188 feet tall...

So is El Toro going to be the first woodie with a cable lift?

And if its going to be as smooth as other Intamin woodies, what difference would it make if its made of steel or wood?

Just asking questions! I don't mean to critisize anything!

Well techinically no. Because Scenic railways are wooden and they use cable lifts. At least IMO.

Yeah, I totally forgot about them!

Oh, and it can't be an opinion if it's a proven fact.

Did somebody say that they saw El Toro testing, or did I dream that? By reading the board, it seems I was...

scenic6.jpg.5515fa0029637d5b18532773b913d2a1.jpg

Looks like a cable to me!

^ Yeah, but, that is where the problem is. That is about how far the train got up the track this morning. The ride started and then got stuck on the lift. It was believed that the lift was not working properly, but after hearing what people said they heard from some workers with measuring sticks in their hands, it is/was the gauging of the track. They said it should be testing this afternoon.

Yes that's my Camera Phone Pic from this morning. 5 hours later, it finally ran! I got to spend an hour talking with Ron Severt, GM of GAdv and Coastin' Steve as we waited for it to finally test!

Also, LOVE the Video! I will have the High Quality pics up on GAdv later on. (Whenever Smugmug gets their server act together today!)

Lets thank the guy from GaInsider again for this video of it's 1st run.....

http://www.gainsider.com/video/052806-ettestingsmall.wmv

Thanks for posting the link to that video and I do appreciate being able to finally see the ride running....but....

begin rant

I will never understand these kids and their having to boast about the "FIRST EVER VIDEO OF A TESTING COASTER!!!!"

I mean it's much better quliaty than that crappy "FIRST EVER OMG EXCLUSIVE HOLY SH!T" Tatsu video, but still...did the video really NEED the "Gainsider.com" logo in the MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN!?!?! Throughout the ENTIRE VIDEO!?!?!?

Anything positive they just tried to do by having that video, IMO was completely RUINED by their craptacular attempt to promote their site. That's actually WORSE than the 30 logos and credits the Tatsu had before the video!

A simple "video by....blahblahwebsite" at the end would have been sufficient....I might have actually gone to the site to see if they had more videos or photos, and I certainly would NOT have felt the need to post this rant....

The lesson to be learned here:

Having your logo plastered across your video isn't going to get you any more or less traffic. But having a quality video WILL!

/rant

Still, wow, that thing really looks FAST!!!! Can't wait to get out and ride...even if it means it might not be until next year.

--Robb "I watched the video and kept thinking 'what the hell is Gain Sider???" Alvey

^ Dude, you should probably wait a bit for the POVs to come out. The ride just had its first test yesterday, which is pretty exciting, but doesn't mean a whole lot. Tatsu tested like three weeks before it actually had riders on it, so don't expect a POV for a while.

Anyways, this ride looks AWESOME! Is it me, or does the train take the first hill REALLY fast?

---Brent

I thought the clapping was a little annoying, cause the camera shook every thime the person clapped. I think it'd be better if they put a track over the noise. It'd sound more professional. But, I'm glad to see it's running! The only thing that's annoying about this ride is that you can't see half of it, and are therefore shown the same spots on the ride over and over again...

Well put, Robb! I always get annoyed at that stuff, just like every website that posts their pictures with their stupid logos or whatever that take up the entire lower half of the shot. I never really understood the reasoning for it. I guess some people really just want to be "the first" and they really don't care about the quality.

Well put, Robb! I always get annoyed at that stuff, just like every website that posts their pictures with their stupid logos or whatever that take up the entire lower half of the shot. I never really understood the reasoning for it. I guess some people really just want to be "the first" and they really don't care about the quality.

^Amen brother!

The messed up the footer placement for the first drop. If you look carefully in the first photo at the top of the drop, the turn around goes a bit to the left then swoopes back. YOU CONSTRUCTION GUYS ARE IDIOTS!

It's called a heartline.

El Toro looks .

Sorry about that. Still don't get it though.