TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I was thinking about originally going on Friday, but then I saw the temperatures and figured nothing would be open and it wouldn't be worth the drive. Now I am reconsidering.

Lets see how long it operates this evening and how cold it will get.

Sorry to doublepost, but right now its 21 in Jackson (and "feels like 10").

Batman currently has a 10 minute wait.

I gotta admit I kinda wish I was there.

edit: Nitro and Batman sh*t the bed about an hour ago. Lantern is still running, and surprisingly after no signs of life all day Superman is now open.

Great Adventure is amazing, but this also happened today

Mind Eraser ran until park close at SFNE when it was 10 degrees. TEN DEGREES

... that's next level

PS: Great Adventure opened Superman for the first time all day after sundown when it was about 18 degrees and ran it the rest of the night.

Edited by coasterbill

I think they'll try to get them up again today and maybe tomorrow but they seem to be getting pretty cranky already. I think at this point they're at least trying to open and operate what they can because there hasn't been any precipitation to use as an excuse not to mention they sold a bunch of season passes around Black Friday/Cyber Monday that have to be processed by Dec 31st to get the free gold upgrade. I'm certain that's a factor in why we've seen people show up this week.

There is snow in the forecast for Saturday, though it doesn't look like much. I just wonder if they'll feel like cleaning that up for two bitter cold days on Sunday/Monday.

I feel like if they open them today they'll open them Monday. The forecasts are almost identical. I'm also thinking if there is any notable snow on Saturday they'll clear it since it's only supposed to be around an inch and they have fireworks Sunday (and it's the processing deadline).

Then again, maybe that's just the optimist in me.

Great point about the pass processing date. I didn't think about that.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm trying to be optimistic too, they have been surprising me this week with these temps. I guess we'll see what happens. I kinda wish I went over Tuesday since I didn't do anything else lol.

I just love that it's currently 14 degrees in Jackson and windy with a high of 23 and we're having a legitimate conversation about whether or not Nitro is going to open in 3 hours. Either way, what a time to be alive.

Also. I feel sort of bad about hijacking this thread with coaster and weather updates but this is so hilarious and unprecedented in the industry that I really can't help myself.

Great Adventure is amazing, but this also happened today

Mind Eraser ran until park close at SFNE when it was 10 degrees. TEN DEGREES

... that's next level

PS: Great Adventure opened Superman for the first time all day after sundown when it was about 18 degrees and ran it the rest of the night.

Minimum operating temperatures.

This is absolutely nuts that they're able to get these coasters open in weather like this. I will feel bad the next time I criticize the operations of Six Flags.