TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

That launch scares the bejesus out of me.

OMG come on. You gotta do it. Face your fears!!!

Seriously, I don't even really like the thing but its one of those rides every enthusiast has to do at least once.

That launch scares the bejesus out of me too. Same with TTD. Roller coasters are supposed to be scary. Most really aren't, but those two I have to take a deep breath and mentally prepare. It's what makes them so good.

And yeah, there's only one row on Ka. You might think you see other rows, but your eyes are deceiving you. Wait the extra 20 minutes and get a good ride.

Why have you never ridden Ka?

That launch scares the bejesus out of me.

If I can survive Zumanjaro, you can survive Kingda Ka.

Just do it, you won't regret it. And hell, if you do regret it... at least you will know what it's like.

Ka is such a must. I know the thing has a huge amount of haters but I just can't get enough of it. Yeah it blows in every row but the front but it's so absolutely amazing in the front it doesn't matter. Never waste a minute waiting for Ka in any other row. EVER. It's the only coaster that still gets my heart racing before it sets off. The 128 mph wind trying to rip your face off as you scream your head off down the track is still one of the top 5 experiences I've had on a coaster.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer Ka to TTD! Now, I've ONLY ridden it in the front, all three times I've ridden it. But all three rides were simply awesome! And with no bad, or even mediocre rides on it yet, I'm sold on the Ka as the Kingda!

I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer Ka to TTD! Now, I've ONLY ridden it in the front, all three times I've ridden it. But all three rides were simply awesome! And with no bad, or even mediocre rides on it yet, I'm sold on the Ka as the Kingda!

I completely agree. Kingda Ka in the front row kicks serious a$$. I don't think I've ever ridden a coaster where the front row makes all the difference, but it does. My first time riding it in the front row, it about made one of my contacts fall out.

Kingda Ka is insane. I rode in the front the first time I rode and as we pulled out of the station it hit me what was about to happen and I started saying "oh sh*t." What an adrenaline rush that ride provides.

The thing about Ka to me is that I never expected all that comfortable of a ride when being launched 128 mph 456 feet into the air.

Those Intamin vest restraints would make a world of difference though.

I think I have to agree. The sheer height and speed of Kingda Ka just blows me away. I fangirled so hard over that ride for so long and even planned a road trip just so I could ride it, just to find out it was closed, and had to wait a few more years. It ended up being my #100 coaster and did not disappoint!

I completely agree. Kingda Ka in the front row kicks serious a$$. I don't think I've ever ridden a coaster where the front row makes all the difference, but it does. My first time riding it in the front row, it about made one of my contacts fall out.

I can feel the wind in my eye sockets. It seriously melts my face.

I always wish someone would build a taller, faster version, but it doesn't seem likely that will ever happen.

I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

I always feel like we should start some sort of pool (like an office pool) to see who is going to get banned. Does this forum allow gambling?

What's even more laughable than somebody posting a half-a$$ed announcement is somebody else QUOTING it and telling them they are going to get banned! I lost my sh*t when that happened with the Cedar Fair announcements.

I'm really excited to see what the chain adds next year. Other parks have already set the bar pretty high!