TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

EDIT: App.com has retracted it's news story, and it appears that the ride is operational again, although that is yet to be confirmed

How many times are you going to change your story? First it was your friend's cousin at the park, then a TV station, now a website. Grow up.

20170808_161340.thumb.png.ee465ebd91ba7fe49c7a424edf3a8817.png

Your friend's cousin first

20170808_161458.thumb.png.888c2f5cef1943a148f4b85d18b9db5d.png

Now a TV broadcast

I'd be very disappointed if we got a Skywarp. It is actually shorter than El Diablo and would be way too similar. I have a gut feeling we won't be seeing it here, though. I'm expecting a world's first flat of some sort, but not a Skywarp. Could definitely see those models popping up at SF parkers without superloops as the capacity seems to be better and it is a tad more eye-catching.

Honestly, the park really should take a year of capital investments to simply put TLC into existing structures. Superman is terribly faded and is one of the first things you see when you pull in, Nitro is going on 17 years old without ever getting a paintjob, the tent structures look run down, the Boardwalk is completely washed out, etc... That isn't even including $ they could put towards finishing OC and having that path reconnect, either opening or demolishing the old simulator building, adding lights and some life back into the GK, possibly refurbrishing or replacing KK's trains, a full rehab of RMT and the Log Flume (both of which had many problems this year), etc... Since I'm enthusiast I will always eagerly anticipate an RMC coming our way, but so much around the park needs a lot of work done.

Honestly, the park really should take a year of capital investments to simply put TLC into existing structures. Superman is terribly faded and is one of the first things you see when you pull in, Nitro is going on 17 years old without ever getting a paintjob, the tent structures look run down, the Boardwalk is completely washed out, etc... That isn't even including $ they could put towards finishing OC and having that path reconnect, either opening or demolishing the old simulator building, adding lights and some life back into the GK, possibly refurbrishing or replacing KK's trains, a full rehab of RMT and the Log Flume (both of which had many problems this year), etc... Since I'm enthusiast I will always eagerly anticipate an RMC coming our way, but so much around the park needs a lot of work done.

They'll never do this but I'd have no problem if they did. Honestly from a marketing perspective it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as even most of the locals around here absolutely consider GreatAdv to be the least "nice" compared to the major regional competition (Dorney, Hershey, Moreys).

"New for 2018... we're spending a bunch of $$$ cleaning the place up a whole bunch!!!!"

Locals, even non-enthusiasts, would eat it up. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'd love for the park to give the entire place some sorely needed TLC. A couple coats of paint, some new pavement and clearing away dead ends (paintball building) would go a long way towards improving the park more than any ride could. But I'm not going to hold my breath, either.

Edited by Genx24

They'll never do this but I'd have no problem if they did. Honestly from a marketing perspective it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as even most of the locals around here absolutely consider GreatAdv to be the least "nice" compared to the major regional competition (Dorney, Hershey, Moreys).

"New for 2018... we're spending a bunch of $$$ cleaning the place up a whole bunch!!!!"

Locals, even non-enthusiasts, would eat it up. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

See, I don't know, I see things differently. I've had the same thought of "How would marketing advertise a year of TLC?" and felt it would never happen because most people coming to the park would s**t all over that. I just don't think it would entice people the way you think it would, otherwise we'd have seen it before elsewhere.

Has any park used TLC in a "New for..." marketing plan?

See, I don't know, I see things differently. I've had the same thought of "How would marketing advertise a year of TLC?" and felt it would never happen because most people coming to the park would s**t all over that. I just don't think it would entice people the way you think it would, otherwise we'd have seen it before elsewhere.

Has any park used TLC in a "New for..." marketing plan?

Unless it is coupled with maybe some new shows or something, it isn't something to be advertised. However, improving the little things will help people keep.coming back. The entire park experience would be greatly improved with a couple million dollars worth of TLC.

People are putting this much stock into something screamscape posted?

I mean, it's probably a decent bet this Skywarp is coming, but consider the source; screamscape is wrong as often as he is right so don't sweat it.

90% screamscape news is true

So many users here, read it and then report the news without mentioning it

90% screamscape news is stuff he's read on Internet forums.

So many users here, read it and it confirms what they also have read on these same forums, so they put it on other forums as confirmed now.

FTFY

Not saying screamscape is always wrong, but 90% accuracy is a ridiculous statistic to just conjure up.

I'd love for the park to give the entire place some sorely needed TLC. A couple coats of paint, some new pavement and clearing away dead ends (paintball building) would go a long way towards improving the park more than any ride could. But I'm not going to hold my breath, either.

Paintball building?

#BringBackFreefall

Every section of the park should have a Freefall with a different theme.

Paintball building?

He's referring to the building by the tent structures:

Paintball.thumb.jpg.40cf3de17f0a855d0b26c74f7b3df20d.jpg

Honestly, though, I don't feel that area will ever open up. It's always been blocked off, either by landscaping or rides, all the way back to the 1970s, as shown by archived satellite shots at Historic Aerials. Odds are it's purposefully constructed this way in order to divert traffic through the Boardwalk (games + food = $$$) or the Blue Tent Arcade (games = $$$).

He's referring to the building by the tent structures:

[attachment=0]Paintball.jpg[/attachment]

Honestly, though, I don't feel that area will ever open up. It's always been blocked off, either by landscaping or rides, all the way back to the 1970s, as shown by archived satellite shots at Historic Aerials. Odds are it's purposefully constructed this way in order to divert traffic through the Boardwalk (games + food = $$$) or the Blue Tent Arcade (games = $$$).

I recall that the path was open before the paintball building was built. Then again I might be thinking about before the Boardwalk area even existed. Now, I have some research to do.

Edited by larrygator