TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

So since SFGADv is getting a worlds first right after Joker I wonder could SFMM be getting one of the record breakers right after JL, Maybe to go up against whatever Knotts is getting???

World's highest Skyscreamer. World's first Skywarp(cloned at several parks in 2018).

So since SFGADv is getting a worlds first right after Joker I wonder could SFMM be getting one of the record breakers right after JL, Maybe to go up against whatever Knotts is getting???

World's highest Skyscreamer. World's first Skywarp(cloned at several parks in 2018).

Is this true, or just a guess?

I'll be attending this park on the 19th, it'll be my first trip there since 2009. My first TR for this site will definitely follow.

That being said, what's my best strategy since it'll be on a Saturday. My niece and I will be leaving Baltimore around 6am so we get there nice & early (it's about a 2.5 hr trip from here).

Is this true, or just a guess?

Just my prediction. I think the "world's first and north american first" SF claimed are going to be things like this. I think many people, as I saw posted from other sites, think these are going to be big expensive things. They probably won't be. It's SF so the hype will likely be more than the the result, thus my prediction.

1) world's tallest skyscreamer..420ft...cost just a little more than 410 ft skyscreamer

2) world's first skywarp...cost 2M

3) world's first 2nd gen enterprise...

4) world's tallest water coaster...current tallest water coaster was 3.5M so SF could do it for under 5M

5) first in north american flat ride that has been in europe

6) world's first with 1 of the S&S concept coasters...S&S is in to low cost so probably under 10M for their concepts

^ Well I agree that Six Flags is going to hype up moderately priced rides due to their budget restraints. SFMM is the only park in the chain without a Skyscreamer (I'm guessing the proximity to Knotts Windseeker had something to do with that), so that's probably a good bet to make.

There are usually a couple of moderately priced coasters in the mix as well, and we know SFOG is getting one of those. The other? hmmmmm....

I've heard speculation and guesses that it'll be a SkyWarp.............

Eh in my opinion Six Flags Great Adventure could always use more flats. This is one of the parks I think definitely could use a Giant Discovery.

I've heard speculation and guesses that it'll be a SkyWarp.............

Eh in my opinion Six Flags Great Adventure could always use more flats. This is one of the parks I think definitely could use a Giant Discovery.

I'm not familar with how much they use the theater next to Batman, but I wouldn't be opposed to them removing it and putting the Giant Discovery there and having it swing out over the midway on an angle, it's like the perfect location for it.

^ Well I agree that Six Flags is going to hype up moderately priced rides due to their budget restraints. SFMM is the only park in the chain without a Skyscreamer (I'm guessing the proximity to Knotts Windseeker had something to do with that), so that's probably a good bet to make.

There are usually a couple of moderately priced coasters in the mix as well, and we know SFOG is getting one of those. The other? hmmmmm....

SFMM is not the only park without a skyscreamer. SFGAm and Escape don't have them. We don't "know" what SFOG is getting, it's speculated. They could just do a complete retrack like CF did with Ghost Rider and mad that ride 100x better. It's now the best ride in the park.

SFMM is not the only park without a skyscreamer. SFGAm and Escape don't have them. We don't "know" what SFOG is getting, it's speculated. They could just do a complete retrack like CF did with Ghost Rider and mad that ride 100x better. It's now the best ride in the park.

Wouldn't matter. A re-track is STILL a coaster project that requires an investment from SF, so I'm not sure what you mean.

LOL...suddenly Skywarps are the only 'world's first' rides on the table? Seems to me several companies have announced new concepts in the last few years.

Yeah, they have, but this is Six Flags we're talking about. If it fits in a small footprint and is cheap, they're buying it. Which is why the dueling Crazy Couches are what they're building.

Wouldn't matter. A re-track is STILL a coaster project that requires an investment from SF, so I'm not sure what you mean.

So, your logic is any investment even a small one. The perspective SF hopes people have towards their parks, minimalist.

LOL...suddenly Skywarps are the only 'world's first' rides on the table? Seems to me several companies have announced new concepts in the last few years.

Yeah, they have, but this is Six Flags we're talking about. If it fits in a small footprint and is cheap, they're buying it. Which is why the dueling Crazy Couches are what they're building.

SF could plop down 3 of these at 2M/each in a heart beat and market them as coasters. They knock out 3 parks for just 6M and most patrons will be okay with it unlike superloops.

So, your logic is any investment even a small one. The perspective SF hopes people have towards their parks, minimalist.

No, that wasn't really just logic lol. I used a poor choice of words because I am speculating, but yes I believe any investment SF makes for 2018 regardless of how big or small, will be marketed as something major...And I believe SFOG is getting an RMC Cyclone.

"World's first" does not mean "Completely new ride no one's seen"

If SF America gets a 416 foot drop tower, they now have the worlds first 416 foot drop tower.

None of you guys are taking this into consideration, and I think this is exactly what's going to happen.

Personally. I'd love if we got a Full Throttle clone, with a slightly taller loop (they'd market it as the "Worlds first 170ft loop")

EDIT: Why does "F u l l - T h r o t t l e" auto correct to "YOLOcoaster" ?

Also, we'd need a 172ft tall loop to beat the record

Edited by YoungPup

Notes and pics from today's trip:

-Got on El Toro 2x, KK, Zumanjaro and the Big Wheel. All rides had 15min waits with most being walkons.

-I took a peek at different areas and didn't see any visible signs of construction/land clearing/markings for the 2018 attraction.

-Batman now has on-ride video that appears to currently be operational. A pic of the open stand can be seen below.

-El Toro was strangely running smoother in the magic seat on the Kia train compared to the 2nd row of the regular train. Amazing ride as always.

-Took my first ride on KK this year, 2nd row, and it was shuffling like crazy. This used to be strictly a problem with the back of the train but it appears every row is like this now. They really need to put some TLC into this ride or put $ into getting new trains. On the plus side it was running 3 train ops with quick dispatches.

-SF is playing no games with this loose article policy. The El Toro entrance attendent was having people do quick pat downs of themselves to check for phones or keys.

20170727_155333.thumb.jpg.bad57a57a4b2f7d21e5d89861eef01f5.jpg

GL and S:UF from the parking lot.

20170727_172405.thumb.jpg.7ce32dff92151aa28f118cdbb190689d.jpg

This is the line just to get in the line for El Toro due to the loose article policy. It was actually a walkon past this point.

20170727_172628.thumb.jpg.c6a264ea7a85db137bffbac2a673d0b8.jpg

20170727_172826.thumb.jpg.946122fe2eae182ac8d483f515365f9d.jpg

Walking out of the PDC.

20170727_173444.thumb.jpg.cac903f0f938d72b40748eed82f26a6d.jpg

Nice view of Frontier Adventures from the lake.

20170727_174347.thumb.jpg.71599df4862dc15bcb1abfe12b655f97.jpg

Perfect timing on this pic.

20170727_174452.thumb.jpg.e3dd4774c692cbeb3e9ea66486f7e0df.jpg

Ka.

20170727_184643.thumb.jpg.196b9ae9f84228758eab42b02e5d10db.jpg

Sad to see: Tiger Exhibit, a souvenier shop and food stand are all closed. The GK was once one of the best areas of any SF park. Now it's very bare and run down.

20170727_194440.thumb.jpg.ca1b9cec42db7e992e830eaacd93bcfc.jpg

Shot from the Big Wheel.

20170727_194613.thumb.jpg.b0ac1af190d6d668bc5e29a757bc07da.jpg

Another one.

20170727_194832.thumb.jpg.20b5636dbbace668f577929d411f9082.jpg

...and one more...

20170727_201007.thumb.jpg.c186f1c2d89d57a4ec240ca22f4ad735.jpg

Batman's new video stand.

"World's first" does not mean "Completely new ride no one's seen"

While true, I don't think the park would be using "world's first" in their marketing if they didn't mean they're adding something that no one has seen before.