TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

God I hate these loose article policies. I will be very sad if they catch on to more parks. I am okay with having to check a bag, but when parks start turning me away even if everything in my pockets is buttoned, zipped, or safety pinned, I get annoyed. (BTW, safety pins are awesome if you have no zipper pockets and are concerned about loose articles).

SFNE has been doing this new thing on Superman and Wicked Cyclone that Great Adventure should think about doing. After all the restraints are checked on both rides and the op tells everyone on there train to put there hands up and if they have a phone they take it from the person and put it on the side of the ride in the station. Hasn't slowed down dispatches from what I've seen on the two coasters.

God I hate these loose article policies. I will be very sad if they catch on to more parks. I am okay with having to check a bag, but when parks start turning me away even if everything in my pockets is buttoned, zipped, or safety pinned, I get annoyed. (BTW, safety pins are awesome if you have no zipper pockets and are concerned about loose articles).

Loose articles kill operations, SF operations already are poor b/c of their poor staffing. I would have no problem with banning all loose articles on every ride. People don't need all the crap they carry and then take their leisurely time putting away their stuff. Get a locker or leave the crap in the car.

I remember a bunch of pages back, the Fright Fest crowds at Great Adventure are heavy. Was that just for the October FF days or are the September FF days packed?

And is Flash Pass (or haunted house flash passes worth it)

I figure if I do go up again, I'll hit up FF or HITP (I know for Holiday in the Park, everything beyond the midway is closed; so no El Toro, Bizzaro, KK, Zumanjaro, etc).

Either way, it'll be fun coastering in fall/winter weather.

I went to Dorney Park for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and was extremely pleased to see that the only paid l.ockers were optional in the waterpark.

Every ride had the cubbie system, including some where the operator would shift a door for train 1 vs train 2 (so people on the other train wouldnt have access to your stuff).

"But it slows things down"

The thing is, Six Flags still allows (and always will allow) people to place their souvenir drink cups and glasses.

It is 95% money grab, 5% ride opps.

Indeed, if it were about ride opps, then a much more effective strategy would be single rider lines that are well used in every ride. Nothing more fun than an hour late where you see 2 or 3 seats dispatching empty every single ride. Additionally, restricting access to the stations at the turnstile, so people line up for each car with the right amount of people, and none of that last minute "oh actually Im waiting to ride with them" crap.

Just out of curiosity, being that SFGAd and the water park are two completely separate parks, would a capital investment for the water park be considered the major addition for the dry park as well, or would the dry park still get a major investment the same year as a major investment to the water park? I hope that makes sense.

Six Flags started doing the current "new addition" strategy strategy back in 2013. Each time something was added to SFGAdv's Hurricane Harbor, it came alongside the standard main park addition:

- 2013: New Safari / Racing slide complex

- 2016: Joker / Water play complex

If something were to be added to the water park, odds are the main park will still receive something.

Six Flags started doing the current "new addition" strategy strategy back in 2013. Each time something was added to SFGAdv's Hurricane Harbor, it came alongside the standard main park addition:

- 2013: New Safari / Racing slide complex

- 2016: Joker / Water play complex

If something were to be added to the water park, odds are the main park will still receive something.

Thank you! I was just curious because most of the water parks in the chain are actually connected to the dry park so when the water park gets an addition it is considered the new addition for the park that season.

I absolutly HATED that loose article policy when I went to SFGADV in May! Out of the over 150 coasters I have have ridden I have NEVER lost my phone, wallet, or keys when I put them in a button or zip pocket! IMO this is just a money making scam! Hell even the loose article Nazis at Holiday World were never this bad!

Are we really still whining about the loose article policy? Geez guys, its $1 dollar. ONE. Yes it sucks, but you know what sucks even more? Getting head injuries or teeth knocked out from idiots flying phones. If you want to whine about something, whine about the people that ruined this for the rest of us.

Not to mention - if you're visiting a theme park and are complaining about having to pay an extra ONE DOLLAR, we all know its not that you can't afford it, its simply that you're cheap. Because if you couldn't afford it you wouldn't be at the park in the first place. Pay up or shut up.

I remember a bunch of pages back, the Fright Fest crowds at Great Adventure are heavy. Was that just for the October FF days or are the September FF days packed?

I figure if I do go up again, I'll hit up FF or HITP (I know for Holiday in the Park, everything beyond the midway is closed; so no El Toro, Bizzaro, KK, Zumanjaro, etc).

It gets worse as the event goes on. September weekends aren't terrible if you go early and leave well before sunset. Going at all on decent weather days in October, especially late October, you're looking at mobs of people. They've added a couple "bonus" weekends in November after FF ends and before HITP begins. These weekends the past two years have turned out to be really light crowd-wise and all but Frontier (Bizarro, Mine Train, SORA) have been open. Good weekend to get those last rides in on Toro Ka and Zum.

Unrelated - if anyone cares, Runaway Mine Train's track piece has been replaced and its running again.

People, the no-loose-articles policy not about phones or keys falling out of pockets. It's about idiots taking their phones out of their zippered pockets after they leave the station.

That's solved very easily. Post signs that say use of phones on rides will result in ejection from the park, no debate, no refund. Enforce on a few idiots and publicize it, problem solved.

While I do find this policy mildly inconvenient, it doesn't bother me that much. An all day transferrable locker rental is 8 bucks. Given the absurdly cheap admission prices it's easy to justify and honestly it's kind of nice not to have to be able to throw things in a locker anyway. I pack light at theme parks, but on rides like Joker I always did it voluntarily even before it was mandatory.

Are we really still whining about the loose article policy? Geez guys, its $1 dollar. ONE. Yes it sucks, but you know what sucks even more? Getting head injuries or teeth knocked out from idiots flying phones. If you want to whine about something, whine about the people that ruined this for the rest of us.

Not to mention - if you're visiting a theme park and are complaining about having to pay an extra ONE DOLLAR, we all know its not that you can't afford it, its simply that you're cheap. Because if you couldn't afford it you wouldn't be at the park in the first place. Pay up or shut up.

It gets worse as the event goes on. September weekends aren't terrible if you go early and leave well before sunset. Going at all on decent weather days in October, especially late October, you're looking at mobs of people. They've added a couple "bonus" weekends in November after FF ends and before HITP begins. These weekends the past two years have turned out to be really light crowd-wise and all but Frontier (Bizarro, Mine Train, SORA) have been open. Good weekend to get those last rides in on Toro Ka and Zum.

Unrelated - if anyone cares, Runaway Mine Train's track piece has been replaced and its running again.

Bonus weekend in November between FF & HITP . . . . cooler weather and not so bad crowds. Sounds like fun (I'd do either that or HITP . . . . _

"not so bad crowds" doesn't even begin to cover it. Kingda Ka generally runs 1 train and by the end of the night it's about 20 minutes between launches just because they can't fill the ride vehicle.

Bonus weekends are awesome and I highly recommend them.

"not so bad crowds" doesn't even begin to cover it. Kingda Ka generally runs 1 train and by the end of the night it's about 20 minutes between launches just because they can't fill the ride vehicle.

Bonus weekends are awesome and I highly recommend them.

How many people does KK need before it launches? (and I'm not surprised at all for the bonus weekends that only 1 train is being used)