TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Are there any single riders lines at the park, I'm gonna have an opportunity to visit in about 2 weeks during a weekend was wondering if I would need fast passes or if single rider lines exist? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Zumanjaro and Green Lantern have them but GL is dumb because it doesn't save much time and Zum they have a tendency to ignore the SRL. Not sure about JLBFM.

If you are planning on visiting on a weekend do yourself a favor and budget for Flash Pass.

New path? I assume it's not that super convenient one that used to connect Kingda Ka and El Toro?

I still don't understand why that path is not opened up!

Its simple really. There is nothing for you to buy along that path. Sure, they could add a few booths/kiosks but why bother when they can make you walk through the boardwalk with its endless plethora of mediocre food and crappy games? This is likely the same reason they aren't opening the Old Country path when JLBFM opens - they'll send us around through Movietown since there is stuff to buy there.

Six Flags decided to not maximize profits today and the path was open through the "old" Old Country when I was leaving Justice League around 12:30PM. The path was not open when I arrived at the park at 11:30. All I did at the park today was ride Battle for Metropolis 4 times and grab a buffalo chicken cheesesteak. I was a relaxing 75 minutes in the park.

^ Today at the park is Faith Family & Praise with groups scheduled to use the picnic grove this afternoon. They always have the path open when groups are using the picnic groves.

Did you get that steak from Boardwalk Steak and Fries and how was it?

New path? I assume it's not that super convenient one that used to connect Kingda Ka and El Toro?

I still don't understand why that path is not opened up!

Its simple really. There is nothing for you to buy along that path. Sure, they could add a few booths/kiosks but why bother when they can make you walk through the boardwalk with its endless plethora of mediocre food and crappy games? This is likely the same reason they aren't opening the Old Country path when JLBFM opens - they'll send us around through Movietown since there is stuff to buy there.

Six Flags decided to not maximize profits today and the path was open through the "old" Old Country when I was leaving Justice League around 12:30PM. The path was not open when I arrived at the park at 11:30. All I did at the park today was ride Battle for Metropolis 4 times and grab a buffalo chicken cheesesteak. I was a relaxing 75 minutes in the park.

That's interesting, because when my brother and I showed up to the park around 7:30PM for a spontaneous visit, the Old Country path was closed again. I guess they keep it open for peak hours then.

EDIT: Pay no attention to me, I went back and actually read boldikus's post.

So, I was thinking about season passes... is there an option (historically) where you buy a pass for next season and you can use it THIS season at any of the parks?

My thought was, since I have limited vacation, to buy a 2018 pass when the promos start in the early fall this year and use it for part of this year, too at different six flags... like maybe I buy it at great adventure and do six flags America on the same trip, but in the spring, make it out to St Louis.

So, I was thinking about season passes... is there an option (historically) where you buy a pass for next season and you can use it THIS season at any of the parks?

My thought was, since I have limited vacation, to buy a 2018 pass when the promos start in the early fall this year and use it for part of this year, too at different six flags... like maybe I buy it at great adventure and do six flags America on the same trip, but in the spring, make it out to St Louis.

Last year I bought a 2017 Six Flags gold pass during the Labor Day Weekend flash sale and was able to use it at Great Adventure & Great America while the 2016 season was still going. The "catch" is you have to redeem your pass from the park you bought it from.

Last year I bought a 2017 Six Flags gold pass during the Labor Day Weekend flash sale and was able to use it at Great Adventure & Great America while the 2016 season was still going. The "catch" is you have to redeem your pass from the park you bought it from.

SF makes you process your pass at the park you bought it at b/c they have different prices for Regualr and Gold passes at each park. If they didn't do this than you could just buy at the cheapest park and use it at your home park. SFMM and Gadv passes cost more than other parks, so people near them could buy passes at SFA or Escape, the cheapest park and activate them at their actual home park. CF lets you process a Platinum pass at any park b/c they have uniform pricing for Platinum passes.

Yes if you buy a pass during the Labor Day sale you can use it for the rest of this year and next. You do have to go to the park that you got the pass from first. Then you can use it at any of the SF parks.

Wondering why RMT hasn't been running? Wonder no more...

RMT.jpg.abb00af7d16db4f3af2494ae47976907.jpg

Speaking of RMT, the park added a new themed photo booth in front of it. Apparently there is one near Swashbuckler as well.

RMC2.jpg.4e12651e25282b7ebec821943d12975c.jpg

In other news, the new eatery near JLBFM, Munchopolis, is finally open for business.

MUNCH1.jpg.7881386a9d4beaaeab06fb6b76202d29.jpg

MUNCH2.jpg.9b66370a1c605552c087e85bc6835982.jpg

And finally, the park is apparently adding on-ride video to Batman: The Ride.

BMTR2.jpg.3952d5babe5f50ab69d3ae8cfcaab6f9.jpg

BMTR.jpg.ada36ebd941d502e921cc92628988f94.jpg

All photos from C.J over @ the SFGAdv FB Conn group.

SF makes you process your pass at the park you bought it at b/c they have different prices for Regualr and Gold passes at each park. If they didn't do this than you could just buy at the cheapest park and use it at your home park. SFMM and Gadv passes cost more than other parks, so people near them could buy passes at SFA or Escape, the cheapest park and activate them at their actual home park. CF lets you process a Platinum pass at any park b/c they have uniform pricing for Platinum passes.

Mexico City always has the best deal. Annual Pass is $35, before any sales. Good at all the parks.

Hi guys,

Some friends and I are making a trip to Great Adventure this Saturday. This will be our first time at ANY Six Flags park, let alone Great Adventure. Our friends are vegetarians - are the "healthy" options listed on SF's website including vegetarian options? Are the vendors okay with preparing meals by removing the meat or substituting the protein?

We have gone to Kennywood and Knoebels with this group of friends and had a great time - food selection was great for us (especially at Knoebels). With the high prices of food, we're wondering if it makes sense to bring a picnic lunch or if the food options will be good enough to eat inside.

As as side note, I'm assuming it will be a very busy day this Saturday. We aren't planning to buy flash passes (not in the budget this year). Any suggestions/strategies on how to best avoid long lines? We will be there from open to close.

Thanks!

I suggest eating at Go Fresh Cafe, they have one location by Nitro and one near the Frontier Adventures entrance.

As as side note, I'm assuming it will be a very busy day this Saturday. We aren't planning to buy flash passes (not in the budget this year). Any suggestions/strategies on how to best avoid long lines? We will be there from open to close.=

Do you want to do the Safari?

I suggest eating at Go Fresh Cafe, they have one location by Nitro and one near the Frontier Adventures entrance.

Agreed. The park doesn't have much in the way of vegetarian foods other than GFC, and I'm certain most food service employees will not customize your order. A regular I know had issues earlier this year with having a burger wrapped in lettuce as opposed to a bun, and even a food supervisor wouldn't budge on the issue. This ain't Burger King and you cannot have it your way.

You CAN leave the park and go out to your car to eat. With the prices of food, you might want to pack a cooler with lunch and just head out to the lot to eat. I've done it plenty of times, just make sure to get your hand stamped for re-entry.

As far as lines/rides/what to hit, check out this handy guide.

^ In that case, do the Safari as early as possible. My recommendation would be to head to El Toro immediately after park opening, get a few rides in before a line forms, then walk directly to the Safari.

And then head directly to Superman as it gets and keeps a line all day thanks to its consistently stellar operations.

Nitro is never a worry since its a capacity monster and even a long line never stops moving.

No idea if it was the threat of storms, the heat, both, and being a weekday, but got there at 3pm today and the longest line we waited in was Justice League, 10 minute line, it broke down, we waited like 30 minutes, left, came back and got on in like 2 minutes.

Everything else was walk on ALL day. We just lolligaged around and didn't rush, so we didn't do too many rerides, but we got on everything we wanted to

Joker: 1

El Toro: 1

Nitro: 2

Justice League: 1

Kingda Ka: 2

Zumanjaro: 2

Batman: 3

The Dark Knight: 1

The last Nitro ride was at night, with a storm in the distance lighting up the sky, it was so dope.