TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

1. For those that have ridden JL:BFM . . . what did you think of it? (I haven't done a Sally dark ride yet)

2. Damn . . . . $125 for platinum Flash Pass! (I think it was $99 last year). But I will follow the advice and get the Gold one AND quickly reserve my ride after scanning.

Im really happy to read that Six Flags went all out with this ride, ESPECIALLY the queue. I hope it's a sign of things to come. SF used to make nice themed lines (see Batman), and then regressed to county-fair standard switchbacks. I think it really makes a difference in how people see the chain. Disney of course makes sure every queue is a serious part of the ride experience.

Im really happy to read that Six Flags went all out with this ride, ESPECIALLY the queue. I hope it's a sign of things to come. SF used to make nice themed lines (see Batman), and then regressed to county-fair standard switchbacks. I think it really makes a difference in how people see the chain. Disney of course makes sure every queue is a serious part of the ride experience.

They could make every ride have amazing queue's. That important thing is maintaining the queues and things they put there. Disney does a great job with this. Six Flags however does not.

That's really weird--I wound up buying a Gold Flash pass and both Gold and Platinum were $5 cheaper when I bought them this past weekend. Maybe they just raised the prices.

There are 4 different pricing tiers for flash passes depending on expected demand / attendance for the day. If you look online and select different days you will see there is an "A" "B" "C" and "D" price. Also there is a $5 discount per person with any six flags season pass if you purchase in person.

That's really weird--I wound up buying a Gold Flash pass and both Gold and Platinum were $5 cheaper when I bought them this past weekend. Maybe they just raised the prices.

There are 4 different pricing tiers for flash passes depending on expected demand / attendance for the day. If you look online and select different days you will see there is an "A" "B" "C" and "D" price. Also there is a $5 discount per person with any six flags season pass if you purchase in person.

Generally, how many Flash Passes are purchased per day?

They could make every ride have amazing queue's. That important thing is maintaining the queues and things they put there. Disney does a great job with this. Six Flags however does not.

You can't really compare anything Disney does to Six Flags or any chain park. Disney is in a class of its own, as a destination park and resort they emphasize customer satisfaction, convenience, organization, operations, etc....unlike a chain park. There is also the fact that SF in all categories listed SF is behind other chains IMO.

Edited by cejackson

I think Six Flags has missed the boat on the huge popularity of comic book movies in the past decade.

Wonder Woman is burning up the charts, and Six Flags has done...???

Just putting "Batman" on every ride doesn't mean a whole lot.

I think they should look into bringing back some of the live shows. And has SF ever done "meet and greets" with the real actors? While Disney has a fake Captain Sparrow in their park every day, Johnny Depp shows up twice a year

Could someone confirm how the $12 locker day pass works? There's zero information on the SFGAdv website. (There's zero information about a lot of things there.) Do I just select Day Pass as an option at the kiosk, or do I have to buy something from an actual person?

Getting psyched for tomorrow, but worried about Kingda Ka having a technical breakdown. Hopefully between arriving at opening and having the Flash pass we should be able to get on at some point. Sounds like our major list is:

1) Top picks: Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro, Bizarro, Superman Ride of Steel, Zumanjaro

2) Batman: the Ride: good but rough, saved for later

3) To avoid: Joker, Green Lantern [flipping cars seems a bit much for me, and GL's reputation for--discomfort--is well known]

Sound about right?

I think Six Flags has missed the boat on the huge popularity of comic book movies in the past decade.

Wonder Woman is burning up the charts, and Six Flags has themed new rides at SFA and SFDK to Wonder Woman, not to mention the three JLBFM rides going in at SFOG, SFGAdv, and SFMM where Wonder Woman is part of the themeing. I don't really understand your criticism here.

SF has not really missed the boat IMO. The biggest comic book movies the last decade have been Marvel by about almost 3 to 1. Marvel is hitting home runs and DC had less movies, less popular movies, less box office per movie. SF has latched on to the Justice League the last few years with the series of movies coming out. They have put JL theme rides at 6 parks and more will probably come in 2018 They are also on top of Wonder Woman marketing with multiple WW rides in 2017. The movie's success will keep that theming going in 2018. WW sequel is coming, WW will be in the JL movies. It also goes to the marketing of female super heroes being neglected often, they can ride WW train for many a while. If SF had Marvel licensing they wouldhave had a home run for a decade and that has no signs of ending anytime soon.

Since 2007 the DC movies have been in order

Green Lantern(generally panned)

Dark Knight Rises

Man of Steel

Batman vs Superman

Suicide Squad(surprise level of success of a not well known comic)

Wonder Woman

The last 3 listed were just 2016 and 2017.

Marvel in the last decade in order has had in order

Iron Man

The incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Thor

Captain America

Marvel's Avengers

Iron Man 3

Thor:Dark World

Captain America-Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers-Age of Ultron

Antman

Captain America - Civil War

Doctor Strange

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Wonder Woman is burning up the charts, and Six Flags has themed new rides at SFA and SFDK to Wonder Woman, not to mention the three JLBFM rides going in at SFOG, SFGAdv, and SFMM where Wonder Woman is part of the themeing. I don't really understand your criticism here.

Totally agree!

My only complaint is why has so much been wrapped around Batman, Superman, and Joker? We have a hint of others thrown in but not as much as them main 3 it seems.

- I would love to see more water rides themed to Aquaman - as far as I know there is only one and its quite small.

- What about a ride like Justice League but its themed to Suicide Squad.

- The Flash could make an neat theme for an impulse coaster.

There are dozens upon dozens of characters in the DC arsenal. Unfortunately, most of them are just not known outside of the comic book world. I am sure awesome rides concepts could be created for - Amanda Waller, Amethyst, Anarky, Anti-Monitor, Ares, Arsenal, Atom, Atrocitus, Bane, Batgirl, Batwoman, Beast Boy, Big Barda, Birds of Prey, Black Adam, Black Canary, Black Mantra, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Brainiac, Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold, Clayface, Deadshot, etc.

Maybe as DC makes more and more movies bringing more and more different characters to life we will see more and more rides popping up with their names on them.

Well, the Flash is already used as themeing for flash passes, chainwide. I don't think we'll likely see any Flash themed rides due to that.

As far as Suicide Squad we (@ SFGAdv) do now have Joker and a Harley Quinn themed ride right next to it, so that's a start I guess? Didn't the Suicide Squad movie bomb? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't see it and only remember hearing terrible reviews).

Well, the Flash is already used as themeing for flash passes, chainwide. I don't think we'll likely see any Flash themed rides due to that.

As far as Suicide Squad we (@ SFGAdv) do now have Joker and a Harley Quinn themed ride right next to it, so that's a start I guess? Didn't the Suicide Squad movie bomb? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't see it and only remember hearing terrible reviews).

It didn't bomb financially, but I don't think the reception was as good as they were hoping for. Criticially it was torn apart, and the general reception was more meh than say the reception for Wonder Woman has been.

There's already a Flash ride at SFMM so it could happen.

It didn't bomb financially, but I don't think the reception was as good as they were hoping for. Criticially it was torn apart, and the general reception was more meh than say the reception for Wonder Woman has been.

Suicide squad did 746M world wide on a comic that was only really known by comic people before the movie. The movie was a rousing success financially. Also, studios aren't concerned about critics so much as people paying to go. For example, The Pirates of the Caribbean movies have been panned by critics for several sequels, but they keep making them b/c people go. This years which was eviscerated by critics has done 650M world wide(still running), which is what the original did in its entire run. The middle 2 of the 3 middle ones did over 1B and one did 900+. 2017 version will do over 700M surely and it's hard for studios to turn down that 750M gross ticket sales which will almost surely put in the top 10 grossing movie of 2017 world wide.

Not calling Kingda Ka "The Flash" was a huge missed opportunity. They have the naming rights for a superhero known as "the fastest man alive" and at the time it was the world's fastest roller coaster. It's a perfect match!

Could someone confirm how the $12 fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo day pass works? There's zero information on the SFGAdv website. (There's zero information about a lot of things there.) Do I just select Day Pass as an option at the kiosk, or do I have to buy something from an actual person?

Getting psyched for tomorrow, but worried about Kingda Ka having a technical breakdown. Hopefully between arriving at opening and having the Flash pass we should be able to get on at some point. Sounds like our major list is:

1) Top picks: Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro, Bizarro, Superman Ride of Steel, Zumanjaro

2) Batman: the Ride: good but rough, saved for later

3) To avoid: Joker, Green Lantern [flipping cars seems a bit much for me, and GL's reputation for--discomfort--is well known]

Sound about right?

If you have ridden Superman many times before, it's not worth the likely long wait. Superman is pretty weak compared to other flying coasters

Rode Justice League today and all I can say is...WOW! Universal quality themed ride in a Six Flags park! I hope they add these or various versions of it to all Six Flags parks. SFA is in dire need of a dark ride. 2018 addition perhaps?

They really are awesome, we just got one at Georgia this year as well. I'm just worried how well they'll be maintained chain wide.

Theres also all the potential CW tie ins.

Theres also all the potential CW tie ins.

They could even do a dual coaster with one forward-facing and one backwards. Call one Flash and one Reverse Flash. The concepts are right there!

Well . . . I'm ready for Friday. And I did get myself a Gold Flash pass (I don't really see the need to go platinum . . . UNLESS the expected turnout is very big. And I wonder why they changed the platinum thing about two rides in a row)

First thing I'll do when I get there . . . stretch out (I'll be driving 166 miles up from Maryland)

Must do's for me - JL:BFM, Batman: The Ride, El Toro, KK, Zumanjaro, Bizarro, The Dark Knight, Nitro, Safari Off Road

Likely do's for me - Skull Mountain, The Joker, Houdini's Great Escape, Superman: Ultimate Flight

I'll likely skip Green Lantern . . . . and I may throw in a few flats here and there, as well as an animal show

And it'll be no great shake for me if I don't ride one thing or another as many times as I want. I'll likely make another Great Adventure trip later this year.

I'll likely skip Green Lantern . . . . and I may throw in a few flats here and there, as well as an animal show

DO NOT SKIP GREEN LANTERN! People consistently complain that it is a bad or "rough" ride but I highly recommend riding it. It is fun, thrilling, and the theming ties in with the 2011 movie of the same name. Good coaster experience, and I don't understand why it gets so much hate.