TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

No one can tell you what crowds will be like a month from now. This is themeparkreview.com, not psychicsRus.com

All you can really do is budget for flash passes and buy them if need be. Do not buy them in advance as weather and other things will dictate crowd levels and you can very likely waste a ton of money buying them in advance. For further tips and tricks, we've created a fun and handy guide to assist you in having a Six Flags day.

Good luck and have fun.

After eating we still had the whole other side of the park to hit, so we started with Skull Mountain, great themeing, great music, great everything. My friend & I both love everything about Skull Mountian.

Is this a meme?

Nah bro, it's a cult.

OK... I am gonna be one of those people.

I am planning a trip on the last weekend in July. My wife wants to go on Saturday due to scheduling but I want to go on Sunday. How bad will the crowds be? This will be my first full day there in 20 years so I want to maximize the day as much as possible.

I echo what Boldikus said. You'll probably need Flash Passes but don't buy them that far in advance. If the forecast looks good the day before you go I would ALMOST suggest buying it online so you can skip the line for the Flash Pass movie though since it can easily be 30 to 40 minutes of your life that you'll never get back.

Note: I say "the day before you go" because you can't buy it online the day you plan to use it. You need to buy it in advance.

No one can tell you what crowds will be like a month from now. This is themeparkreview.com, not psychicsRus.com

All you can really do is budget for flash passes and buy them if need be. Do not buy them in advance as weather and other things will dictate crowd levels and you can very likely waste a ton of money buying them in advance. For further tips and tricks, we've created a fun and handy guide to assist you in having a Six Flags day.

Good luck and have fun.

After eating we still had the whole other side of the park to hit, so we started with Skull Mountain, great themeing, great music, great everything. My friend & I both love everything about Skull Mountian.

Is this a meme?

Nah bro, it's a cult.

I went back and read your guide and I love it!!!

Question about Houdini: how much does it swing? I felt pressure on my back when I rode, so I know that it isn't just an optical illusion, but I also have my doubts that it swings like a pirate ship ride (and obviously it doesn't invert).

Justice League is awesome, I had only been on it once before but it really is such a fun ride. The lines weren't too bad today, I waited probably an hour but I expect the lines to be insane once it opens to everyone else.

They did a great job on the theming around the area too with the addition of the bridge and the conversion of the restaurants and stores and bathrooms in the area.

Great job by the park giving season pass holders exclusive access today and handing out free Dippin dots to try as well.

A bridge, you say?

Color me intrigued...

EDIT: Looked up a photo elsewhere. Looks really good! I like that it creates a bit of a break between the sections. Anything that adds landscaping is a win in my book. Can't wait to check it out Saturday morning!

Just got back from the park. Justice League was pretty cool, waited about 45 minutes for it. Like the setup around the ride, the bridge and everything.

This is def a ride that will be packed this summer, gonna be an hour plus wait everyday I'm guessing.

Nick and I took a trip down to Great Adventure this evening after work for the Justice League pass holder preview. I'll keep the main focus on this due to the fact the rest of the day was pretty standard in that El Toro/Batman kicked ass, Nitro was solid and Joker/Zumanjaro pulled genuine screams out of us.

As for Justice League, I must admit going into today I did not know what to expect. I never thought I'd be riding a dark ride at Great Adventure, but I went in with an open mind. First off, it was awesome seeing finished paths and a ride where Old Country once was. It was trippy boarding a ride back there for the first time in more than a decade. Before entering the Justice League themed area you cross a bridge which is pretty nice looking. Once on the other side there are two snack stands and a bathroom. Next to these there was a little station and a DJ booth where Dip & Dots and fudge was being given away which was awesome. The queue line and theming around it was nicely done and the show building looked great, I just hope they can maintain it before it turns into a sh*tshow. Once inside the building there is a tv explaining the backstory, banners and a marble looking statue of a few superhero's. After you pass the switchbacks groups of 1-2 riders and 3 or more are split up into two lines. The station was really cool with a Cyborg animatronic that was pretty lifelike.

As for the ride experience itself, I was very very impressed. It was so much fun with a long ride cycle and more practical effects than I anticipated. Overall I think it is an A+ addition and a must ride if you're at the park. It is good to have that side of the park back!

IMG_3635.thumb.JPG.63f579ec6c948025429afc5813d7e4de.JPG

The only notable thing upon entering.

IMG_3636.thumb.JPG.2f39b8a98c21baf9eb14e15f9c6af27a.JPG

Metro-Narrows Bridge

IMG_3637.thumb.JPG.b6b252eab8a82cc27ca2376243f340d6.JPG

Metro Grill, the first of two snack stands.

IMG_3638.thumb.JPG.c717194aa299bfd6644182a1b9328525.JPG

Restrooms

IMG_3639.thumb.JPG.054b295083f7819b5072ce4881c96f74.JPG

Second new snack stand

IMG_3640.thumb.JPG.49b4534b4d496405ea885efbc236d7b9.JPG

Nice looking area

IMG_3641.thumb.JPG.9b38df39ee32a58b36cc999ec53dd73b.JPG

Free Fudge......

IMG_3642.thumb.JPG.6dcb99189002ea3c712beec259fdd089.JPG

And Free Dip & Dots, FREE things from Six Flags?!

IMG_3643.thumb.JPG.899c0f2102c4654881f03b9384e34a31.JPG

Exit through the gift shop of course.

IMG_3644.thumb.JPG.a85e5dfe883874214a74110ab99b2c0f.JPG

Remnants of Old Country

IMG_3646.thumb.JPG.654b03c348697e2f73dbf54f3ab06350.JPG

New views of the Ferris Wheel

IMG_3647.thumb.JPG.4c46609861854150a02eb76b37221632.JPG

Tribute to Chiller's Observatory.

IMG_3649.thumb.JPG.d8579ea91533ae12ffc4eaa47e4d63a1.JPG

Inside portion of the queue

IMG_3650.thumb.JPG.5adcd369a5ddf8352600a3f1cc047f15.JPG

"Marble" Justice Leaguers

IMG_3651.thumb.JPG.b727bb6926afc2e862ebb443695265ed.JPG

Pre-Show, no I did not pay attention (Sorry Nerds, I don't care)

IMG_3652.thumb.JPG.60728a6fb612b94cce493759431d9481.JPG

The station was awesome with a great Cyborg animatronic.

IMG_3653.thumb.JPG.ff1b38f8df17209989b1dcde169a13d0.JPG

The million dollar cars.

IMG_3654.thumb.JPG.f61c37bc6a4de4d4f51ce737ecce5900.JPG

Ride entrance

IMG_3655.thumb.JPG.b0d3f17bcc2eae2eb26561dfa33f4b81.JPG

After we paid tribute to Adam West

IMG_3658.thumb.JPG.38fc2f21864636a138944ef2286aa8dc.JPG

Never enough DC theming I guess

IMG_3659.thumb.JPG.212492b85ec0e5c9d03a843a4a1d105f.JPG

The one and only

IMG_3660.thumb.JPG.ce1f0dd9ed86ff958c76cc12c834c8aa.JPG

Ended the day with two laps on Toro

Great update! Does Great Adventure's Justice League have a single rider line like the Great America version?

You all get on the same line until you get inside and go through the switchbacks in there ( I think it was 3) after that the line splits into 2 lines, groups of 3 or more go to the left and groups of 2 or single riders go to the right.

Yeah they definitely are.

The new ride looks great. Love the bridge and all the work they did to the new area (though hate that you can still see Autobahn creeping from behind that fence - how very Six Flags). The reviews from the opening yesterday have been overwhelmingly positive. I'm torn between just waiting until later in the year (read: HITP) to ride it, or rushing up there soon to try it out before everything is broken.

Great update! I am really digging the new theming and the ride looks great in that location. One question, though- did the fence separating JL and Old Country look permanent? I am hoping it was just to control crowds since it was a SP preview because it'd be a bummer if that still ended up being a dead end.

I really hope that opening up and utilizing Old Country again becomes the focus of the next couple of years at GAdv. It was such a nice part of the park back in the day, pretty, and also seemed a little quieter, and the improved traffic flow was great as well! Put a Giant Discovery in there, potentially where it can swing over the entry area to the park (similar to SFDK), and maybe a couple of other small flats, or leisurely thrills, and it rebounds from being such a wasted part of the park.

^ Agreed 100%. If they filled in the remainder of that area (please let it be a frisbee or Discovery or whatever for 2018 though I think 2018 is going to be a waterpark year) there wouldn't really be any dead areas of the park, except maybe the area between Toro's drop and Zum's queue, but I could see them opening that all up at some point well down the line, since there are minimal trees back there. Other than that only the lakefront area east of Joker doesn't really have anything going on, and it's fine with me if they keep it that way.

That looks great! I've never ridden a Justice League ride. Do you have to be familiar with the characters in order to follow the ride or not really? Looking forward riding this later in the year and during HITP. Is this a dark ride with guns and you shoot stuff or is it like Spiderman/Transformers?