TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Hopefully they'll do the smart thing. . .

Six Flags... smart?!?!? Ahahahahahaha!!!

Oh. Wait. You were being serious??

SixFlags, the stupid company that has the only Intamin Plug and Play woodie in the United States. The stupid company that installed the first RMC, and then repeated the mistake by building more. The stupid company that is expanding their theme park season in many northern US parks because people want to visit parks even if not every coaster is open.

Are they perfect? No. Are they bumbling fools? No

SixFlags, the stupid company that has the only Intamin Plug and Play woodie in the United States. The stupid company that installed the first RMC, and then repeated the mistake by building more. The stupid company that is expanding their theme park season in many northern US parks because people want to visit parks even if not every coaster is open.

Had an amazing day at the park today, despite the rain. Had a ton of food from the food trucks but wanted more. I think the winner for me was the candied apple roasted pork tacos from the Guac Spot. Longest line we waited in was 8 minutes for front row of Ka. Even the Safari at noon was a walk-on (there were 8 people on our truck. 8!!) Joker broke down twice but that was the only downtime we experienced. I might write more later, but it was definitely worth waking up at 3am this morning to make the drive to the park.

B-b-but the Larson Superloops!

B-b-but the Larson Superloops!

I believe that was addressed when I wrote: Are they perfect? No.

Went to the park today for the first time in a few years, pretty dead.. The whole Nitro having ejector this season thing is a myth, though I found it to be running very well regardless. On the other hand, Batman is seriously hauling, like.. Montu/Afterburn level intensity, maybe even more! The back left felt like it was trying to kill me in the final corkscrews, in a good way. El Toro was running very fast, ejector on the S-Hill after the twister section fast.. but, definitely due for re-tracking (looking at you turnaround ). The park in general looks worse than I remember, not a lot of landscaping, the new joker area already looks run down to me. In general needs a lot of work... Anyways, here are all the rides I got in and some additional notes:

El Toro - 7x

Batman - 6x

Bizarro - 5x (forgot how good this is, totally overshadowed in this park)

Nitro - 4x

Kinda Ka - 1x (rip capacity these days)

Green Lantern - 1x (ran pretty smooth compared to what I remember, just such an endurance test! Very intense for a standup ride)

Superman - 1x

Zumanjaro - 1x

Skull Mountain - 1x

Mine Train - 1x (ouch)

not a lot of landscaping

It's important to keep in mind that a lot of the landscaping at this park (flowers, etc) gets put in throughout the springtime each year and not necessarily before the park opens for the season. Give it about a month for everything to be at full bloom.

not a lot of landscaping

It's important to keep in mind that a lot of the landscaping at this park (flowers, etc) gets put in throughout the springtime each year and not necessarily before the park opens for the season. Give it about a month for everything to be at full bloom.

While your statement is true lets not have any misconceptions about Great Adventure's less than stellar landscaping as well as the rotting infrastructure.

Went to the park today for the first time in a few years, pretty dead.. The whole Nitro having ejector this season thing is a myth, though I found it to be running very well regardless. On the other hand, Batman is seriously hauling, like.. Montu/Afterburn level intensity, maybe even more!

Nitro wasn't running anything like it was last weekend. I felt like it was running average, maybe even a little slow yesterday but since it's Nitro it was still delivering great rides. Last week was Spring Break and the park was open daily. My guess it is that they threw some fast wheels on it for the week since Spring Break always brings some cold weather and I highly doubt they felt like changing them on a day to day basis. Since last Saturday happened to be pretty warm and since it had been running daily the ride was flying.

I didn't think Bizarro was running nearly as fast as last weekend either (and the crew was back to being terrible), but it was still running well. Batman was hauling.

Overall it was a great day. Brit and I spent the day there and my mom (who was coming through Jersey) popped in for the last 2 hours of the day and met us for some rides which explains why we rode Nitro 8 times.

A few other things of note from yesterday,

- What's with the crowd distribution?? I don't know if it's selling passes during Holiday in the Park, a different marketing approach or what but this park seems to be seeing an influx of families. Last weekend I chalked it up to the Easter Egg hunt but now I think it may just be the new normal (which is great). Most major rides were station waits to walk ons all day with only Kingda Ka and Joker achieving wait times of over 15 minutes at any point but Skull Mountain was posting over 30 minutes all day, Dark Knight was filling the pre show and spilling out into the queue, Safari had over an hour wait and Skyway and Mine Train always had long lines. Meanwhile rides like Nitro and Batman were sending tons of empty rows. Capacity plays a role obviously, but this still isn't normal for this park.

- The new photo pass is a disaster and photos seem to be getting lost in cyberspace. I added 3 of them to my card yesterday and none have come through yet, the guy at the photo booth found one (though he couldn't send it to me), the other 2 are nowhere to be found.

- Food Truck weekend is awesome. We got lunch from Oink and Moo BBQ which had great pulled pork sliders and later we of course went back for Waffle De Lys which was as amazing as ever. Along with Empanada Guy they had the longest line of any of the trucks pretty much all day, and deservedly so.

- Aside from Bizarro, the ride crews are still doing an amazing job this year. These are easily the best operations I've ever seen at Great Adventure. Hopefully this trend continues.

Totals

Kingda Ka 2x (Front row both times, no line)

Zumanjaro 1x (no line)

El Toro 2 x (no line)

Skyway 1x

Safari Off Road Adventure 1x

Bizarro 1x (no line)

Teacups 1x (lol we pretty much destroyed this thing... we were still spinning while other people were getting off the ride)

Batman 2x (no line)

Dark Knight 1x

Nitro 8x at the end of the night without getting up.

I'd post some pictures, but Six Flags lost most of those... lol. Overall though we had a great day.

Edited by coasterbill

I haven't been to the park this year yet but last year I would always put the photo numbers in my phone cause I would have several not show up for whatever reason, either user error by the workers or the system not working. I would just add them to the card at the end of the day near the photo booth at the fountain at the kiosks where you could do it yourself. I'm not sure if that's still possible with the new system.

I have a cedar fair photo pass for the first time this year and it blows away the system that six flags had in last year. They have self service kiosks and you can just scan your card, select your photo to add and that's it. So much easier and it worked every time.

- The new photo pass is a disaster and photos seem to be getting lost in cyberspace. I added 3 of them to my card yesterday and none have come through yet, the guy at the photo booth found one (though he couldn't send it to me), the other 2 are nowhere to be found.

I had the same problems with my photopass this year and am really pissed because we had some absolutely hysterical ride photos with my brother and his wife. I doubt there's any way to locate them - not that SF gives a crap. I know the day we were there with them but other than that... That trip with them was the only reason we bought the damn pass this year, too.

Little late to the party of bashing VR but seriously, why Zumanjaro. One I hate spiders, two I'd probably have a panic attack being 415 feet in the air with Goggles strapped to my face, and 3 the best part of Zumie is the breathtaking view. Why would any one want to do VR when you get an amazing view of the park and Philly in the distance. I wish they would just give up with the VR sh*t.

Why's everyone mentioning the view from Zumanjaro? What's so breathtaking about it? Sure, you see the park and all, but central Jersey is flat and full of trees. If it were located by a mountain range or the world's largest brothel I'd see a reason to complain but as it stands, who cares?

Why's everyone mentioning the view from Zumanjaro? What's so breathtaking about it? Sure, you see the park and all, but central Jersey is flat and full of trees. If it were located by a mountain range or the world's largest brothel I'd see a reason to complain but as it stands, who cares?

I completely agree. I understand enthusiasses less every day.

You can see Trenton lol

You can see Trenton lol

Trenton, don't all jump at once.