TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

No bins in the station is the only reason why Nitro has decent capacity. It's good in theory, but in practice it almost always hurts capacity.

I can agree with this. Bins kill capacity, when Magnum had the bins taken away in 2014 the actual hourly numbers raised by 300-400 riders per hour.

I really don't want to be punished for other people's stupidity. I understand that sometimes that's just how the world works but I feel like this is completely overkill. I'd much rather they make the punishment much more severe for people taking their phones out on rides (because let's be honest, that's what this is really about) and actually enforce the rules they put in place.

Every time they stop a ride for a cell phone, I see security meet them at the exit, talk to them and then let them off with a warning. If you're that concerned you should really try enforcing the rules you've already put in place before you put stupid policies in place that operate on the honor system and will only have an impact on people that were already following the rules and weren't the problem anyway. If you're enough of a dumbass that you'll whip your phone out on Kingda Ka then you're not concerned with the rules anyway and will have no issue lying to security.

And who is going to throw the guests out? The guys in the flourescent jackets picking up trash? Nobody respects security because A, nobody is ever kicked out, and B, they look like a joke.

And who is going to throw the guests out? The guys in the flourescent jackets picking up trash? Nobody respects security because A, nobody is ever kicked out, and B, they look like a joke.

amen.gif.4ad713800b542dfe4e9c72bd6d976722.gif

No bins in the station is the only reason why Nitro has decent capacity. It's good in theory, but in practice it almost always hurts capacity.

I can agree with this. Bins kill capacity, when Magnum had the bins taken away in 2014 the actual hourly numbers raised by 300-400 riders per hour.

Guess wearing pockets with zippers is the new theme park norm. Note to self. I understand removing bins leads to quicker dispatch times. I think it causes an inconvenience for those non-theme park enthusiasts.

Completely changing the subject. How are crowds usually during Spring Break? My mom and I are thinking of taking my nephew to Great Adventure the day after Easter and we are wondering if there is an advantage going on a weekday or if we should just go on a weekend. My nephew finally hit 48" and he is really excited to ride El Toro so I cannot wait to take him! If I could get any advice that would be greatly appreciated.

I have actually never been to the park during spring break but I feel like everyone always says its fairly busy. From what I heard it seemed crowds were decent yesterday but obviously I ain't no psychic so hard for me to speak for the rest of this week or next Monday. I'd imagine Sunday/Monday may be quiet? Just a guess though. I can't imagine too many people going to the park on Easter Sunday. You might want to look back to mid-April of the last couple of years in this thread to maybe get a feel for what crowds have been like in the past. Outside of that I got nothin.

Thanks for the advice. Sadly I cannot do Easter because my sister will not have my nephew for that weekend. He will be with his dad. I looked back at last year during Spring Break and it didn't seem too crowded. Luckily we have time to make up our minds.

I know Facebook is generally filled with stupid idiots but the nonstop complaining and posts about this topic over in the great adventure group is amazing.

The level of stupidity and whining and lack of any sort of common sense that I see in that group is just so comical and unreal.

I have been to the park every year during Spring Break since 2008 and never saw the crowds reported to be so bad. According to CoasterQueue, Nitro and Joker are each 1 hour and 40 minutes. I think the whole week will be bad. Thursday has a large group with thousands of people visiting in addition to it being the first day of Spring Break for schools that only get Thrusday - Monday off. Good Friday and the day before Easter are usually bad too. I was hoping Monday would be less crowded next week with Philadelphia schools back in session but NYC and Jackson still are on Spring Break and was considering going tomorrow but decided against it because even if it was half as crowded as today, I don't feel like dealing with 45+ minute lines when I can go next month on a weekday and get walk ons.

Wow, that is comparable to Saturday Fright Fest level crowds. If this keeps up, they are going to need to bring out the old Glow in the Park parade green trash cans and rope that they used for temporary overflow queues in September and October.

Granny's is always packed. When we were there for opening weekend, we waited 10 minutes at Panda Express. Friend decided to go to Granny's and waited nearly an hour. That was a dead day too, 10 minute wait for everything (provided it didn't break down)

Everyone always says Grannys is packed. Maybe it always is. Maybe I get lucky.

But out of the maybe three times Ive gone there over the past few yrs it was dead and I got food fast.

Was thinking of going tomorrow, but seeing how crowded it got yesterday coupled with the fact that Yoshi mentioned a group of thousands visiting on Thursday has me thinking I'd be better suited heading over to Coney Island instead.