TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

:lol:

Wait, this was a thing people were legitimately worried about?

Well, since one of the other 4 of that type isn't running this year, it looked pretty terrifying to everyone that they might all be a mess.

:lol:

Wait, this was a thing people were legitimately worried about?

The idea of Toro being down for an entire season is legitimately something to get our panties in a bunch over but you just have to remember this is SFGAdv and its likely just some idiot in their website maintenance department just playing with our hearts and minds.

Speaking of the website, I just got a new passholder email linking me to a page on the site that talks about the new food and retail around JLBFM.

New Rides, Shops, and Foods at the Park in 2017

We have lots of new thrills and surprises in store for you this year. We’re introducing a new ride, a new gift shop, a new restaurant, a new cold treat, and much more to come. Here are a few of the new experiences you’ll find at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2017.

JUSTICE LEAGUE™: Battle for Metropolis – New High-Tech 4D Thrill Ride

This summer, we’ll introduce JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, a high-tech, innovative new ride experience at the park. You’ll embark on a multi-sensory 4D adventure to rescue your favorite Super Heroes from the evil villains. Armed with a laser gun and real-time gaming elements, you’ll blast the targets on screen to earn points. You’ll pass high-resolution video graphics, custom-designed animatronics, special effects like fire and fog, and one of the first-ever virtual loops!

A New Heroic Gift Shop

With the introduction of our new 4D attraction, we’ll also open the doors to a new retail store with all your favorite JUSTICE LEAGUE gifts. Soon you’ll be able to find T-shirts, sweatshirts, candy, keychains, magnets, stuffed toys, and more all themed after your favorite Super Heroes and villains.

Boardwalk Steak & Fries – Air-Conditioned Restaurant

We’re opening a brand new shore-themed eatery, Boardwalk Steak & Fries, located in the Boardwalk section of the park. This new dining location serves chicken and beef cheesesteaks, chicken tenders, French fries, and ice cold drinks. You’ll be able to use your Season Dining Pass at this new air-conditioned restaurant.

ICEE – A New Line of Frozen Drinks

This year we’re debuting a new line of frozen drinks in the park. You’ll be able to pick up ICEE beverages in all kinds of delicious flavors. ICEE will be available in kiddie and regular sizes, plus a souvenir cup to get cold refills all summer. ICEE will be more accessible than ever before with nine locations throughout the park!

Exclusive Park Merchandise

We’re introducing new retail items you won’t find anywhere else! This spring, enjoy an exclusive theme park T-shirt – Pass Holders will get special discounts. Throughout the year we’ll also unveil specialty crew sweaters, water resistant pouches, character hats, and limited edition WONDER WOMAN™ movie capes!

A New Way to Collect Park Photos

Our new Picture Passes let you collect all your park photos and access them anywhere. Add unlimited Main Gate, character, and ride photos from the entire day or season to create a digital scrapbook of your time at the park, including photos from Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro, GREEN LANTERN, Log Flume, and Safari Off Road Adventure. You may also get discounts on photos and a free print with purchase.

The idea of Toro being down for an entire season is legitimately something to get our panties in a bunch over

Oh sure, but ever since they somehow deleted an entire kids area from their ride lineup and had a ton of coding errors and pages that didn't display or even exist on their HITP page and had placeholder text go live on the home page for weeks at a time I just sort of learned to ignore their awful website entirely. They really need to spend the money on a competent web team.

The idea of Toro being down for an entire season is legitimately something to get our panties in a bunch over

Oh sure, but ever since they somehow deleted an entire kids area from their ride lineup and had a ton of coding errors and pages that didn't display or even exist on their HITP page and had placeholder text go live on the home page for weeks at a time I just sort of learned to ignore their awful website entirely. They really need to spend the money on a competent web team.

Yeah, good point. Or as Six Flags would say, [i Like Theme Parks. Agrees Text]

^No, they're actually doing an event Holiday In The Par. It's a golf tournament. I can't wait!

The cost for entry is free with the purchase of a season pass, and for every stroke under par you are, SFA will plant a tree with your name on a plaque at the base right next to a Snickers ad.

^No, they're actually doing an event Holiday In The Par. It's a golf tournament. I can't wait!

The cost for entry is free with the purchase of a season pass, and for every stroke under par you are, SFA will plant a tree with your name on a plaque at the base right next to a Snickers ad.

The advantage of going on an 8 pm closing day is that crowds should be lower especially by 4 or 5 when the school groups leave. Some of my favorite days of the season to visit are on weekdays in May and June while schools are still in session (except on days when the park closes at 6) since during the day lines aren't too bad and those last few hours should be almost all walk ons.

Edited by YoshiFan

It should be a little more crowded during the day with more school groups but probably not much worse. I went to the park on a Friday in June in 2014 before schools let out and got 21 rides in from 4:15 to 9:00 without Flash Pass.