TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Hey guys.. planning a trip to get back down to GAdv for a Friday/Saturday in early May (5th & 6th I believe). My question is have hey made any announcements on any BAFF days or any 13 year old concerts for that weekend? Access to a FP shouldn't be an issue, just want to know if I should expect any larger crowds than normal cuz after hearing about the insane amount of people that showed up for those BAFF days.

Thanks in advance

The only events on that Friday are Physics Day and Music In The Parks but it still shouldn't be too crowded. The schools leave by around 4 to 5 and those final few hours should be walk ons the entire time. I didn't see anything scheduled for Saturday except a teachers workshop and that probably won't effect crowds.

Naturally, these 30 days will seem to go by the slowest. I can't wait to get back in the saddle. Six months without El Toro is a drought I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Thank Jeebus we have HITP. It makes it feel so much shorter. This year felt even shorter than last, I guess I am doing a good job keeping myself busy on weekends. Only 29 days now lol - will be here before we know it.

I'll be making the journey up from Maryland to GAdv at some point this season.

Any updates on JL:BFM construction/projected opening date? (as I said before, glad they're finally making use out of the former B&R: The Chiller/Movietown Water Effect/Stuntman's Free Fall area)

I'll be making the journey up from Maryland to GAdv at some point this season.

Any updates on JL:BFM construction/projected opening date? (as I said before, glad they're finally making use out of the former B&R: The Chiller/Movietown Water Effect/Stuntman's Free Fall area)

Nothing more so than what has already been discussed previously in this thread. Everything still points to around Memorial Day weekend.

They have been posting updates on their snapchat (gradventure) but I doubt will know an opening date until we're well into the spring season. I'm sure they are aiming for Memorial Day as usual.

Please forgive me as I've asked this question before, but forgot the answer. Which day during the summer is best? Monday or Wednesday? It's funny, I kinda remember everyone's 'best way to hit the park', but forgot which day is best. I've only been there for HITP. So, I know I'm skipping GL and the Dark Knight...lol. One question I never asked is, what are the 'can't miss' flats? I've been on Houdini already. I'll miss Sky Screamer and Fireball there, because we have them here. Well, we will have the screamer soon. Looking forward to Nitro and Batman again.

Really just Zumanjaro, maybe Twister if you like top spins. The Sky Ride is a must, and some would say the safari if you have the time/flash pass. Houdini is awesome for one ride if you haven't already. Make sure you park yourself in 6-2 of Toro for at least five rides and row one of Ka if you've only been during HITP.

The only "can't miss" non coaster rides (aside from Houdini) are Safari Off Road Adventure, Zumanjaro and in my biased opinion, Skyway. The flume is worth a ride if it's open but beware of the crappy grouping policy. Our rapids ride is the worst rapids ride ever built.

As far as the best day to visit, either one would be fine but I'd suggest Wednesday I guess if I had to pick.

... oh, and while it's not really that great of a ride, we do have the only parachute drop in North America and it's worth riding.

Ha ha, yeah the parachutes were definitely on my list of must rides. Yup, will be sticking to a couple of plans that I heard last year. Go to Ka and Zu right away, mainly because of breakage I was told. Then to Toro. Then to Safari. After those, start hitting the others (Nitro, Batman, etc). Reride what I can after that.

Wednesday is what I figured too. People do 3 day weekends, which may make Monday a little more crowded than Wednesday. I can't wait.

Sounds good, and sit in row 1 on Ka. When the front row queue is full it's still only like 20 minutes (since they always draw from the same load platform since they never use more than 1) and it makes the difference between an unforgettable, insane ride and a rattly piece of crap.

Sounds good, and sit in row 1 on Ka. When the front row queue is full it's still only like 20 minutes (since they always draw from the same load platform since they never use more than 1) and it makes the difference between an unforgettable, insane ride and a rattly piece of crap.

Do they ever make use of the second load platform for Ka? You'd think logically on peak days, they would . . . . .

Do they ever make use of the second load platform for Ka? You'd think logically on peak days, they would . . . . .

Six Flags doesn't think with logic.

No. And there's no reason to anyway since it's capacity has been severely reduced by Zumanjaro. They couldn't dispatch trains any faster anyway since they already end up with 2 trains in the staging area by the time Zumanjaro drops, and once those 2 launch Zumanjaro is generally ready to dispatch again.

It does make the line move faster once you reach the station though which is nice if you're waiting for the front.

Will do!