TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Odd choice if all of Movietown is converting, considering it has 2 Batman rides, a Batman themed stunt arena and our Superman themed coaster is in a totally different area of the park. Hopefully if this is the case they at least put halfway decent effort in the theming.

Oh god, they're not doing sh*t. I'd be surprised if they even put up a sign.

Odd choice if all of Movietown is converting, considering it has 2 Batman rides, a Batman themed stunt arena and our Superman themed coaster is in a totally different area of the park. Hopefully if this is the case they at least put halfway decent effort in the theming.

Oh god, they're not doing sh*t. I'd be surprised if they even put up a sign.

Come on, I'm sure they will change the name of the area on the map.

Edited by larrygator

You also have Bizarro, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, and Joker in other areas.

Soon the park will be Six Flags Gotham Adventure

How crowded does the park usually get during weekends in April? Is a flash pass needed? Also what are operations like, are all of the rides typically open at the start of the season?

Wow its been a while since someone asked this, I almost don't know how to respond.

Serious tho put it this way: you're better off attempting an April weekend day than a summer weekend day that said depending on weather its a crapshoot. If its overcast/chance of rain GO FOR IT> Those days can be the best for crowds. Pack a poncho and prepare to maybe ride in the rain.

On the flip, it can get crowded if the weather is nice. Crowded enough that you'll want a flash pass. Also sometimes church groups can spontaneously overrun the park on spring weekends. It's awful. And those cheerleading meetups. Horrific. You should budget for a flash pass - a gold pass can usually get the job done. If it turns out you don't need it you have extra money to spend on something else, but if its RAMMED and you dont have the cash to pony up on the Qbot, you're gonna hate life.

Operations at the park are *usually* fine by then - the first weekend or two we may see one train ops but this park is usually great bout running all available trains even in times they aren't even warranted like all the time on Bizarro because they're always only gonna stack the 3rd train anyway and in the process suck the life out of everyone who rides it as they wait for an hour and half on the brake run in the hot jersey sun wilting away into theme park oblivion.

like all the time on Bizarro because they're always only gonna stack the 3rd train anyway and in the process suck the life out of everyone who rides it as they wait for an hour and half on the brake run in the hot jersey sun wilting away into theme park oblivion.

So this brings me to a question, and I can't find the exact answer on Six Flags' website. Are all the rides that are on Flash Pass available with Gold? I don't really care about Justice League, as we have that one at home in St. Louis, so as long as Joker's on gold, I'll probably save some money and do that instead of Platinum. Thoughts?

Usually the new ride is only on Platinum, usually just the opening season for the attraction. I haven't bought a FP @ GreatAdv since Namtab opened in 2015, but pretty sure everything is on Gold. All the coasters except for Joker should be on Gold, they may even have Joker on there this year with JLBFM on Platinum only. But all the coasters that matter: Toro, Nitro, Ka, Zum, Skull, RMT, Batman, Supes, Bizarro are all on Gold.

Unless its Fright Fest mob scene level, Gold always gets it done. You just *HAVE* to reserve your next ride as soon as the FP attendant scans you in.

How crowded does the park usually get during weekends in April? Is a flash pass needed? Also what are operations like, are all of the rides typically open at the start of the season?

Wow its been a while since someone asked this, I almost don't know how to respond.

Serious tho put it this way: you're better off attempting an April weekend day than a summer weekend day that said depending on weather its a crapshoot. If its overcast/chance of rain GO FOR IT> Those days can be the best for crowds. Pack a poncho and prepare to maybe ride in the rain.

On the flip, it can get crowded if the weather is nice. Crowded enough that you'll want a flash pass. Also sometimes church groups can spontaneously overrun the park on spring weekends. It's awful. And those cheerleading meetups. Horrific. You should budget for a flash pass - a gold pass can usually get the job done. If it turns out you don't need it you have extra money to spend on something else, but if its RAMMED and you dont have the cash to pony up on the Qbot, you're gonna hate life.

Operations at the park are *usually* fine by then - the first weekend or two we may see one train ops but this park is usually great bout running all available trains even in times they aren't even warranted like all the time on Bizarro because they're always only gonna stack the 3rd train anyway and in the process suck the life out of everyone who rides it as they wait for an hour and half on the brake run in the hot jersey sun wilting away into theme park oblivion.

Thanks for the advice! Sheesh from what I hear this park seems like it's always crowded.

Thanks for the advice! Sheesh from what I hear this park seems like it's always crowded.

It's not always. I've been there multiple times when there was barely anyone there. I haven't bought a FP since 2015 because all of my visits in late 2015 and throughout 2016 were pain free from crowds, and I went a ton. And I'm very impatient. Just have been lucky I guess, tho I did avoid the place between June-August last year. But it can get ridiculously crowded and it kinda sucks when all the big dogs have 1hour+ waits, so why not be prepared to pony up for FP? It'll be worth it if you need it. I know I say it here all the time but why plan a trip to a park you don't normally go to - especially one with a lineup as stacked as ours - to not be able to buy a FP and wind up spending your entire day in lines.

Weather definitely plays a factor which is why I mentioned going on an overcast/chance of rain type of day - though fair warning lately: if its a washout, and only a few people show they will shut down early. So if it looks like a ton of rain all day I dont know if I'd even chance it.

I just got an email from SFMM about a 48 he lunch & snack meal deal. This is what we purchased last year at GAdv and it was great. Our passes are for GAdv, can anyone help me figure out how to get the lunch and snack deal thru that park? No idea why SFMM is sending me stuff. I'll be there for the first time in 15+ years next month but my home park is GAdv. Any help, codes, links, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thx!