TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Shame the park won't be open this weekend since its gonna be 65 degrees and sunny on Sunday! They should just stay open all year round.

They have the coldest temperatures on earth over there in New jersey that is why.

Yeah I wouldn't know about temperatures in New Jersey. Thanks for the heads up. Its so incredibly far from me. You've been so helpful, honestly not sure what I'd do without your continuous barrage of extraordinarily helpful posts.

Your welcome. It's far from me to but the only reason I know is because someone that I know lives over there and tells us that.

I'm honestly just confused at this point. Is he being serious? Is he trolling? Does he just suck at sarcasm? What is it? I don't even know how to respond.

Oh god. . . He made his way over here from the SFOT thread. . . Take a peak at the last 15 or so pages in there and you'll learn to just ignore him most of the time instead of responding.

Shame the park won't be open this weekend since its gonna be 65 degrees and sunny on Sunday! They should just stay open all year round.

They have the coldest temperatures on earth over there in New jersey that is why.

sixflagsfan3793 - Stop being an idiot. You have been warned privately and now I'm making your last warning public.

Sad day. Pour one out for the giant hands on the old Chiller observatory building. From GAH:

"The new Justice League ride will be accompanied by new and rethemed food stands and a JL gift shop at the ride's exit. Even the Chiller's observatory building will look different without its hands."

handstower.thumb.jpg.a62c548c83c4440ad4b285fa4f9d2fc6.jpg

handstower2.thumb.jpg.8bb62fe0430cb42dba9d310a46a485cc.jpg

Its very handy that GAH was able to provide us with these photos so we could see firsthand how the hands are being removed. The construction crew seems to have all hands on deck. You gotta hand it to them - its smart of them to get use this break in the winter weather to get an upper hand on construction. Pretty soon they'll be finished and can hand the ride over to the park.

Now who the hell is excited for this ride!?!? Can I get a show of hands?

Sad day. Pour one out for the giant hands on the old Chiller observatory building. From GAH:

"The new Justice League ride will be accompanied by new and rethemed food stands and a JL gift shop at the ride's exit. Even the Chiller's observatory building will look different without its hands."

Aw! That really sucks!

Its very handy that GAH was able to provide us with these photos so we could see firsthand how the hands are being removed. The construction crew seems to have all hands on deck. You gotta hand it to them - its smart of them to get use this break in the winter weather to get an upper hand on construction. Pretty soon they'll be finished and can hand the ride over to the park.

Now who the hell is excited for this ride!?!? Can I get a show of hands?

Me! I tell you what. Gotta be pretty handy to do all of that construction.

Harry over at GAH just pointed out something interesting on the park map on the Six Flags app. It depicts a pathway connecting Plaza del Carnival behind the bathroom with the bottom portion of the Golden Kingdom:

Keep in mind this isn't the 2017 map as JL:BFM is not depicted on it. However, it's not on the official 2016 park map. I didn't use the app much this year so I don't know if this was always there or if it's in fact a new development. Anyone on here able to provide more insight?

The path kinda exists already (see red), even tho it doesnt connect to right behind the bathrooms (blue arrow) but that sure looks like a Fright Fest trail there (green circle). Not to mention there is not much space between that bathroom and Tango. I think its just a mistake. Tho it could connect to the other side of Tango. I'd be OK with that. Don't mind me I've been drinking.

newpath.jpg.3ffa915fc291ed0702af30c6a0626d6b.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I'm sober now, and...

Great Adventure Readies New Ride For 2017

JACKSON – A new themed area and ride will debut at Six Flags Great Adventure for the 2017 park season.

Ground broke late last year and crews are currently working on the roof of the building for the park’s 4D dark ride/interactive gaming adventure in 2017 called Justice League: Battle for Metropolis.

“Progress is moving steadily on our newly themed area, Metropolis, as well as the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis ride. Our team has been working hard through the winter weather, and we are nearing completion on the building that houses the ride,” Neal Thurman, president of Six Flags Great Adventure, Safari and Hurricane Harbor, told The Jackson Times. “Next, we will focus on all of the mechanical and theming elements inside the new Hall of Justice.”

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis will create a virtual world in which riders can fight alongside favorite DC Comics heroes including Batman, Superman and Wonder Women to defeat arch villains Lex Luthor and The Joker.

“This is an extremely complex and high-tech attraction that will combine the excitement of a roller coaster with 3D imagery, 4D special effects plus interactive gaming elements. This ride will be perfect for kids and thrill seekers alike,” Thurman said. “The competitive gaming aspect will pull riders back again and again, trying to reach a higher score and outperform their friends.”

Guests can check out the progress on social media. “We have videos of construction posted on our YouTube channel and have been keeping guests posted on construction via Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Currently, they are working on the roof of the building. Once the building is complete, they can begin to work on the ride inside,” GA communications director Kristin Siebeneicher said.

Thurman added that it’s the perfect time to open the attraction, with the Wonder Woman movie releasing this summer and the first Justice League movie following in autumn.

“It’s truly the Summer of Super Heroes, and Six Flags Great Adventure will offer a series of fun events all season long that celebrate these iconic characters,” Thurman said. “Justice League: Battle for Metropolis is free with park admission, Season Pass and active Membership. Innovation is in our DNA, and we can’t wait for guests to experience this unique, intense, cutting edge thrill ride this summer.”

Videos of the construction can be viewed on GA’s YouTube channel, youtube.com/user/SixFlagsGrAdventure.

JLBFM1.thumb.jpg.804895e8620ae69a09e0bea675d5af20.jpg

JLBFM2.thumb.jpg.853b646a3e9d6d0ba82601ce42e8ca15.jpg

JLBFM3.thumb.jpg.7924cd24e661cacaf437044729af3236.jpg

So... Metropolis. This is the first time we're hearing of a new themed area, yes? Or did I miss this? And since they are not reopening Old Country will this now be an 'extension' of Movie Town (starting passed Dark Knight) or is this a completely rethemed Movie Town (i.e. are we calling everything from the arcade/Movie Town portal on "Metropolis" now)?

Odd choice if all of Movietown is converting, considering it has 2 Batman rides, a Batman themed stunt arena and our Superman themed coaster is in a totally different area of the park. Hopefully if this is the case they at least put halfway decent effort in the theming.

Odd choice if all of Movietown is converting, considering it has 2 Batman rides, a Batman themed stunt arena and our Superman themed coaster is in a totally different area of the park. Hopefully if this is the case they at least put halfway decent effort in the theming.

You also have Bizarro, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, and Joker in other areas.