TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ LOL! This thread is usually poppin but not much to talk about at the park since all they're doing is putting up a building for our new dark ride. Certainly not as enthralling as a coaster going up. If you need updates on that follow the parks snapchat. Lots of photos of walls and sh*t.

Although here's some FOOD news... Nathans is OUT and a generic SF cheesesteak joint is IN!

For those that don't know the park recently updated their app and it now lists three new eateries, "Boardwalk Steak & Fries", "Munchopolis", and "Metro Grill". It was also mentioned at the recent East Coaster geek convention @ Hershey a few weeks back that Nathans in fact would not be returning this season BUT that all of the hot dogs throughout the park would be Nathans dogs. I'm a little butthurt about this personally since I'd frequent Nathans thanks to their stellar fries and short wait times for dining pass food. Ugh. Oh well.

While it hasn't been confirmed that the newly listed "Boardwalk Steak & Fries" is actually going in Nathans location as its the only of the three new spots that doesn't have a map spot on the app to confirm where its going, but with the info provided at the geek convention about Nathans leaving, and the name of the new spot, I'd say its a given.

"Munchopolis" is going in the food court near Batman/across from TDK according to the app and since Macho and Mama's are still listed there its a good guess thats its replacing the semi-permanent location of Waffle De Lys, another bummer. Hopefully they'll be back for Fright Fest/HITP because those waffles are f*cking amazing.

"Metro Grill" apparently will fill the stand next to Freefalls old pad, which is conveniently placed on the path you have to walk on to get to the flashy new JLBFM ride, as it was also mentioned/confirmed at the geek convention that the park WILL NOT be opening the Old Country path this season, which makes sense for SF since there is no retail/food locations on that path but now quite a few in MovieTown.

The silver lining here is that if you have a dining pass all three of these new food spots are on it. And Bill can rest easy that Panda Express is staying (for now) and NOT going on the dining plan.

Also, let's all take comfort in the fact that none of this is anywhere near the best coaster in the park. Ole!

Some screen shots from the app:

676605727_BWSampF.thumb.jpg.2f9643c43b47a6ff6928ee78eadbfba2.jpg

1286378141_BWSampF2.thumb.jpg.f20ae718b6297bc507bbb25bcde940e3.jpg

Note the Icee is in, which means Slurpee might be out! (or its typo)

126999389_BWSampF3.thumb.jpg.038599348fe9dc72cec7aa655266c980.jpg

Screenshot_20170210-125415.thumb.png.39227afb101a5ae6b9df6c7cf7c1c6ce.png

Location is likely the stand near Freefalls old pad

have you heard if more Coke Freestyle machines are being added around the park?

^ LOL! This thread is usually poppin but not much to talk about at the park since all they're doing is putting up a building for our new dark ride. Certainly not as enthralling as a coaster going up. If you need updates on that follow the parks snapchat. Lots of photos of walls and sh*t.

Although here's some FOOD news... Nathans is OUT and a generic SF cheesesteak joint is IN!

For those that don't know the park recently updated their app and it now lists three new eateries, "Boardwalk Steak & Fries", "Munchopolis", and "Metro Grill". It was also mentioned at the recent East Coaster geek convention @ Hershey a few weeks back that Nathans in fact would not be returning this season BUT that all of the hot dogs throughout the park would be Nathans dogs. I'm a little butthurt about this personally since I'd frequent Nathans thanks to their stellar fries and short wait times for dining pass food. Ugh. Oh well.

While it hasn't been confirmed that the newly listed "Boardwalk Steak & Fries" is actually going in Nathans location as its the only of the three new spots that doesn't have a map spot on the app to confirm where its going, but with the info provided at the geek convention about Nathans leaving, and the name of the new spot, I'd say its a given.

"Munchopolis" is going in the food court near Batman/across from TDK according to the app and since Macho and Mama's are still listed there its a good guess thats its replacing the semi-permanent location of Waffle De Lys, another bummer. Hopefully they'll be back for Fright Fest/HITP because those waffles are f*cking amazing.

"Metro Grill" apparently will fill the stand next to Freefalls old pad, which is conveniently placed on the path you have to walk on to get to the flashy new JLBFM ride, as it was also mentioned/confirmed at the geek convention that the park WILL NOT be opening the Old Country path this season, which makes sense for SF since there is no retail/food locations on that path but now quite a few in MovieTown.

The silver lining here is that if you have a dining pass all three of these new food spots are on it. And Bill can rest easy that Panda Express is staying (for now) and NOT going on the dining plan.

Also, let's all take comfort in the fact that none of this is anywhere near the best coaster in the park. Ole!

Some screen shots from the app:

I'm liking the new restaurant additions to Movietown! Glad to see the area starting to bounce back from the dark years.

Breakfast sandwiches in the park? Interesting....

Breakfast sandwiches make zero sense being the park doesn't open till 1030. The park has no early ride time. and food stands don't usually open till 1130 or noon.

Haven't you ever eaten breakfast for dinner?

What time the clock says does not matter when there is bacon involved, my friend.

nope, i don't eat breakfast for dinner

Whats stopping you? Afraid of diverging from the societal norm?

What time the clock says does not matter when there is bacon involved, my friend.

Word.

There's a reason why McDonald's started offering its breakfast menu all day. It's because breakfast rocks our collective socks.

#BrinnerFTW

True . . . . I know when I go this season, I'll look forward to munching on some form of bacon after getting rock on El Toro

Yea, I'm also disappointed that Nathan's is gone because I loved getting their cheese fries.

Super excited about the sub place as me and my brothers have said it would be amazing if they had subs.

I'm interested in the breakfast sandwiches, hoping there's a vegetarian option so I don't have to ask for the sandwich without meat (the workers always have no idea why I don't want it with meat). And 12PM-1PM is like prime time for an egg sandwich in my opinion. I used to get out of these classes I was taking, at around 1, and I loved going to Wawa and getting Egg Sizzlis.

This is seriously disappointing. Nathan's is the second best hot dog on the planet, next to Pink's. I had hoped to get one when I visit this summer. Oh well, I'll find another place to eat.

I thought the big takeaway from all that would be the non-opening of the Old Country path but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

It'll be open for Holiday in the Park and Holiday in the Park is all that matters anyway so I'm cool with it.

The park better quadruple the amount of lights for HITP. I have neighbors who put up more xmas lights then SFGADv. #sad

Shame the park won't be open this weekend since its gonna be 65 degrees and sunny on Sunday! They should just stay open all year round.

They have the coldest temperatures on earth over there in New jersey that is why.

Yeah I wouldn't know about temperatures in New Jersey. Thanks for the heads up. Its so incredibly far from me. You've been so helpful, honestly not sure what I'd do without your continuous barrage of extraordinarily helpful posts.