TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

This is random... but word on the street is that Panda Express is returning next year and is still not being replaced with a crappy Chop Six.

This is excellent news. If I keep hearing my buddy talk about sfmm chop six, I'm going to strangle him. Free or not. No way chop six is as good as panda express.

Well in 2015 no one showed up for those suddenly announced "bonus weekend days" between FF and HITP and they did those again this year. And again no one showed. We need more days like that.

This is random... but word on the street is that Panda Express is returning next year and is still not being replaced with a crappy Chop Six.

This is excellent news. If I keep hearing my buddy talk about sfmm chop six, I'm going to strangle him. Free or not. No way chop six is as good as panda express.

The only reason anyone wants Chop Six is because it's on the dining pass, but with complaints of super long waits for food with the Dining Pass during HITP and Fright Fest I'll happily wait 5 minutes and pony up the cash for better food at Panda Express while I scroll through post after post about how awful the food lines are on Facebook.

The former Park President stated during a Q&A after the Joker construction tour that each park with a current Panda Express contract would honor that contract. At the time, all he said was that Panda Express would not be replaced during the 2016 season, but did not state when the contract ends at SFGAdv. Yes, I ask the important questions when I cover an event for TPR.

Hours have been posted for the only season at Great Adventure that matters.

There are really only 2 things to note here...

1) I feel like November 18th and 19th will likely end up being HITP weekends, but right now the hours suggest otherwise. If they're not HITP weekends, the park will likely be empty. If they are it will likely be packed.

2) I fully expect them to open on New Year's Day, but that hasn't been posted yet.

Untitled.jpg.cf8b67cf55854f4f8bec8a6ee1da8c32.jpg

Untitled2.jpg.1cc6db28799e2a7262a0068fa3299d92.jpg

The only reason anyone wants Chop Six is because it's on the dining pass, but with complaints of super long waits for food with the Dining Pass during HITP and Fright Fest I'll happily wait 5 minutes and pony up the cash for better food at Panda Express while I scroll through post after post about how awful the food lines are on Facebook.

get rid of the damn dining times, that will help with waits

Except for between 3-4, the only times you can not get a meal are before 11AM, before most of the food places are open, and after 8PM. Most food places have less workers after 8PM, so extending the hours would allow you to wait in line when less workers can help you. Few people eat meals that late How would it help wait times?

The one hour gap between 3PM and 4PM is to prevent people from easily gaming the system and sharing two meals between two people at the same time.

The only issue I have with the times is that I can't get a snack between 8PM and before closing.

Edited by larrygator

Except for between 3-4, the only times you can not get a meal are before 11AM, before most of the food places are open, and after 8PM. Most food places have less workers after 8PM, so extending the hours would allow you to wait in line when less workers can help you. Few people eat meals that late How would it help wait times?

The one hour gap between 3PM and 4PM is to prevent people from easily gaming the system and sharing two meals between two people at the same time.

The only issue I have with the times is that I can't get a snack between 8PM and before closing.

that's a issue too. snack should go to closing

Yeah, but I'll take the 'free' food. I don't have a problem with Chop Six.

^ Can't we, you know, blow it up? Make a grand spectacle out of it for a July 4th event or something? Make it a double feature with Houdini being blown to smithereens?

But... its used for a crappy Fright Fest trail.

Also, hush about Houdini. I love that thing. It just needs a tuneup.