TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

This is honestly pretty exciting news. Last year they closed the frontier area for their bonus weekend. I guess this year they're only planning on closing the Safari (and it's not entirely closed if you want to pony up the cash for the Grape Adventure Safari Package).

Anyone here done this? I plan on doing it this year.

Bill did it and can tell you more about it. I originally planned to do it earlier this month and my plans got changed so I'll be doing it next year!

Amazing news on round-trip Skyride for HITP!!!

^ Fact. Gotta love the smell of peppermint, cocoa, and pine needles everywhere. And riding a hypercoaster in freezing weather because their ops teams just don't care about "recommended guidelines" and the like. I'm ready for HITP to start already! Let's do it!

^and^^ This. Half the reason I'm excited for my Gold Pass is to visit Holiday in the Park at Great Adventure. The TR's from last year look like so much fun. Plus I want to say I rode Nitro in December/January. Whenever I go.

They don't open Kingda Ka and El Toro for Holiday in the park? Will finally be close enough this Thanksgiving to go but probably won't bother if those are not open.

See, so for this season to add to the awesomeness from last year, they're adding Joker, Harley Quinn, Skyway and a celebrity appearance from Millennium Force's #1 ride op. How could you miss out on an event like that? Where's your holiday spirit? You can ride a god damn 80 MPH hypercoaster when it's below freezing in New Jersey in January along with a killer invert, a fun flyer, an awesome 4D coaster and if you hate yourself... a sh*tty standup. What more could you possibly ask for?

Plus those waffles and

Oh and sorry for the double post but "choo choo", "get twisted" and Safari are officially closed for the season (though Safari is open as an upcharge for Grape Adventure this weekend).

Strangely the chutes are not listed as closed for the season. This either means that they're putting the "tree" on it faster than normal so it will run for at least 1 bonus weekend before closing, or they may actually run for Holiday in the Park (most likely with the "tree" in place). I guess it could also be a typo though since obviously Soaring Eagle should be listed as "closed for the season" and it isn't.

Link

They don't open Kingda Ka and El Toro for Holiday in the park? Will finally be close enough this Thanksgiving to go but probably won't bother if those are not open.

See, so for this season to add to the awesomeness from last year, they're adding Joker, Harley Quinn, Skyway and a celebrity appearance from Millennium Force's #1 ride op. How could you miss out on an event like that? Where's your holiday spirit? You can ride a god damn 80 MPH hypercoaster when it's below freezing in New Jersey in January along with a killer invert, a fun flyer, an awesome 4D coaster and if you hate yourself... a sh*tty standup. What more could you possibly ask for?

Plus those waffles and

I live in Atlanta, so could go to Holiday in the Park there if its similar. I'll be in DC, so it would still be an extra three hours from there to go to SFGAdv. I could do SFA but haven't heard many good things about it. I'm still up for it though. Just disappointed in missing the two best in the park.

Plus those waffles and

I'm starting to question our friendship upon discovering the glaring absence of Poinsettia Peak in your list of HITP awesomeness.

It looks like the Holiday in the Park website should be up soon and all of the HITP speculation can be settled. They're clearly working on it now and completely f**king up their entire website in the process.

Check out this "Fright Fest" promotion...

lol.jpg.e10939f680bb9fe491a319a23df7b644.jpg

Actually a new haunt maze themed to furries would be terrifying.

lol2.thumb.jpg.f76b514ba84973b2c99676a2ceeafe1c.jpg

That face is haunting.

lol3.thumb.jpg.7158664c65cb3f1a00e0200a2dfc93b2.jpg

The image size is perfect. Don't f**k with it.

start.jpg.86b05bd00c2cd7e1b94fc2e48f15c2fb.jpg

I don't want to be a "start", and I can't anyway because the link says I'm "not authorized".

Plus those waffles and

I live in Atlanta, so could go to Holiday in the Park there if its similar. I'll be in DC, so it would still be an extra three hours from there to go to SFGAdv. I could do SFA but haven't heard many good things about it. I'm still up for it though. Just disappointed in missing the two best in the park.

Magic Mountain has the best holiday in the park, because unlike the babies in NJ they open everything.

Magic Mountain has the best holiday in the park, because unlike the babies in NJ they open everything.

Valencia, CA doesn't see 5 degree fahrenheit temperatures, either. Also, Magic Mountain is a park full of Great Adventure's Bizzarro ops. Have fun with your 10 minute dispatch times.

1. The climates of Valencia, CA and Jackson, NJ are slightly different in December & January.

2. LMAO at the notion that Magic Mountain has the best of anything in the Six Flags chain.

Plus those waffles and

You lost me once you mentioned a awesome 4D coaster.