TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Kingda Ka is my drug. I love that thing.

Having rode TTD and KK this year within the same month, I find that TTD is smoother, but KK is way more intense. The rush I got on KK was way better than what TTD offered. It would be awesome for gadv to inVEST in the softer OTSR though, especially since they run two trains. That being said, I found the head banging to be tolerable. During my visit the park was empty and I got to ride twice in a row in the back seat and both rides kicked major butt. I left wondering why people thought it was UNTOLERABLE. Granted I grew up riding GASM and Viper at gadv so maybe my pain threshold is a lot higher.

I was at the park yesterday and just felt like saying what's probably been said quite a bit already - Bizarro could really use some love. The paint is faded, there's rust stains, and you can see some of the old bright yellow/green paint showing. Then don't get me started with the triple stacking...

But the fire is working, so I guess that's something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It wouldn't surprise me if they did away with the Bizarro themeing and restored the ride to its original lime green glory eventually. Although, it also wouldn't surprise me if the park ends up putting the ride on the chopping block soon.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did away with the Bizarro themeing and restored the ride to its original lime green glory eventually. Although, it also wouldn't surprise me if the park ends up putting the ride on the chopping block soon.

I would expect a relocation of the coaster before another retheme.

Joker seems to be confirmed for Holiday in the Park. It sounds like the parachute tower may open too though they had that in the initial press release too and it never came to be.

We’re well-known for thrills and serious coasters but we also have plenty family rides of that moms, dads and kids can all experience together. Nearly 30 thrilling rides such as SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel, Parachutes and Tea Cups will be running during Holiday in the Park!

Children can enjoy pint-sized thrills in the Adventure Seaport area. Coaster fans can challenge world-class rides like Nitro, BATMAN™: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster, Skull Mountain and THE JOKER weather permitting.

Link

Glad to hear there will be two bonus weekends between Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park.

More than a few school districts are closed the entire week November 7-11 due to Election Day and the Teacher's Convention. I suppose it's too much to ask to have the park open Monday and Wednesday of that week too.

This is honestly pretty exciting news. Last year they closed the frontier area for their bonus weekend. I guess this year they're only planning on closing the Safari (and it's not entirely closed if you want to pony up the cash for the Grape Adventure Safari Package).

Anyone here done this? I plan on doing it this year.

They're going to be open on the 8th?!?! That's awesome! I have off all that week, so I'll definitely be there that day (after I vote, of course)!

Same. Well, not the off all week part, that's awesome for you. But I definitely plan on doing my civic duty early and then jetting over to the park as a well-earned reward for keeping democracy running. (Plus, truth be told... it'll be nice to finally get a trip in without the kids for once.)

I went to Great Adventure this past summer (a 2 hour 45 minute drive for me from Columbia, MD). I was really impressed with Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro . . . . but in hindsight I've thought . . . why did they have to scrap Rolling Thunder? I thought it should've gotten the RMC treatment.

And Batman & Robin: The Chiller had so much potential, just too bad it was a mechanical nightmare.

I did go a couple of times with my parents when I was younger . . . .

And I'll definitely be making another trip up there next year to see the Justice League 4D dark ride. And hopefully they'll refurbish the Old Country area (yes I know the Autobahn bumper cars is on the exact spot of the infamous Haunted Castle)