TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

As a non-driver I don't have a whole hell of a lot to add to this conversation, but a couple times a year we'll drive over to the Pub in Pennsauken (which is awesome - if you've never been stop what you're doing and go eat some meat right now), and it's literally 5 minutes over the Ben Frankin Bridge, on one road (Admiral Wilson Blvd) that dumps us right in the parking lot. Getting back however, we have to traverse this thing

pub.jpg.0d0d236d9fce9cb4f0d2b21fe69abab8.jpg

to take the 5 minute drive back to the bridge to Philly, and without fail, every time - and we've done this drive 10-15 times by now - we take a wrong turn through this and somehow end up further in Jersey and it takes us a half hour to get home. You have thought we would have figured it out by now, and its simple when we do. But no. We almost never do. Its the only thing we hate about going there.

That's really exciting, though I assume its going to be a round trip since Frontier *should* be closed? How cool would it be if they decorated the Fort just for this? We'll get some great views from up there though since its a mild ride the lines should be decent for most of the event. I know Bill is jizzing in his pants at this news.

:lol:

I'd be thrilled if this was true. I assume they want to cut staffing as much as possible and just run 1 cable so please, I beg you... if you're any fun at all just load up 1 cable with only red and green cars. Please make this happen.

YES!!!! Perfect idea!

Thank you coasterbill, michaellynn4, & boldikus for all this information about New Jersey roads. This really helps out in preparing for my trip next week. I'm happy to say I do have an EZpass so I'm sure that'll help out a lot from what you described.

No problem, have fun! Do us all a favor while you're there and give the Bizarro crew some tips on how to dispatch trains before everyone on the brake run dies of old age.

Truest thing I've seen all week. It was literally 110 outside and we sat there baking alive for 10 minutes while they all sat at the booth talking. Worst coaster experience ever. And I've been stuck on the Skyrush and T3 brake run for more than 30 seconds

I don't get how you can have a crew like Toro (or any other ride in the park at that) literally a matter of feet away and this hot mess just down the road

No problem, have fun! Do us all a favor while you're there and give the Bizarro crew some tips on how to dispatch trains before everyone on the brake run dies of old age.

Seriously, they leave you out there to die sometimes.

3 trains running and it still double stacks.

I just don't understand why they use three trains. Even if they hustled a little - between the fact there are always only two restraint checkers, and the floors retracting, they still have no reason for all three trains.

Every time I've been on Bizarro the attendants just talk until the trains are stacking and then finally start checking the restraints, I wanted to be like "chop chop, hello? I get that there are no lines for this ride, but that shouldn't make you hustle any less because that time sitting out there could be spent riding something else"

Looking at next week, I see that the park is randomly open on Wednesday (Oct. 12th) during the week. I am seeing that I don't have to work that day and was thinking on doing another trip, but was wondering if there might be school groups or something else I would have to contend with. What do you guys think?

Looking at next week, I see that the park is randomly open on Wednesday (Oct. 12th) during the week. I am seeing that I don't have to work that day and was thinking on doing another trip, but was wondering if there might be school groups or something else I would have to contend with. What do you guys think?

October 12th is Yom Kippur. Public schools in most of NJ and all of NYC have school off.

Compared to the unholy hell it used to be:

800px-Marlton_circle.jpg

Man if you think jughandles are bad, try getting through a busy one of these. THAT one actually used to have traffic lights to have some semblance of civility. There are plenty still out there with just yield signs, better known in New Jersey as "F**k off, you yield for me" signs.

I'm pretty late to the party, but who thought this was a good idea?

I would never know about these things about jughandles, so thanks for posting all if this.

Anyways, back to Great Adventure...