TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Went on Friday night but only stayed til around 10 cause my nephew was tired. Got on Batman, Nitro and Zumanjaro.

Basically went to eat and see the shows and stuff. Like that Dead Mans Party is in the stunt arena now, thats smart.

Park was crowded, gone opening fright fest for last few years and we've always done well, never really crowded. I'm not sure but was that because they did pass holders only on the first night in the past?

Or maybe we just lucked up last few years cause it was way more crowded on Fri night.

There were way more of the people walking around, some good makeup as well.

My nephew couldnt take his eyes of this girl.

Overall a good night, will be going back on Oct 15th and Halloween weekend cause my cousin is coming in with his kids.

Going to a wedding next weekend in Virginia and will be taking my first trip to Kings Dominion so I'm looking forward to that.

14292331_10154608487291349_3777217602148867092_n.jpg.217e73a4d5f82a5405a1dd40134cfe23.jpg

It was super crazy this Saturday, but lines were moving.

Bizarro had a 10 minute wait, Nitro was 15 minutes (from the 60 minute sign), Batman had a station wait.

Runway Mine Train was the longest wait, about 45 minutes because the crew was slow, a train every 5 minutes.

Not sure about any other rides because we catered to children, but I'm heading back this Friday, and I used to get insanely lucky on Friday's but that maybe have changed.

I have Yom Kippur (Wednesday, October 12) off coming up and saw that Great Adventure is open. Anyone have any experience with a visit in the middle of the week in October? I know well enough to avoid Columbus Day weekend at the park but thought this could be a a nice day with relatively light crowds.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I need some planning help. I'm looking at going to Great Adventure next August, probably on a weekday. I really want to do the safari. It's still iffy on how much time I'll be able to take off work, but I may only have one day to spend at Great Adventure. If I get the Platinum pass, is it possible to do all the coasters, all the water rides, and notable flats like the parachutes in one day, while also doing the safari? I'd love to spend two days at Hershey, Knoebels, and here, but let's face it, if I have to remove one day from one of these parks, this one's going to get the cut first.