TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ Go back about 10 pages. We just talked about it a few days ago.

I went back and found it. Thanks. Good info.

BTW I saw you referring to an app to give you line wait times. What app is this?

And thanks again for all your quick responses.

The Six Flags app. Put your season pass on there and it'll tell you wait times while you're in the park.

^

Ive had the app for a while but this last weekend was the first time I actually used it for wait times. It was surprisingly accurate.

Note that like the wait time signs in the queues, the app seems to give you the time it would take on each ride running just one train. For instance on Nitro if the line reaches the 60 minute sign, but they have 3 trains on its likely 20-30 minutes. If the crew is hustling (unlike this past Sunday) even shorter. This is also the case on Toro - just take the wait time and if there are two trains running cut the wait time in half. People don't realize this when getting in line. The app seemed to do the same - said Nitro was an hour and we waited almost 40 mins with 3 trains on and a slow-as-molasses crew. Later at night the app said 20 and we got on in 10. Toro said 20 on the app for our sunset ride and we actually waited 10-15.

^ Yeah and I can confirm its also accurate, I totally forgot we checked that against the app twice on Sunday and both had the same times. Really handy if you live right nearby and can't decide if you want to pop over.

Speaking of the app, if you're not in the park I have something to share with the class but keep this on the DL.

I don't remember who made it but they posted it in the Ask Alvey thread awhile ago. It pulls data from the app so you don't have to be in the park to view wait times.

Thank's for this!!! Also thank's to boldikus for the app info. I bought my season pass and I'm going tonight at 5:30. If I ever run into you guys a beer is on me for the help!!

I printed out the pass receipt but I still have to get a laminated pass right? Any tips on getting the actual pass? Should I get there early and go straight to guest services? Or go ride a few coasters first?

This also came with the parking pass. The parking attendant will accept this print out right? Or do I have to pay for the 1st night of parking?

Sorry if this is too many noob questions but hey...I'm a noob.

Show the voucher to parking attendant, they'll scan it and let you in. When you get to the main gate show the voucher to them and they'll fingerprint you and give you your card and tell you to sign it. Parking is added automatically if your voucher reflects that you paid for that. That's it. Easy peasy. No need to go to guest services unless you have the dining or shopping plan.

Hi,

I'm Balázs from Budapest, Hungary and I just registered to this site. I plan to visit a US theme park for the first time in my life and I'd like to get some info from you guys.

First, which is the best park to visit as a foreigner? I really love B&M coasters, I want to try Kingda Ka or Top Thrill Dragster (or any other similar coaster) and of course a freefall ride. I cant really decice between SFGAdv, SFMM and Cedar Point. Maybe Orlando, FL because there are Universal Studios and Seaworld fairly close to each other. Which one would you recommend most? Or any other park, maybe where are 2 closeby?

Second, what is the best time to visit if I want the least waiting time on rides? I was thinking this fall, with a long opening hour (Saturday or Sunday) but that may mean more waiting time...

Thank you for the ideas in advance.

I went last night right when they opened at 5:30.

Went right to Kingda Ka but they didn't open it until 6:05 so we waited for 35 minutes. All the while watching El Toro running trains with 2 people and with 4 or 5 people on them. It was killing me!!! We finally got in and were 3rd from front row so we waited. Front row on Ka is amazing!!!! I felt like I couldn't breathe. The Best!!! We then re-rode it (with no wait time) in the back row but it's not nearly as good.

We then hit El Toro twice, Bizarro and Runaway Mine Train...Not a single line on any of them.

Skyway to… Nitro where it was "crowded" (5 minute wait) then hit Batman and walked right to the front row no wait!!!

We then took in a few Fright Fest shows that were OK. Then SkyScreamer and then we were out!

What a night!! People were there and things were happening but there were no lines!!! The weather was perfect!!

With a few pro tips from coasterbill and boldikus...it was smooth sailing!!

Perfect night!!

Thanks guy's!!

Hi,

I'm Balázs from Budapest, Hungary and I just registered to this site. I plan to visit a US theme park for the first time in my life and I'd like to get some info from you guys.

First, which is the best park to visit as a foreigner? I really love B&M coasters, I want to try Kingda Ka or Top Thrill Dragster (or any other similar coaster) and of course a freefall ride. I cant really decice between SFGAdv, SFMM and Cedar Point. Maybe Orlando, FL because there are Universal Studios and Seaworld fairly close to each other. Which one would you recommend most? Or any other park, maybe where are 2 closeby?

Second, what is the best time to visit if I want the least waiting time on rides? I was thinking this fall, with a long opening hour (Saturday or Sunday) but that may mean more waiting time...

Thank you for the ideas in advance.

The obvious choice would definitely be Cedar Point. They have Top Thrill Dragster which you want to try, they have a drop tower, they have Raptor, Valravn, Rougarou and Gatekeeper (great selection of B&Ms), Maverick and Magnum XL 200 will blow your mind, and Millennium Force is overrated but still great. Another park with amazing B&M coasters is Busch Gardens Williamsburg or Busch Gardens Tampa. I would personally choose Williamsburg, since Kings Dominion is close by. But then again, Tampa is near Orlando, but that will be overpriced and more expensive. Another option would be Pennsylvania. If you want to experience the best parts of classic American culture, Knoebels is the way to go. It's actually my favorite park, and Knoebels, Hershey, and Dorney Park are all 1 1/2 hours or so apart from each other. Great Adventure has great coasters, but it's not the best when it comes to getting a full experience. I would narrow it down to Cedar Point, Pennsylvania parks, Florida parks and the Virginia parks. It kind of depends on what you want the most. Looking at a lot of videos of these parks and seeing their full ride collection on their websites will definitely help a lot. Good luck with your trip!

Edit: The best times generally for any park would be around June, and going on weekdays to any park is the best option.

it opened with the park last Sunday. You could always go to Liberty Pub next to Flash Pass HQs or Skybar across from Skyscreamer. Also there is another newer Macho Nacho in Movietown but that was closed last week.

Waiting for El Toro now. One train op currently. Is that normal?!

Going to throw in a quick edit.

That may have been the best roller coaster I've ever been on lol. We rode last car. Middle row. Going to go again and take advantage of double riding.

That's not the norm, they almost always run 2 trains.

That may have been the best roller coaster I've ever been on lol. We rode last car. Middle row. Going to go again and take advantage of double riding.

We just left after riding two more times and it was still running only two. There were four or five guys out working on it.

Guys... this flash pass has been so worth it!

Also, we are still here. If you see us. Say hi! I'm on the left. My name is Cyrus.

IMG_0649.thumb.JPG.b4d82b1ea98819cd57b510ac729dcd02.JPG

We just left after riding two more times and it was still running only two. There were four or five guys out working on it.

Guys... this flash pass has been so worth it!

Also, we are still here. If you see us. Say hi! I'm on the left. My name is Cyrus.

Toro only has the two trains. And glad you enjoyed it. It never gets old, and that second to last row is absolutely the best seat on it.

Hi,

Depends on how much coasters you have done. If you're picky, Great Adv. or Cedar Point. If you have a lot of catching up to do, the parks further south are somewhat to substantially less crowded. Kings Dominion and BGW down here in Virginia are a great 2 day combo.

El Toro went down for most of the night tonight, it was crazy busy, but the lines for the B&Ms were non stop moving. Nitro from the 60 minute sign was at most 10-15 minutes.

Longest wait of the day was Runaway Mine Train, shortest was Batman.

Got on Runaway Mine Train x2, Nitro, Batman, Bizarro, Ferris Wheel, Skyride 2x, Off Road Safari.

The only reason we didn't ride more is because we had 2 children, one is only 3.5 and the other 5, and hard to manage, so our group trades off and I'm the ride partner.

I'm going next Friday, just me and my friend, no children so it's my time to shine next week, If you see me (bridge piercing, both nostrils and septum, all black jewelry, and I'll probably have my black sclera lenses in for Fright Fest, say hi, I'm nice)

Edited by B&MIntaminGCI