TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Back 2 Black

It would look so much more intimidating, wouldn't blend in with Nitro anymore and would set the tone for Gotham City if the park goes for a re-theme. Which they might have hinted at this morning on snapchat.

Gotcha. Bummer, oh well next time!

I'm surprised by the amount of security guards today! They seem to be all over the park especially in the coaster lines. It's nice to see they are keeping everyone safe and stopping the line cutters, but I never remember seeing this many. Maybe it's because I usually come in the slower portions of the season.

Overall it's a nice afternoon in the park! Finally did the safari today, what a great way to spend an hour!

Gotcha. Bummer, oh well next time!

I'm surprised by the amount of security guards today! They seem to be all over the park especially in the coaster lines. It's nice to see they are keeping everyone safe and stopping the line cutters, but I never remember seeing this many. Maybe it's because I usually come in the slower portions of the season.

Overall it's a nice afternoon in the park! Finally did the safari today, what a great way to spend an hour!

Funny, we were there yesterday and didn't see one. To be fair I didn't see any issues either.

That and the old grey track/black support scheme of SFMM's Batman were always my two favorite color combos for that ride. Our Batman's yellow is too bright and almost plastic-looking for my taste. Would love a new paint job, although Nitro needs that TLC $ far more.

I like the idea of all blue or all black for Batman. Nitro has the yellow on lockdown in that section of the park. The yellow on yellow grinds my gears as much as the two green coasters next to each other on the other side of the park.

I agree!

I always felt like naming Kingda KA "The Flash" instead was a real opportunity wasted... Plus a giant yellow track with red supports would have been a much cooler looking ride rather than the green/blue they went with.

So basically a Reverse TTD?

I agree!

I always felt like naming Kingda KA "The Flash" instead was a real opportunity wasted... Plus a giant yellow track with red supports would have been a much cooler looking ride rather than the green/blue they went with.

HAIL, NO!!! The Blue/Green of Kingda Ka is one of my favorite color combos for any coaster, anywhere! Heck, it's one of the reasons I like KK more than that ugly yellow TTD!

I participated in an online survey today from Six Flags regarding SFGAdv. Not surprisingly, it was all about Justice League

SFMM email people got them too. They mainly talked about if they'd heard of the Justice League and what Justice League themed ride name did you like the best

I was at the park today, and I must say it was the worst for operations! I've been there many times too. What a mess... Very unimpressive.

Superman opened 25 minutes late

Green Lantern opened 20 minutes late

El Toro opened at around 4pm.

Joker never opened.

Nitro was down frequently this afternoon for long periods of time.

^ ugh that sucks a lot. I'm going Monday, and hopefully that doesn't happen to me. This will likely be the only time I'll be able to go for a very long time. Speaking of, there's a chance of rain that day and it's pretty high. For the locals, are the crowds bad with rain? Thanks!

The legendary "Great Adventure Bubble" is real. Terrible storms that come through the area always seem to bypass the park. Even if it does rain, the park has one of the most lenient weather policies in the country. Short of a tornado or some other act of God, you should be fine.