TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

When did you leave? When I was at Batman I walked right into the station, and was immediately grouped into row 8. If it was because of the heat/crowds I understand, but I hope this isn't permanent.

Edited by Genx24

Just got back from the park with Nick (Genx24). It was pretty crowded today with 20+ minute waits for all the rides besides Batman, but at least we got on a good amount of rides. We got one ride each on the following:

Joker

Skull Mt

Nitro

Batman

El Toro

Some notes on the 3 hours we were there:

- Really makes me sick how many entitled assholes populate the park on crowded days. Two different instances today of people not following park rules and then getting mad when employees responded. First on Joker a woman's phone fell out of her pocket during the ride. One of the attedents told her there is nothing they could do. She then leaves the station only to return 5 minutes later and walk through the exit platform right up to the ride attendent to complain again. Something extremely dangerous since the ride was cycling. Eventually security was called to handle it. Second was the dingus who brought his bag on El Toro and got upset when the employees told him he couldn't ride.

- Attendants were making the line stop to wait in the shade on the Joker which I found odd.

- double stacking galore today

- El Toro Ryan's face said it all today. He looke mentally exhausted, I could totally understand why.

- It was definitely a very "Six Flags" day. Every standard Six Flags problem you could find.

- Oh an there was a grouper on Batman. Hope this isn't the new norm. I think it was due to crowds.

I was over by Batman around 3PM.

They weren't doing the "wait in shade" thing when I was in line for Joker, but I'm glad they eventually implemented it. Makes sense why - they're working to keep the amount of wait time in the hot July sun to a minimum.

I agree with the double-stacking - was a big problem on Nitro. However, I can't blame the ride-ops, they weren't slacking in my eyes. What held up each train were, as Jcoaster said, entitled assholes. Every train had at least one moron who had their phone out or tried to ride with a loose article in their lap (bag, purse, etc). On top of that, there seemed to be at least one rider per train, if not more, who needed extra help fitting into the restraints. The two trains in front of us waiting to get back into the station each had two walk of shames, and Nitro is normally a pretty forgiving ride. That doesn't even count the ones who fit after a few shoves. Never has the Great Fattening of America been on more prominent display.

I only rode El Toro, Joker, Nitro, and the Sky Ride. Other than the issues with Nitro (which I hold the general public more accountable for than ride ops), I had no real complaints.

^ Yes entitled people were definitely rampant yesterday as well as fat people not being able to get on rides. Like you said Nitro is one of the more if not the most forgiving style of ride restraints in the industry.

I really wanted to get on Zumanjaro yesterday since I have not ridden it yet this season. But the walk in the heat back there plus the idea that someone was going to be an entitled moron and hold up the line (theme of the day) just prompted us to head to Wawa early.

Anybody there today? I'm heading out around 1 to get there roundabout 2:30ish. How's crowds? Seems like it's a real scorcher out in Jackson today, looks like temps are sitting around 95F. We're hoping for a very quiet day but it's Great Adventure in July so.... yeah....

Happy to see work, but when I think Gotham I don't really think brightly colored taco stands lol!

Going to the park tomorrow afternoon-evening, anyone else going to be there?

I agree, very weird choice. Love Macho Nacho and its a welcome addition to Movietown, I just wish they switched up the theming and colors to match the area.

I am so excited to see what that area looks like next year after JL opens.

Happy to see work, but when I think Gotham I don't really think brightly colored taco stands

It's Movietown, not Gotham. Just imagine you're in a movie where tacos are served. And more importantly MORE BEER!

Also hopefully this means we'll have Macho Nacho for HITP.

I posted a quick trip report a page ago, but here are some photos. Mind you I played Pokemon Go most of the time.

image.thumb.jpeg.f8b89b167afd746db10864897c3bdc0e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2b56bdb8a0143022ed77b18616271026.jpeg

A very random use of wood.

image.thumb.jpeg.aa1f233e2577e4cb6551d9f42e25e8df.jpeg

Hit the gong, win a prize. That simple.

image.thumb.jpeg.3d98f5db81530c544aa099378857bb43.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.80f58ed167b09e31430f3d0c3905e710.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6788111cf4af1c82e786ee70f971e5f4.jpeg

Gong Fu is now in operation.

image.thumb.png.640f1971b2267101b0755fe7716fbf11.png

image.thumb.png.2ef00be74d15d7f5fb7a5482862392eb.png

image.thumb.png.9eac5a52ee0d8170ad63499b3c48db5c.png

The sounds of silence.

image.thumb.png.58aa612f44e4ae234a81b419d5162479.png

This isn't right, either.

image.thumb.png.b29f1e41b0e3080c2b956ff1973b4f8e.png

image.thumb.png.a5c52cec90a60db3ffb9beaf54ff56a3.png

image.thumb.png.2bd109b141487f6b07c26a6f0faca2a0.png

image.thumb.png.9f02c41a52674aa123fb2d23afdebd77.png

image.thumb.png.e0bae24aefedc3a17cb6c8eb9a738e5a.png

image.thumb.png.64a574f42d3270683cd53bcb76430312.png

Well this isn't right.

Glad the revitalization of Movie Town is beginning during the season. It's going to be a lot different back there next year.

Praying for a Batman repaint - that blue they used at Magic Mountain is damn pretty.

Especially next to Nitro, Batman's paint has never made sense to me. And Magic Mountain's looks beautiful.

Glad the revitalization of Movie Town is beginning during the season. It's going to be a lot different back there next year.

Praying for a Batman repaint - that blue they used at Magic Mountain is damn pretty.

And would look great up against our colorful new taco joint!

I don't want to nitpick aesthetics at Great Adventure but I agree that the blue paint would look awesome on Batman. Still, their #1 priority should be painting Superman. It looks like hell and it's the first thing everyone sees on the way in.