TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Not sure if its the same with Joker on Platinum but I had to pay an upcharge on the Platinum FP @ SFOG to ride Dare Devil Dive and not only did they reserve it for me when I got the Qbot but then it expired after like 15 minutes after my reservation, before I could use it. I went back and complained and they gave me another reservation.

Get your last rides in on Nitro. 3+ hour waits are coming soon.

13512126_10209806143700713_3707219571812893649_n.jpg?oh=711b3ab859c806446f034be7dd36d547&oe=5806DADB

Per CJ at the Great Adventure Connoisseurs group (who generally knows what he's talking about) they're testing headsets on Nitro to see how comfortable they are on the ride. It's a new style which should make loading less terrible but we all know how that'll probably work out.

If this happens I won't be back until Holiday in the Park.

rip Nitro capacity. Remember when B&Ms used to be capacity monsters?

I have a new drinking game idea... go to the Sky Bar and get a good view of Nitro. Then pull up the Fury 325 cam on your phone.

Every time Fury rolls out 3 trains in the time it takes the Nitro crew to send one, chug until a Nitro train appears. I'd imagine the paramedics would have a busy day that day.

Edited by coasterbill

This is absolutely awful, I was on the virtual reality ride with the fighter jet and it was absolutely awful. Graphics look like a Playstation 1 game and the whole thing is just a waste of time. At least do this for skull mountain which has nothing to really look at anyway or the dark Knight which the theming sucks for anyway.

I'm so aggravated by this decision. Hopefully this nonsense is gone after this season.

Nitro has a great setting, and it's an awesome ride. VR is the last thing it needs! I hope they're serious about the new headset system being faster, but that's a lie. Hopefully this will happen as late as possible in the season, Six Flags may want to forget the VR ever happened by next year.

They can put the VR on Nitro, this way El Toro will easily beat Nitro for riders this year

I have a quick question. I know while Six Flags Over Georgia opens at 10:30, a few of the rides actually open at 10:00. Is that the case at Great Adventure? If so, what rides? Thanks!

All rides open at 10:30 unfortunately. A few even have delayed openings and open at 11 like Bizarro. I know July 2nd through the 4th, a group of rides opens early each of those days.

Nitro is a poor choice for VR. I really like the location back in the woods and away from paths and other rides.

Do it to Green Lantern. It could be something fun with a superhero theme, and coaster fans aren't going to mind skipping its long line.

^It might be a good idea for the more uninteresting rides but I don't see why you'd add it to solid/better coasters. That being said I've never tried it so I can't say much. I don't think I'd be a fan though but as long as it is optional I don't see a problem.

Am I the only one who thinks VR on any coaster is a completely stupid idea?

No, unless you've been living in a cave, there's been quite a few others that agree with you on this forum as well as out in the GP. Personally, I don't think it's COMPLETELY stupid, but so far, the results have been less than inspiring in both execution and what it means for the speed of dispatch. I'm hoping that this experiment ends up stopping after this season, but I'm not too confident in that hope.

I don't think it's a bad idea "in theory." However, I agree that the execution has been terrible:

SFNE putting VR on one of the best steel coasters out there ruining the capacity.

SFOG putting VR on what was already a capacity nightmare.

SFGA now considering adding VR to one of their "big 3" rides and one of the better B&M hyper coasters.

Now SFOT adding to shockwave is more reasonable and, IMO, what VR should be relegated to. A middle tier coaster that has lost its popularity and needs some renewed ridership.

^ uh no. ShockWave is definitely not a middle tier coaster. It did have some popularity loss, but heck, when I went the line was longer for ShockWave than it was for Titan. Put the VR on Titan because it sucks anyway and it gives me an excuse to not have to ride it anymore.

^ uh, yes. What else would you call it? Top tier, again IMO, is a ride that actively brings people in to a park. To me middle tier is a good ride that you make sure you get in while you are at a park, but didn't primarily go there for.

Also, lol at saying you "have to ride" Titan when you go. It cracks me up the mentality that we have sometimes. "Well, I don't really like it, but since I'm here I have to ride it." We enthusiasts are a funny people sometimes...

I wouldn't consider Shockwave a good choice for VR. It is a very popular ride and I would have to say it probably does draw people in considering its proximity to interstate 20 and the fact that it is a likeable coaster for all ages.

I know here at Six Flags Over Georgia, Mind Bender remains one of the stand out coasters that the general public loves and talks about.

^ uh no. ShockWave is definitely not a middle tier coaster. It did have some popularity loss, but heck, when I went the line was longer for ShockWave than it was for Titan. Put the VR on Titan because it sucks anyway and it gives me an excuse to not have to ride it anymore.

Man, did Titan murder your entire family? Holy moly

^I can't speak for Titan, but I know its twin Goliath at SFMM is maddening, because it looks like a big awesome coaster... and just isn't! It's quite vanilla, actually... One of the most disappointing coasters I've ever ridden!

^I can't speak for Titan, but I know its twin Goliath at SFMM is maddening, because it looks like a big awesome coaster... and just isn't! It's quite vanilla, actually... One of the most disappointing coasters I've ever ridden!

It was a joke cause this dude trashes Titan in every single thread regardless of topic haha.