TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Here are my favorite seats on these coasters:

El Toro, Nitro, Sull Mountain, Superman: Back row, right seat

Bizarro, Kingda Ka: Front row, left seat

Batman, Mine Train: Front row, right seat

The top flat rides other than Zumanjaro are Twister, Sky Screamer, Swashbuckler and El Diablo. But Those four are very common and are in many parks, so they're not really must-do attractions. Houdini is fun, I've heard good things about the log flume and sky ride, and the safari is so cool.

Houdini is fun as long as you don't have a bunch of kids who don't speak English on the ride, not understanding 30 people sssshhing them, and screaming the whole time as if they were on kingda ka.

But can someone seriously explain Houdini. We have one in New England and I've always enjoyed it as a flat... My assumption is that the room moves around you as the seats move slightly back and forth? Or it could legitimately be magic.

But can someone seriously explain Houdini. We have one in New England and I've always enjoyed it as a flat... My assumption is that the room moves around you as the seats move slightly back and forth?.

Your assumption is correct.

But can someone seriously explain Houdini. We have one in New England and I've always enjoyed it as a flat... My assumption is that the room moves around you as the seats move slightly back and forth?.

Your assumption is correct.

What!? I've always though it was legit magic... My life is a lie...

Houdini is fun as long as you don't have a bunch of kids who don't speak English on the ride, not understanding 30 people sssshhing them, and screaming the whole time as if they were on kingda ka.

But can someone seriously explain Houdini. We have one in New England and I've always enjoyed it as a flat... My assumption is that the room moves around you as the seats move slightly back and forth? Or it could legitimately be magic.

If you haven't been on the great adventure Houdini then definitely check it out. It's vastly superior to the new England one which was missing a bunch of things compared to the great adventure one.

If you haven't been on the great adventure Houdini then definitely check it out. It's vastly superior to the new England one which was missing a bunch of things compared to the great adventure one.

This

Went on it this past weekend. Honestly had a horrible experience between the group of kids that were on the ride and the horrible ops lady that kept telling ppl to put loose items in the hallway, then had to tell them oh those actually need to be on a shelf. And she spoke so quietly no one could hear her anyways.. it was just a terrible experience in that regard.

Because of the horrible children in our group, I couldn't really hear the voice over's particularly well, but it seemed to be a more coherent story than the SFNE version. In ours the lady says lets try to bring him back from the dead, then the room spins, ride over. Never really sure if he ever came back.. I do agree the theming and everything looked a lot nicer in Jersey. Hell, nobody even realizes theres an attraction in the building in SFNE, its so poorly themed or whatnot on the outside.

Here are my favorite seats on these coasters:

El Toro, Nitro, Sull Mountain, Superman: Back row, right seat

Bizarro, Kingda Ka: Front row, left seat

Batman, Mine Train: Front row, right seat

The top flat rides other than Zumanjaro are Twister, Sky Screamer, Swashbuckler and El Diablo. But Those four are very common and are in many parks, so they're not really must-do attractions. Houdini is fun, I've heard good things about the log flume and sky ride, and the safari is so cool.

I prefer Nitro in the front. You get amazing floater airtime as you crest the hills, which is when I prefer to have airtime. Not only do I ride Skull Mountain in the back row, but I also keep my eyes closed throughout so it's pitch black and I have no clue what's up ahead. If you don't like to get dizzy, though, you may want to keep your eyes open.

Honestly it's such a small difference between the right for me that it's tough to tell. But I will choose the back row of Nitro any day. Every time I try back-to-back rides in the front, then back, I find the floater air in the back to be much stronger. The front is the next best option, but the first drop and drop after the mid-course brake run are really awesome in the back.

Out of the dozens of laps I've taken on Nitro all over the train the best seat without a doubt is back row right seat.

I haven't had quite as many laps (probably somewhere around 25-30 overall) but the last couple of years that I've had more rides I almost always go for the back and I often end up on the right side.

Maybe I just generally prefer the back on most coasters but It hasn't disappointed on Nitro.

Hi guys I'm after some help/advice. coming to the park 26th and 27th of August noticed there is a concert on the 27th so sprung for the Platinum fast pass as it covers most of the BIg stuff. It mentions a stay in seat re ride on select rides but dose not say which ones anyone know what rides you get this on? looked all over sixflags web site and nothing.

Thanks inadvance

Stu K

I'm having Holiday in the Park flashbacks this morning. I got on the train and instead of the usual stench of the MTA, all I could smell was pine needles and peppermint.

Please send help.

(Preferably in the form of hot chocolate and waffle carts.)

My personal favourite seat on Nitro, whether it be front or back row is the far left seat. On my countless laps on Nitro, that's where I have the most fun. Agree with the others that are saying the back row is the best on the ride.

Hi guys I'm after some help/advice. coming to the park 26th and 27th of August noticed there is a concert on the 27th so sprung for the Platinum fast pass as it covers most of the BIg stuff. It mentions a stay in seat re ride on select rides but dose not say which ones anyone know what rides you get this on? looked all over sixflags web site and nothing.

Thanks inadvance

Stu K

I want to say it's every ride but Joker. I know it includes Toro.

I got a platinum fast pass last year when I went and got double rides on all the coasters. Felt pretty awkward at times though just sitting there when everyone else got off the train though.

I know how you feel but you shouldn't for the amount of money you are forking out...

With the flash pass.. Say you have the Gold pass, which cuts the wait time in half. Say its 1 o clock, and the wait is a half hour, so you reserve the ride.. with a wait time of 15 minutes? Does it give you a time to show up.. Like you can't show up until 1:15 and then is there timeframe where if you don't show up its voided? Like say if you don't show up by 1:25 or something?

Just curious as I have never gotten the flash pass.