TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Are most of the Bring a Friend Days with good weather this bad at the parK?

We might visit the park Sunday 26th, which is again a Bring a Friend Day

We stay at the Hampton Robbinsville, 15 minutes from the park and will be taking I-195 E / 537 to the park.

Would it be better to make a detour, drive to Hornerstown and from there up on 537 to miss the backup?

How long did it take yesterday to get into the parking lot?

So we stayed open to close and got on 5 rides. Lol

Joker: 2 1/2 hours

Flume: 1 hour

Safari: 1 1/2 hours

El Toro: 1 hour

Kingda Ka (front row): 2 hours

After they closed they had pass holder ERT so we rode Superman twice in the front since the parking lot wasn't moving anyway. 10 minute wait both times.

It was insane but it was still a fun day.

Are most of the Bring a Friend Days with good weather this bad at the parK?

We might visit the park Sunday 26th, which is again a Bring a Friend Day

We stay at the Hampton Robbinsville, 15 minutes from the park and will be taking I-195 E / 537 to the park.

Would it be better to make a detour, drive to Hornerstown and from there up on 537 to miss the backup?

How long did it take yesterday to get into the parking lot?

There's no need to drive that far south. Best thing to do is just check Google Maps before you leave the hotel for a breakdown of the traffic on 537 outside of the park. Odds are it won't be anything like today, but if it is, you could always take exit 11 on 195 and take 526 east to the back entrance to the park (537 from the other direction). When visiting my mother during park season (who lives right by the 571/537 intersection, I always take exit 11 instead of 16 to avoid the park traffic.

image.thumb.png.225a4c31ba7306497eed51f8bb2705f7.png

Highlighted path.

So we stayed open to close and got on 5 rides. Lol

Joker: 2 1/2 hours

Flume: 1 hour

Safari: 1 1/2 hours

El Toro: 1 hour

Kingda Ka (front row): 2 hours

After they closed they had pass holder ERT so we rode Superman twice in the front since the parking lot wasn't moving anyway. 10 minute wait both times.

It was insane but it was still a fun day.

Between the crappy Saturday forecast and the decent Sunday forecast combined with the BAFF and BMX thing I had a feeling it would be ugly yesterday. I can't believe it was that bad. Glad you guys had fun and a little bummed we didn't get to hang yesterday but even happier I sat this one out, I have no patience for that kinda crowd. Looked gnarly from what I could tell on social media from you and many others. Hopefully next time you guys come down I can meet you and it won't be such a crazy ass day there.

Those who went Saturday lucked out - that rain never materialized til late and from what I hear the place stayed empty all day.

Thanks to the fact of a no student day in the NY board of Ed, No students tomorrow + no after school program + 2:20 end time = Six Flags trip. I honestly can't wait. Haven't done much riding this year work and grad school has really gotten in the way. Can't wait to get my first spin on Joker.

Hoping crowds are back to "normal" (whatever that is) for today... I got one shot at the park and this is it. Ideal weather (80F and Sunny) has me a bit worried, but it is what it is and I'll manage.

Quick question: Is there anyplace to charge a phone in the park? My battery has been acting up and may need a boost at some point today. I don't have a car, so kinda need the phone to get a ride back. If there's not a chance of charging, I guess I get to go back to the 2005-era and take on a park while disconnected from the outside world... OH THE HUMANITY!

They added the 29th as a bring a friend free day as well if you didn't use it yet. The 19th is also a bring a friend free day. I'll probably skip both days even if I dont think they will be as bad as yesterday since you only get to use 1 bring a friend free day pass during these 3 dates and it seemed like everyone used theirs yesterday.

Is hurricane harbor open? And Would my sfa pass be valid?

Yes, and it should be. But why waste your time at Hurricane Harbor when you could be riding El Toro? Lol

Agreed. Unless you're dead set on going to HH, it is very skippable. Remember you could riding a great collection of coasters.