TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Echoing what others have said; the safari is amazing. I never did it when it was drive your own car, and didn't expect anything but a half-assed, Kilamanjaro Safari rip-off. I was absolutely blown away, and would even go so far as to say that SORA is better than Kilamanjaro.

How are Fridays in the summer here (late June-early July, not July 4th weekend)? Going to do what we didn't get to do during HITP (El Toro, Ka, Safari, etc) Never getting on the Dark Knight or Green Lantern again, so I can skip those. To me, Superman and Batwing are close to the same, so I can skip that too. What I will do is ride Batman the Ride and Nitro multiple times. Looking like El Toro too. Can't wait to get my first ever ride on it. If I can skip 'anything', let me know. I'm spending the entire day, but want re-rides on the top performers.

Any day in the summer is a crap shoot! Best bet is to "risk" heading there when bad weather is in the forecast, and hope that you get a window of no rain....easy for me to say, as I'm only 20- 25 minutes from the park!

Here's the bottom line for any visit/any day of the week to SFGA:

- get your A$$ up early and plan on arriving to the parking lot between 9am- 9:15am

- early arrival gets you through security fairly quickly, and thus be one of the first people in line to get into the park

- once you are in the park, head left and go: Kingda Ka> Zumi> El Toro> Bizarro (it should be around 12pm at that point)

- high tail it to the other side of the park and go: Batman> Nitro> Skull

- at that point, have fun with the crowds! Do whatever it is you like to do.....and keep your expectations low (in terms of wait times)

Also:

- you'll get some feedback about "not missing" the Safari, however- you'll need close to 2 hours from start to finish- your call

- if it wasn't "new for 2016," trust me- you wouldn't wait on line for The Joker for more than 15 minutes....it will have the longest line in the park (as it is new/advertised like hell), and not worth giving up on the other coasters I mentioned above

Have fun......

I appreciate it. I kinda want to leave the safari out, but my daughter is looking forward to it. The one at Disney blew her mind since some of the animals came right up to the truck.

Truly told, the Safari at GAdv is better than at Animal Kingdom. I've done the AK Safari many, many times - and in one morning in New Jersey, I saw more animals and activity than I see in Orlando (and this is NOT to put down Animal Kingdom in any way as it is fantastic and the safari there is great as well. )

Just my opinion

How are Fridays in the summer here (late June-early July, not July 4th weekend)? Going to do what we didn't get to do during HITP (El Toro, Ka, Safari, etc) Never getting on the Dark Knight or Green Lantern again, so I can skip those. To me, Superman and Batwing are close to the same, so I can skip that too. What I will do is ride Batman the Ride and Nitro multiple times. Looking like El Toro too. Can't wait to get my first ever ride on it. If I can skip 'anything', let me know. I'm spending the entire day, but want re-rides on the top performers.

Any day in the summer is a crap shoot! Best bet is to "risk" heading there when bad weather is in the forecast, and hope that you get a window of no rain....easy for me to say, as I'm only 20- 25 minutes from the park!

Here's the bottom line for any visit/any day of the week to SFGA:

- get your A$$ up early and plan on arriving to the parking lot between 9am- 9:15am

- early arrival gets you through security fairly quickly, and thus be one of the first people in line to get into the park

- once you are in the park, head left and go: Kingda Ka> Zumi> El Toro> Bizarro (it should be around 12pm at that point)

- high tail it to the other side of the park and go: Batman> Nitro> Skull

- at that point, have fun with the crowds! Do whatever it is you like to do.....and keep your expectations low (in terms of wait times)

Also:

- you'll get some feedback about "not missing" the Safari, however- you'll need close to 2 hours from start to finish- your call

- if it wasn't "new for 2016," trust me- you wouldn't wait on line for The Joker for more than 15 minutes....it will have the longest line in the park (as it is new/advertised like hell), and not worth giving up on the other coasters I mentioned above

Have fun......

How quickly do the lines form for Ka\Zumanjaro? TTD was "Meh+" for me. And drop towers kinda freak me out, so I'll probably poop myself if I do Zumanjaro more than once. I've seen you guys post about early AM marathons on Toro, and since I'm gonna be solo on Monday I'd like to take a crack at that. Am I fragging the rest of the day by trying for that instead of the two Intamins? I'd like to ride the Intamins once, but rerides on Toro are a much higher priority it seems....

If your daughter freaked out over Animal Kingdom's safari then you absolutely MUST do Safari Off-Road Adventure! I rode Kilimanjaro Safari at AK probably 10 times in 2 days when I was at Disney last, and I agree with others that SORA at Six Flags is even better. It's longer, the animals cross right in front of the truck or to the side of it, some animals get right in the way and won't move so you have to off-road it (seriously), it's really cool. I like to ride it around 3PM because it's getting to be feeding time so they're all moving around waiting to go into their night areas.

Last time I stopped and fed the giraffes and it was absolutely worth the $5. This is coming from an animal nut and I've been around large animals my entire life. I have a horse and am currently training a gigantic draft horse whose head is as big, if not bigger, than Conan their large male giraffe. Still, feeding him was a huge thrill! They are so gentle. Last safari I saw bear cubs playing, kangaroos hopping all over, baby animals nursing not 3 feet from me on the side of the truck. I like sitting on the left side better than the right but it really depends on where the animals are. It's a time suck for sure but 100% worth it, even my brother who isn't an animal person whatsoever says it was out of this world.

TL;DR: Safari is a must do for anybody but especially for people who love animals!

Ok, the Safari is in..lol..Now the question is, should I hit it first or right after Toro, Ka, and Bizarro. Good news is that I got a lot of stuff ridden during HITP. Still want my rides on Joker, Nitro (again), and Batman (again) though.

Depends on how crowded the park is on the day you visit. The Safari's line builds up quickly and they close the line early on crowded days. If it seems like the park is going to be packed, hit it first. If not, you should get Ka out of the way first as it's the most unreliable ride in the park.

Ok, the Safari is in..lol..Now the question is, should I hit it first or right after Toro, Ka, and Bizarro. Good news is that I got a lot of stuff ridden during HITP. Still want my rides on Joker, Nitro (again), and Batman (again) though.

If it were me- I'd be selfish and knock out the left-hand side of the park (Ka> Zumi> El Toro> Bizarro), then the right-hand side of the park (Batman> Nitro> Skull).....have lunch, and wait on line for the Safari. I find that you need to leverage the 10:15am- 12:15pm hours as much as you can.....otherwise you will be staring at 45- 90 minute wait times for their major coasters, with a "typical" crowd in the park.

Has there been a statement about what rides will be open for HITP? Think it's safe to say Joker will be added to that list?

No, but I'm assuming it'll be the same rides plus Harley Quinn and Joker. Slight chance of Skyway as a round trip journey.

Today is El Toro's 10th Birthday, it opened June 11th 2006, and I was the first public rider to ride in the backrow. I waited from opening until they soft opened it at 1-2pm second in line. Ran straight to the back and sat with a preview rider and he told me to keep my hands up. I've never felt ejector like that in my life, it scared me so much, and from that day on it's been my favorite roller coaster ever. So HAPPY 10 YEARS EL TORO. KEEP KICKING ASS

If it were me- I'd be selfish and knock out the left-hand side of the park (Ka> Zumi> El Toro> Bizarro), then the right-hand side of the park (Batman> Nitro> Skull).....have lunch, and wait on line for the Safari. I find that you need to leverage the 10:15am- 12:15pm hours as much as you can.....otherwise you will be staring at 45- 90 minute wait times for their major coasters, with a "typical" crowd in the park.

One way or the other, I can't wait.

I hope nobody here decided to waste their day at bring a friend free day. I learned my lesson from being at six flags over Texas earlier this year but I had no choice cause it was the only day I could go. Park is absolutely packed...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/sfgadvconnoisseurs

I dont know why people don't just use the pass to get their friends a discount when it's actually a good day to go.

I hope nobody here decided to waste their day at bring a friend free day.

Guilty!

Having fun though

Wow, what's the wait time for Joker when the line is out that far?

About 4 and a half years.

According to SFGADv Connoisseurs' page, the park is at 70k today. We will never know if that is true BUT it is ungodly if it is.

How the hell can you even fit 70k people in the park?? Or, I guess you don't, which explains the overflow...

According to SFGADv Connoisseurs' page, the park is at 70k today. We will never know if that is true BUT it is ungodly if it is.

How the hell can you even fit 70k people in the park?? Or, I guess you don't, which explains the overflow...

I dont think 70k is realistic. Disneyland of all places is at max capacity at 60,000, where they only let in seasons pass holders in and stop selling tickets. At 75,000 you can only get in if you are a hotel guest or have a hand stamp for reentry. Whent hey reach 85,000 they literally close the park and you can't get back in. If you have a stamp, too bad, if you have a seasons pass, too bad.

I think SFGADv would have less capacity than Disneyland.